This Neighbor Took In Another Cat!!!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Just venting here, because I cannot contain my anger and frustration anymore. Please bear with me. :(

I know some of you have read my other previous post about my neighbor who suddenly decided she did not want her 3 indoor cats inside her apartment anymore, and locked them all outside. And as you know I am the one who is regularly feeding them since then as they are always at my front door. My last update was another of her cat is now missing and has not returned for days, (that means 2 of her indoor cats already disappeared, plus an outdoor cat of hers.) So that leaves to only one cat now from the original 4.

The other day, she asked for used kitten baby bottles and KMR from me! She has a new kitten inside her apartment!! When I told her yesterday to please keep that kitten inside permanently, she said, "NO WAY!" I asked why she had to take another one when she could not keep it forever. She then went on to say that she just picked it up from outside to help until it grows bigger, as if she is doing animal kingdom a great favor. I explained to her that it is the SAME. It is still a death sentence, and she just prolonged it.

No amount of explaining will do to this lady. I give up.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Just venting here, because I cannot contain my anger and frustration anymore. Please bear with me. :(

I know some of you have read my other previous post about my neighbor who suddenly decided she did not want her 3 indoor cats inside her apartment anymore, and locked them all outside. And as you know I am the one who is regularly feeding them since then as they are always at my front door. My last update was another of her cat is now missing and has not returned for days, (that means 2 of her indoor cats already disappeared, plus an outdoor cat of hers.) So that leaves to only one cat now from the original 4.

The other day, she asked for used kitten baby bottles and KMR from me! She has a new kitten inside her apartment!! When I told her yesterday to please keep that kitten inside permanently, she said, "NO WAY!" I asked why she had to take another one when she could not keep it forever. She then went on to say that she just picked it up from outside to help until it grows bigger, as if she is doing animal kingdom a great favor. I explained to her that it is the SAME. It is still a death sentence, and she just prolonged it.

No amount of explaining will do to this lady. I give up.
Some people will never learn, when I was a kid we always had outdoor cat's, I unfortunately found two of those cat's at the side of the road. I would never have a cat roam now the choice is mine to make, let alone chuck my inside cat out. I live in the city. I think next time she comes knocking for cat stuff just tell her sorry I'm all out. You sound like a truly kind person and this lady knows you'll pick up her slack. I hope you don't have to again but like I said some people never learn just try not to let it stress you to much, think about you :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Some people will never learn, when I was a kid we always had outdoor cat's, I unfortunately found two of those cat's at the side of the road. I would never have a cat roam now the choice is mine to make, let alone chuck my inside cat out. I live in the city. I think next time she comes knocking for cat stuff just tell her sorry I'm all out. You sound like a truly kind person and this lady knows you'll pick up her slack. I hope you don't have to again but like I said some people never learn just try not to let it stress you to much, think about you :vibes:
Thank you for the kind words.
I gave her the bottles, but not the KMR. And I am still feeding her cat. I asked her yesterday if she is still feeding her cat outside and she said yes, which I do not believe anyway. It is just a matter of time before this last cat disappears too, which really deeply saddens me every time. Now she has this new kitten, and also just a matter of time before I see it again outside my door! It is not about the money I spend on her cats' food, but my sadness every time it goes missing, which she may never understand. I swear I am not renewing my flat contract in a few months time, and I'd be leaving my place for good. Can't bear to be her neighbor anymore!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words.
I gave her the bottles, but not the KMR. And I am still feeding her cat. I asked her yesterday if she is still feeding her cat outside and she said yes, which I do not believe anyway. It is just a matter of time before this last cat disappears too, which really deeply saddens me every time. Now she has this new kitten, and also just a matter of time before I see it again outside my door! It is not about the money I spend on her cats' food, but my sadness every time it goes missing, which she may never understand. I swear I am not renewing my flat contract in a few months time, and I'd be leaving my place for good. Can't bear to be her neighbor anymore!
It's such a shame this person is having such a impact on you by her actions. I think your right she will never learn. It's also a shame that you are thinking of moving because of it. My thoughts are with you I understand how saddening this is when you see her repeatedly do this. I really hope this all works out and if you do move I hope you get the neighbours you deserve :alright:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And it's people like her that are one of the reasons why there are so many stray cats and kittens about. As has been said, some just never learn. I wonder, though, if she has a hoarding problem and sadly cats are what she likes to hoard.
Perhaps you could alert her to the authorities if she's making you this uncomfortable - or the local animal welfare to see what they can do about it? I hope your situation gets resolved soon. :hugs:

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
And it's people like her that are one of the reasons why there are so many stray cats and kittens about. As has been said, some just never learn. I wonder, though, if she has a hoarding problem and sadly cats are what she likes to hoard.
Perhaps you could alert her to the authorities if she's making you this uncomfortable - or the local animal welfare to see what they can do about it? I hope your situation gets resolved soon. :hugs:[/QUOTE

She thinks she is doing these cats a huge favor. She said the reason why she let them out was because her cats are “happier” outside. Now she will surely do this again to this new kitten.

My husband keeps telling me not to interfere anymore, but I can’t bear to see her cat eating rocks and garbage. I have become sarcastic and direct to the point to her lately whenever she speaks to me, but she does not get it. Neighbors are now complaining of the cat’s poop everywhere, so I have to call the bldg maintenance every now and then to clean the mess. I am still unable to find a home for this fella. Strays are a HUGE problem here and the only local shelter I know overflows with cats and dogs. The rest are organized by private individuals who do care but also cannot take in more as their hands are full. I know several friends who also take care of colonies and have them spayed/neutered, all expenses are coming from their own money. Most of them have adopted cats and dogs of their own aside from the ones they take care outside. Believe it or not, even my budgies were abandoned years back, so I took them in. When will people realize that animals are not toys?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
For some strange reason people think cats can just rough it outside. I guess they themselves have never been without food, fresh water, or exposed to extreme weather.

You are so nice to share kitten bottles with this idiot and I hope you continue to do so because it should always be about the cat.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
For some strange reason people think cats can just rough it outside. I guess they themselves have never been without food, fresh water, or exposed to extreme weather.

You are so nice to share kitten bottles with this idiot and I hope you continue to do so because it should always be about the cat.
She said she will return to the same spot where she picked the kitten as according to her there are people feeding the cats there. I told her that it is the SAME location she first brought her cats but look what happened? Her cats almost died of starvation. Good thing she still had the conscience to get them back to the compound.

She has this thinking that other people can be there for the cats!

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately some people just see animals as disposable, to be discarded when they get bored with them.
I cannot understand the way her brain works. It is obvious our minds pick up different wave signals.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
maybe this woman is lonely, wanting to help stray cats but doesnt really know how to do it, and with her inability to make good decisions or maybe its her idea that she will raise them for a short time and then when she thinks they are ready the cat will either go on their merry way and survive in the wild or someone else will come and feed them or take them to be looked after. The problem is her intentions are good to help the cat , but her ability to see the future outcome of her actions and impact is limited. I feel sorry for the cat if the cats are being dealt with as a domestic and to rely on humans and then are being cold shouldered suddenly forced to live in the wild on its own .

Maybe have a chat with her like ask her how come she likes cats alot, ask her about her history of cats ownership, like did she ever own a cat before in a legitamate way , maybe she owned a cat that passed away and by "trying to rescue stray cats" is a way for her to cope from the loss? There has to be something behind all this.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE///

I KNEW IT!
I came home today to find the kitten already outside! I asked her why and she said it keeps meowing (maybe because its a cat? Duh)

Poor thing is so TINY, with its fur not yet even fully covering its thin body! I don’t know how old is this. But I took it and put it inside my equally tiny flat, much to the consternation of my indoor cats.

Here is Graham probably trying to understand what this tiny thing is:

BE85421C-BF69-476C-8FBA-864447253FB6.jpeg

And here she is now saying hello, but this black kitty does not want to be touched.
D29A5C7C-9FE4-43A4-B897-B2C2D9E1E819.jpeg

And here is my Bourbon seemingly not so happy with all these:

CB7CEDE3-7C36-4347-BC09-606B5D56F59B.jpeg

Honestly I don’t know know if I can keep it with me but what I do know is I need to take it from the dangers outside. Our flat is a studio type and very small, and my husband won’t be happy when he comes back.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
As you said, you don't know how her brain works. To me, despite the fact that she does not have 60 cats in her flat, this is something akin to hoarder mentality where she compulsively takes things in with no thought of consequences, but in her case then just shoves them out the door and replaces them. You are so kind to do anything that you can to help those cats.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little kitten, your right this person just doesn't understand what she's doing or maybe she has some kind of problem who would chuck that angel out because he cried babies cry. Thankyou for picking up her slack again I hope you can find this baby a forever home I see now what a awful situation your stuck with :alright::rock:

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
its her idea that she will raise them for a short time and then when she thinks they are ready the cat will either go on their merry way and survive in the wild or someone else will come and feed them or take them to be looked after.
Exactly what she insists to me. She said these cats are happy outside and somebody will feed them.