This day stinks already....

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm off today, and had plans to go to the gym for a long early workout...
My partner has a meeting on the Beach, so he is out of here around 6am. I get up a few minutes later, go into the kitchen and start reading the paper. After finishing the paper, I look up to see his stupid parrot sitting on top of his cage. This is a mean, satanic, blue-front amazon that HATES MY GUTS. My partner was supposed to take him into his outdoor cage like he does every morning, and instead he left his cage unlocked, ran off to the beach, so now I'm stuck with a major problem. I can't leave the house, because he will tear the place apart, and scare the crap out of my 75 year old mother who is visiting from Chicago....My partner is in a meeting, and can't drive the 30 miles back south...
This stupid bird is afraid of sticks, so I can't get him back in his cage. If I tried to get him on my finger, he would bite right through to the bone....

I am being held hostage by this stupid bird! My partner owes me big time!

So now I'm trying to keep the cat out of that room, too, which will only make the situation worse...

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try throwing a large bath towel over him and securing him, then take him outside to his cage.

I used to do bird rescue, I've had to handle many an aggressive and unsocialized parrot this way.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is not funny, but I just had an image of a satanic bird holding you hostage in your kitchen and an image of your cat desparately trying to get to the bird to rescue you!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After three hours, the stupid bird finally got hungry and went back into his cage to eat, so I closed the door on him....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure your cat wouldv'e been more than willing to "help" if called upon!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MiamiSpartan

After three hours, the stupid bird finally got hungry and went back into his cage to eat, so I closed the door on him....
You won the stare down! Yeah!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I'm sure your cat wouldv'e been more than willing to "help" if called upon!
Don't be too sure

My macaw is only about half the size of an amazon and still quite capable of seriously injuring a cat.
My cats are quite afraid of him.

grayfluffy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know exactly what you're going through. I had a friend that had a parrot that was evil, this bird hated me to the point when I went to her house this bird trapped me in the corner trying to bite my legs. Then when she finally got the bird away from me the bird bit her!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am petrified of birds, especially big ones- they are all evil in my opinion! Glad the story had a happy ending!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Is it safe to get a small chuckle out of this story now?

I hope so because I was cracking up
Yes, now you can laugh. The cat will not go NEAR the Blue Front. She's facinated by the Conure, tho...