This cat breed had me totally confused.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it looks to me like an Ocicat with a bullseye on its side... So my guess would be an Ocicat with classic tabby pattern (because this pattern is recessive, it can pop up sometimes). In the GCCF (England), there is a recognized breed called "Aztec" which is a classic tabby patterned Ocicat. Aztec

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do have some beautiful Ocicats at the shows in my region, so I'm familiar with the look of the breed :)
I'm curious, is it a GCCF Aztec, or a non-standard classic tabby Ocicat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do have some beautiful Ocicats at the shows in my region, so I'm familiar with the look of the breed :) I'm curious, is it a GCCF Aztec, or a non-standard classic tabby Ocicat?
I have no idea..my friend just sent me the pic because she likes to drive me crazy..I will give her a call and see where she got pic from.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the link to the website for the Ocicats....Beautiful cats..maybe you can work out whether its an aztec or non standard..getting over my head here. Definitely going to look up more on them.
.Zayenah Ocicats

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have lovely cats! It looks like their cats are registered through CCCA which doesn't recognize Aztec, only Ocicat, and the show standard requires the spotted pattern. So it looks like under their rules, it's an Ocicat that can be used for breeding but not eligible for awards at shows.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok..so Aztecs cant be shown as Ocicats under the CCCA rules here in Oz..sad cause lovely looking cats.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The spots are a defining characteristic of the Ocicat breed, so I can understand why the rules don't allow the ones with classic pattern to be shown (and that's probably why the GCCF wants the cats with the classic pattern to have a different breed name, too). They can still be used in breeding programs, anyway.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooo I love ocicats. We were at the Garden State Cat Show (New Jersey) earlier this year and I fell in love with this one!

ocica.jpg

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am liking them more and more too..lol..Now wonder if you can get silver ones??
Seems you can..cool.

Last edited: