this maybe behind the flurry of recalls

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, my opinion, or reasoning. I've given a great deal of thought to the concept that the incidents behind the recalls must be due to accidents, because why would a company want to kill it's customers. Here is a logic that will answer that, not that they want to kill their customers.

From Susan Thixton:

The purchaser, not the pet is the customer. They are not killing their customers. They know that when our pets die, most of us will acquire another pet, who will need to eat. There is an unlimited number of cats, dogs, birds, horses, and other animals people make pets of. There is no question the need for pet food will continue. The customer will continue. The pets are effectively interchangable. I have no proof, this is simply a possible hypothesis of the reasoning behind -1- the accidents that lead to poisoned pets -2- why the pet food companies, the FDA, and AAFCO got rid of the protection laws. Of course, it might also just be accidents.

Ensuring the Safety of Pet Food laws were our laws, promised to pet owners by Congress after thousands of our pets died and thousands more suffered permanent kidney damage in 2007. Ensuring the Safety of Pet Food promised us regulatory authorities would take the necessary steps to ‘ensure’ our pets food was safe, preventing future deadly disasters.

Eleven years later, without warning – our laws were deleted by changes made to an unrelated bill in Congress. The promises given to us in 2007 turned into broken promises in 2018. Who would betray pet owners this way? New information provided to us shows that the FDA, AAFCO and the trade association AFIA lobbied Congress to change a bill to delete our laws.

[/URL][/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Re-reading my post, I realized that some may think I'm saying the pet food companies are intentionally trying to kill our pets. I am NOT. I'm saying they are willing to take greater risks in not keeping hygienic conditions and taking care with the processing of their foods. I think the cost savings, make them take greater risks than are reasonable and spend the money to cut corners.

Again, it's not that they want to kill pets. Doing so serves no purpose, since it doesn't matter to them which pets the customer is feeding. However, they take risks, knowing when our pets die, most of us will acquire

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cannot open the link.
Can you be more specific about what happened to the regulations in 2018 please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise