Thoughts On A Trump Government

Discussion in 'IMO: In My Opinion' started by Winchester, Nov 16, 2016.

1. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    muffy, Mamanyt1953, LotsOfFur and 1 other person purraised this.
  2. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Face it.....the man is an absolute wretch of a human being.

micknsnicks2mom, muffy and artiemom purraised this.
  3. margd

margd Chula and Paul's roommate Staff Member Advisor

Feb 24, 2015
    Maryland USA
    It's been over 8 months since Trump was sworn in as the U.S. president and it seems that I wake up every morning to some new appalling thing he's tweeted or said, something that all too often threatens someone - either individuals or entire countries. Nothing prepared me, however, for Trump's series of tweets this morning threatening to abandon 3.4 million Americans in Puerto Rico to a "staggering humanitarian crisis." Trump threatens to abandon Puerto Rico recovery effort

The issue of whether or not the Trump administration's emergency disaster relief efforts have been adequate in the face of the unprecedented disaster caused by hurricane Maria continues to be controversial. However, even if the efforts up until now have been the best that can be done (which seems highly doubtful), the President of the United States just threatened to abandon 3.4 million Americans who desperately need help from their government. I don't remember ever hearing a president of this country expressing such callous disregard for its citizens. I'm sick to my very soul.

Please We're praying for Help.png

foxxycat, kskatt, micknsnicks2mom and 6 others purraised this.
  4. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    artiemom and Mamanyt1953 purraised this.
  5. xlpooper

xlpooper TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    See post 6415

6. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Sorry, you're going to have to be more specific for us. We've all read that post and didn't see what you saw, apparently.

muffy purraised this.
  7. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    We don't agree that the things you listed in 6415 are good for the US economy. In fact, most of them are bad.

Mamanyt1953, muffy, surya and 1 other person purraised this.
  8. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Renegotiating NAFTA, imposing high tariffs on Canadian lumber, making the G20 remove its opposition of protectionism. I guess those items are good for some people. They scare the crap out of me. Protectionism is NEVER a good thing. Never.

Especially when one considers that the ManBaby is most assuredly not the businessman or the negotiator he pretends to be. Unless one considers bullying and ridicule a good negotiating tactic. I do not.

And all his lying. He constantly lies about all the good things he’s accomplished. Most of us are very much aware of his lies.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  9. artiemom

artiemom Artie, my buddy Top Cat

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    Trump really has to go... before he destroys this country.. and all it's inhabitants, except the rich..

Mamanyt1953, LotsOfFur and muffy purraised this.
  10. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    Yes the negative things that he has said about Puerto Rico before this happened are true though he shouldn't have been pointing them out after the hurricane. Yes they were a financial basket case, though D.C. isn't fiscally responsible either. Yes they didn't start putting power lines underground before this and yes they were on the verge of bankruptcy but that is beside the point. We are going to have to pour resources into Puerto Rico to save lives. Puerto Rico basically needs to be rebuilt. Yes hard choices need to be made so that they don't sink back into a financial morass but for now they have to be rebuilt. Hard choices will come later.

Mamanyt1953 purraised this.
  11. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    There will be no jobs on a dead planet. You can't breathe or eat money. It's really that simple.

Mamanyt1953, LotsOfFur and artiemom purraised this.
  12. kittens mom

kittens mom Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian. Top Cat

Aug 27, 2015
    Moriarty, New Mexico

PR is an issue because they are a territory not a state. It's like having a perpetual child living in your basement. Time for them to become a state or vote for independence.
    Political correctness or what ever word you want to assign to this don't say anything that might hurt peoples feelings does not change the truth and of course if Trump says it even though he speaks the truth it will be twisted. Now is the time to discuss this just like the liberals think they should have jumped on gun control before the blood was mopped up in Las Vegas. The news conveniently left out the rescue efforts by our men and women in PR for their own agenda. I wonder at times how stupid both reporting sides of the media think we are.

foxxycat purraised this.
  13. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Hahahahahahahahhaha. . .lol. They'd love to become a state. That's never ever going to happen with a Republican Congress. (Also they wouldn't be allowed to declare independence. PR is the main source of sugar cane for the US and they aren't going to give that up without a fight. And there aren't enough residents of PR to have a successful revolution).

Trump referred to meeting with the president of the US Virgin Islands. Which is him. He clearly doesn't understand this stuff. He really needs to understand this stuff :/.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 11:06 AM
    kskatt, muffy and LotsOfFur purraised this.
  14. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    He is easily the single dumbest person ever to hold office.

Or maybe he was looking in a mirror and telling himself what a good job he was doing?

Days without the ManBaby making a national embarrassing mistake? Zero.

Get him a map with bright colors and a big box of giant crayons for his little hands to hold.

muffy, LotsOfFur and artiemom purraised this.
  15. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    No, he was referring to an actual meeting with the governor of the Virgin Islands, he just doesn't understand the whole dynamic. And he really at the very least needs to understand what he is president of.

muffy and LotsOfFur purraised this.
  16. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    I was being sarcastic.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 11:17 AM
  17. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    I used to work with a woman from Puerto Rico and her mom still lived there. She said that her mom was very pro American. She told me that every once in a while they have a referendum with three choices, become a state, declare independence or stay a territory. Her mom always voted for statehood. There is also a vocal group that wants independence, there used to be some terrorist activity here over that. She said everyone brings out their ads trying to gain the majority. She said every time people get sick of hearing about it and most vote to keep things the way they are.

foxxycat purraised this.
  18. Willowy

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    The last time Puerto Rico had a "vote" about statehood, 97% of those who voted said yes. But only 23% of residents voted. So it's hard to say what the average Puerto Rican wants. BUT, that doesn't matter because it's entirely up to Congress. Congress could make PR a state against the will of the residents or keep them a commonwealth even if the residents all want statehood. There's definitely no way the current Congress would vote for statehood.

But anyway. Even if you consider PR "a grown kid living in the basement" (whose parents won't let them get a job), bugging them about it right now is like waiting until that basement kid gets cancer and then asking them to move out :/.

LotsOfFur purraised this.
  19. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    And look what kind of disaster that kind of voter turnout can produce!

LotsOfFur and Winchester purraised this.