This Is One Fat Cat!!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor cat. At least the report mentioned how danergous being overweight can be for cats.
Sometimes I pretend to lift weights by lifting Pushkin - can you imagine the workout that cat's owner must each time he lifts him!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this on MSN.com! They have the streaming video of it. I was cracking up at the part that showed him helping his cat get up on the bed.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
poor thing.... think of the strain on his heart! Can we say kitty lipo? That poor animal needs something done to help him and soon.... I can't believe an owner would let his cat get into such a mess! So what if he's in surprisingly good health for his weight... that's not going to stay that way. I apologise... but that is not in the least bit funny.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty. I hope his owner brushes him daily.. because we won't be able to reach more than half his body.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They were showing the story on the news yesterday, and I just got mad seeing the promos. Allowing an animal to get that obese should be considered cruelty. So kitty prefers 6 pounds (Holy cow!!! I don't even eat that much!!!) of chicken a day. Good grief. Kids would generally prefer chocolate cake and ice cream for breakfast, and pop instead of milk or water - but no decent parent would let them eat like that every day!

That poor, poor kitty!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty. And how sad that his owner views it as funny instead of a serious problem. Will he think its funny when the kitty has a heart attack or liver disease and dies? Some people...

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's horrible. I am a 275-pound cat owner who is determined that her kitties will not have the same problem I do. LOL They are fed measured amounts of kibble and wet food each day and while they'll cry for more, they usually leave at least a little of it for Miss Manners.

I can't imagine what this guy is thinking. Also, most Chinese people I know are repelled by overweight -- they're the first ones to point out to me that I'm fat. LOL Doesn't he get the connection?

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ticks me off that people fail to consider the cats health! That cat, among MANY other illnesses is a prime candidate for diabetes.

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

They were showing the story on the news yesterday, and I just got mad seeing the promos. Allowing an animal to get that obese should be considered cruelty. So kitty prefers 6 pounds (Holy cow!!! I don't even eat that much!!!) of chicken a day. Good grief. Kids would generally prefer chocolate cake and ice cream for breakfast, and pop instead of milk or water - but no decent parent would let them eat like that every day!

That poor, poor kitty!

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wonder if there's anything like animal welfare... where people could go in and monitor the progress of the cat for weight loss or health or something?

Amazing (and sad). Together, my two are about 23 pounds. I'd much rather have two than one gigantic monster cat....

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That poor kitty. I hope his vet tells the owner about a good diet cat food.
He makes my big-boned gal Miss Kitty look like a supermodel.