This guy’s name is ‘Maximizer’ from the woods in alaska

Stable

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maximizer in this particular photo is still really young. He was born in December 2019 and I took this picture mid summer 2020.
Im just amazed by his size and markings. He is from a litter of 5 kittens, my friends female had, so Maximizer’s mother is a domestic barn cat. Where we live in AK its not uncommon to have bobcats come out of the brush line into the wide open for all to see aswell as the occasional canada lynx. Them are really big but were about 99 percent sure that Max’s father is one of the local bobcat. If someone was curious about a more recent photo like from today I’ll gladly post them upon request. FC4803CE-9092-4AF0-B64F-A8ADF26905A3.jpeg i

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You mean, he is biggish? The looks are rather ordinary domestic. Brown mackerel / broken mackerel tabby with white. Looks nice. :)

Ellis75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looks to have had a domestic cat as a father. While there are rumors of bobcats breeding with domestic cats, I don't believe there are any confirmed cases. If he were half bobcat, he would be much larger and more wild looking. He's a very handsome domestic shorthair :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a very good looking cat!

I would describe your cat as a brown mackerel tabby and white domestic shorthair. You can also describe his tabby pattern as "broken mackerel" as some of the stripes are broken up into spots. This is a tabby pattern that we frequently see in domestic cats.

I agree that it's extremely unlikely your cat would be a bobcat hybrid. It's not known whether this particular hybrid combination is possible, since other cats claimed to have been "bobcat hybrids" in the past have been disproved. I'm not seeing any evidence of bobcat or other wild feline ancestry in your pictures. He is obviously a big handsome boy, but looks normal for a domestic cat. Domestic cats, especially males, can be quite large.

What color was your cat's mother (that is, your friend's female cat)?