Third US stimulus payment

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FYI for those who may not have been aware - POTUS signed a COVID relief bill on March 11, 2021 that includes a third round of stimulus payments to most Americans. If you have kids / dependents, you may qualify for the "plus up" payment. A new batch of the payments will be going out next week to more US residents. Many people have already received their payments. Not sure if you got one already or not? Check the IRS web site (link below).

IRS info: Third Economic Impact Payment | Internal Revenue Service

Some people may receive a letter from the IRS about this and how much one will receive (or have already received). The letter (Notice 1444-C) should be kept for tax purposes. The IRS web site has a payment status check thing one can use to find out if they are eligible for a stimulus payment: Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, I got my payment the day after he signed the bill (direct deposit), and just got the notice last week. I wonder how much confusion that caused?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If we put off our taxes until the last minute, I'm assuming they don't know about the baby. Too bad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ha, I got my payment the day after he signed the bill (direct deposit), and just got the notice last week. I wonder how much confusion that caused?
Here. I blame it on post-vaccine confusion :crazy:

Looks like the stimulus checks are going out in batches. That wasn't clear from the article I read (I should know better than to read poorly written Yahoo articles :rolleyes:) . So some people have already received their third stimulus payment. I got mine on March 25. A new batch of stimulus payments are going out next week to more US residents.

The IRS letter thing is just to keep for tax record purposes not filing purposes but I don't think it's crucial since you can log into the IRS web site and see what stimulus payments you may have received.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine weeks ago. The first was direct deposit, the second was a check and this last was a direct deposit. Nice to get as it paid a good portion of my first half of property taxes.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We both are going to need new cars, so while the stimulus wouldn't cover that entirely, it's probably going right back into the economy!