This Kitty Reminds Me Of A Bengal, What Do You Think?

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20190404_172454.jpg 20190404_170004.jpg
20190404_172454.jpg
20190404_170004.jpg
She definitely isn't a pure bred. She's a rescue I'm fostering. She's a major lap cat with the weirdest meow I've ever seen with a very interesting body build. Very long and strong. My cat scanner app always screams Bengal but I know she wouldn't have all that white and stuff and plus she's a foster haha. But maybe a mix with a European shorthsir ? What do you think ?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her classic tabby whirls are less usual. So she perhaps has a granddad whom was half bengal. So to speak. But no very recent connection. :)

Nice gal!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really seeing anything Bengal about her, she is beautiful though!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not really seeing anything Bengal about her, she is beautiful though!!
It was just her marbling coloration that made me consider it, also the spots on her back legs. Also her personality. Def. like not pure bred AT ALL but her coloration was pretty.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no genetics expert but if white is, or can be, a dominant gene in cats, that might explain the white with the really cool markings.
Whatever she is, she shouldn't be a foster for long :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm no genetics expert but if white is, or can be, a dominant gene in cats, that might explain the white with the really cool markings.
She's a foster pair with me. I like her she's a sweet heart but with 7 other cats she's not comfortable at all. Mostly because the 3 legged cat is.. Literally scarier to her. Not my dog. Not my main coon. But a 3 legged small cat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, white is a very dominant gene in cats, something of a master gene re coloring and pattern... Both all white gene and white spot gene. She has the white spot gene - and thus - does have white spots...