Third hand smoking and my cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sweep up as much of the potassium permanganate while it is dry, using a dust pan and broom or similar.
Do your best not to kick up too much dust which will cause the fine powder to spread and make the mess worse.
Scoop it into a plastic bag, tie it up then put the bag into another sturdy container and seal it with a tight lid until you can dispose of it.

Clean up the remainder of the potassium permanganate with lots and lots of water then finish with hydrogen peroxide.

Peroxide will react with the permanganate and make the purple color disappear.

Potassium permanganate is not poisonous in small amounts. It is often used to disinfect drinking water. You might find packets of potassium permangante in emergency water purification kits used for camping or survival. If you dilute the permanganate enough it won't be harmful. This is why I said to use lots of water to clean it up.

Unfortunately, if you spill the stuff it's like opening Pandora's box! Even a small amount, when spilled, can make a big purple stain. Diluting with water only gets you so far. The purple stains can remain even after dilution.

Hydrogen peroxide chemically reacts with potassium permanganate. Technically, the peroxide will REDUCE the manganese ions from oxidation state VII to oxidation state II. When it is at oxidation state VII, permanganate looks purple but, at oxidation state II, it is colorless. This reaction happens faster when the solution has a lower, acidic, pH value. If you use a moderate amount of white vinegar it should create the acidic conditions necessary to make the reaction work.

The toxicity level of potassium permanganate is something along 1,000 mg. / 1 kg. of body weight.
That's moderately low. It works out to something on the order of 1/4 of a teaspoon full for every pound of weight.
If you have a ten pound cat it would take two teaspoons full of the stuff.

That, having been said, potassium permanganate IS A STRONG CHEMICAL!
It has similar properties to chlorine bleach. When you use it or, as in your case, when you have to clean it up, take the same precautions you would take if you were handling bleach.

• WEAR PROTECTIVE GLOVES!
• WEAR PROTECTIVE GOGGLES!
• WEAR A PROTECTIVE APRON!
• If you get the stuff on you, wash with LOTS of COOL WATER for at least ten minutes.
• If it gets on your clothes, IMMEDIATELY take them off and wash in LOTS of WATER then launder before wearing again.
• If the stuff causes a reaction on your skin (itching, burning, rash, etc.) go to a doctor IMMEDIATELY!
• If it gets into your eyes, nose, mouth or other sensitive areas of your body, IMMEDIATELY wash with with LOTS of COOL WATER for at least ten minutes then go to a doctor IMMEDIATELY!

The best way to dispose of potassium permanganate (at the household level) is to dilute with lots of water then put it down the drain to a municipal sewer system. (Not a septic tank.) Small amounts that you might encounter in a household situation can simply be flushed down the toilet. Potassium permanganate is used in municipal water and sewage treatment, anyhow. Technically, you'd be doing the city Sewer Department a favor. ;)

DO NOT allow potassium permanganate to mix with other chemicals, except water.
The things I mentioned above (peroxide and vinegar) are okay because they tend to deactivate potassium permanganate when used in small amounts, although you should be aware that even this reaction might cause the release of heat and oxygen gas. However, when we're dealing with small amounts of these substances, diluted with a large amount of water, you should not have to worry. Especially, do not allow potassium permanganate to mix with things like antifreze (glycol/glycerine) solutions or any kind of petroleum product. There is a small chance that a problem could occur if this happens. Even though that chance is small the amount of damage that can occur could be large. Extra precaution is warranted. Better safe than sorry. Right? ;)

Botton line:
Wear personal protection.
Clean up with lots of water.
Remove any stains with hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar.
Dispose small amounts down the sewer (not the septic tank) using lots of water to dilute.
Clean yourself and your clothes with lots of water and soap.
If you have any symptoms, go to a doctor.

FYI: I am an industrial chemical technician and I use potassium permangante as part of my job on a regular basis.
This is a summary of the things I do when I have to work with potassium permanganate.
Wow thanks so much for this reply. Unfortunately this happened yesterday. This would of been helpful. It wasn't actually a spill. It was solid form. I did research and the pellets are actually alumina pellets and contain water and potassium Permanganate so it should of been diluted from the start. Which explains why it was lighter pink and not dark purple when I dropped them in the sink. Then again I'm not a chemist. Forgive me if I didn't take the proper cautions when disposing. I looked up iq air potassium Permanganate saftey data sheet on Google and it popped up the ingredients. Since you are a pro at this maybe you can take a look. I attached the file. If not that's ok. My mom helped me clean up. Although we didn't do exactly like you said with lots of water we wiped down the table and floor with a white cloth with water. The white cloth was clean. Then after with one cup vingar and one eater. if there was any left wouldn't there be pink stains on the cloth since it was a tiny bit wet??? It wasn't soaked the towel but just between damp and wet. Just for peace of mind I'm glad I didn't see any pink. I then vacuumed the floor. I hope that didn't make it worse because vaccuums exaust. Since it wasn't poweder it should have caused dust to go everywhere right? It really wasn't alot. A few pellets. I'm just concerned if I missed one tiny pellet here and there. I did my best. Then after cleaning my mother laid on my couch and I freak out cuz she didn't change her clothes but there wasn't anything on her. That's my OCD talking so please don't judge me lol

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sweep up as much of the potassium permanganate while it is dry, using a dust pan and broom or similar.
Do your best not to kick up too much dust which will cause the fine powder to spread and make the mess worse.
Scoop it into a plastic bag, tie it up then put the bag into another sturdy container and seal it with a tight lid until you can dispose of it.

Clean up the remainder of the potassium permanganate with lots and lots of water then finish with hydrogen peroxide.

Peroxide will react with the permanganate and make the purple color disappear.

Potassium permanganate is not poisonous in small amounts. It is often used to disinfect drinking water. You might find packets of potassium permangante in emergency water purification kits used for camping or survival. If you dilute the permanganate enough it won't be harmful. This is why I said to use lots of water to clean it up.

Unfortunately, if you spill the stuff it's like opening Pandora's box! Even a small amount, when spilled, can make a big purple stain. Diluting with water only gets you so far. The purple stains can remain even after dilution.

Hydrogen peroxide chemically reacts with potassium permanganate. Technically, the peroxide will REDUCE the manganese ions from oxidation state VII to oxidation state II. When it is at oxidation state VII, permanganate looks purple but, at oxidation state II, it is colorless. This reaction happens faster when the solution has a lower, acidic, pH value. If you use a moderate amount of white vinegar it should create the acidic conditions necessary to make the reaction work.

The toxicity level of potassium permanganate is something along 1,000 mg. / 1 kg. of body weight.
That's moderately low. It works out to something on the order of 1/4 of a teaspoon full for every pound of weight.
If you have a ten pound cat it would take two teaspoons full of the stuff.

That, having been said, potassium permanganate IS A STRONG CHEMICAL!
It has similar properties to chlorine bleach. When you use it or, as in your case, when you have to clean it up, take the same precautions you would take if you were handling bleach.

• WEAR PROTECTIVE GLOVES!
• WEAR PROTECTIVE GOGGLES!
• WEAR A PROTECTIVE APRON!
• If you get the stuff on you, wash with LOTS of COOL WATER for at least ten minutes.
• If it gets on your clothes, IMMEDIATELY take them off and wash in LOTS of WATER then launder before wearing again.
• If the stuff causes a reaction on your skin (itching, burning, rash, etc.) go to a doctor IMMEDIATELY!
• If it gets into your eyes, nose, mouth or other sensitive areas of your body, IMMEDIATELY wash with with LOTS of COOL WATER for at least ten minutes then go to a doctor IMMEDIATELY!

The best way to dispose of potassium permanganate (at the household level) is to dilute with lots of water then put it down the drain to a municipal sewer system. (Not a septic tank.) Small amounts that you might encounter in a household situation can simply be flushed down the toilet. Potassium permanganate is used in municipal water and sewage treatment, anyhow. Technically, you'd be doing the city Sewer Department a favor. ;)

DO NOT allow potassium permanganate to mix with other chemicals, except water.
The things I mentioned above (peroxide and vinegar) are okay because they tend to deactivate potassium permanganate when used in small amounts, although you should be aware that even this reaction might cause the release of heat and oxygen gas. However, when we're dealing with small amounts of these substances, diluted with a large amount of water, you should not have to worry. Especially, do not allow potassium permanganate to mix with things like antifreze (glycol/glycerine) solutions or any kind of petroleum product. There is a small chance that a problem could occur if this happens. Even though that chance is small the amount of damage that can occur could be large. Extra precaution is warranted. Better safe than sorry. Right? ;)

Botton line:
Wear personal protection.
Clean up with lots of water.
Remove any stains with hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar.
Dispose small amounts down the sewer (not the septic tank) using lots of water to dilute.
Clean yourself and your clothes with lots of water and soap.
If you have any symptoms, go to a doctor.

FYI: I am an industrial chemical technician and I use potassium permangante as part of my job on a regular basis.
This is a summary of the things I do when I have to work with potassium permanganate.
Also it's good know it would take two teaspoons for a 10 pound cat. That makes me feel better. How accurate is that? Every time I Google cats and potassium Permanganate NOTHING POPS UP. only things about putting it on cats claws if bleeding

bleeding

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also it's good know it would take two teaspoons for a 10 pound cat. That makes me feel better. How accurate is that?
The toxicity level of potassium permanganate (KMnO4) comes from the published LD50 level.

"LD50" is the amount of a substance that it takes to cause morbidity/mortality in 50% of a group of test subjects. (Animals.) In most cases the test animal is a rat.

Scientists will administer increasing amounts of a substance to rats until half of the population gets sick and dies. The "LD" refers to "Lethal Dose." The number "50" refers to "50%." You can also say that "LD90" refers to the amount of a substance that it takes to make a lethal dose for 90% of the animals tested.

I know that it sounds cruel to use animals as test subjects that we know are going to die because of an experiment, even if it is something that many people find disagreeable as rats, but there isn't any other good way to know how toxic some substance is without using them. We can't use humans as test subjects. Rats were chosen because they are similar enough to humans and other animals to make a close estimation.

"LD" is calculated as the amount of some substance (KMnO4) per body weight in the test subject (rat) that it took to make a lethal dose. That is usually stated as grams per kilogram. (i.e. How many grams it took to make a lethal dose for a one kilogram subject.) For potassium cyanide the LD50 is around 3 mg. / 1 kg. That's pretty darned toxic! (3/1000 of a gram for every kilo!) A 200 pound human (90 kg.) would need 3 x 90 mg = 270 mg of potassium cyanide to have a 50% chance of dying. That's approximately the size of an aspirin tablet! For KMnO4, the LD50 is approximately 1,000 mg. / 1 kg. That means that it would take more than 300 times the amount of KMnO4 to make a lethal dose as compared to cyanide. If you compared that to sodium chloride (table salt) the LD50 would be 3,000 mg. / 1 kg. That means that it takes three times the amount of salt to make a lethal dose compared to KMnO4 and almost 1,000 times compared to cyanide.

Now you can see why I said that potassium permanganate is toxic but it's not as deadly as other things.

Once you know the relative toxicities of certain substances, all you need to know is some Eighth Grade algebra. It's a lot easier to make rational decisions when you have the right information.

You were smart to download the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product in question. That's exactly what we do at work. We have notebooks filled with MSDS sheets for every substance that we use. Even for things as mundane as hand soap or window cleaner. That way, if there is any question about some chemical that's used in the shop, all we have to do is go look it up to find out how dangerous it is or what do do in case of accident.

This is why I knew about KMnO4, pretty much, off the top of my head. We use it at work to treat waste water before it goes down the drain into the municipal sewers.

I downloaded the MSDS for the air cleaner pellets that you spilled. I read the information and it's pretty much what we have already talked about. From what I have read, the stuff inside that cartridge isn't actually pure potassium permanganate. It only comes out to about 5%. The rest is made up of activated charcoal and aluminum oxide which are both, more or less, chemically inert.

You can just sweep up your spilled pellets, seal them in a plastic bag then put them into the trash. If there is any pink or purple residue left behind, you can clean it up with water. If you find any pink or purple stains, you can probably clean them up using the trick with hydrogen peroxide I mentioned. Consider that to be "insider information" if you like. I only know that because of my work.

I have had both of my hands stained, dark purple, up to my wrists because of KMnO4!
Normally, that would have been a long-lasting stain and I would have had to walk around with purple hands for days!
I used hydrogen peroxide (another chemical we regularly use at work) to remove the stains in just a few minutes.

Don't forget this... The concentration of permanganate in the pellets you spilled was only 5% of the total weight. That is the same as 1/20th. When I said that it would take so many teaspoons full of KMnO4 to make your cat sick, I was talking about PURE potassium permanganate. Since the stuff inside that cartridge was such a small amount it would take twenty times that amount to have an effect. If the amount of pure KMnO4 to make a cat sick was 2 teaspoons full, twenty times that would be 40 teaspoons! That's a little bit less than half a cup! (U.S. measure)

If you have cleaned up well enough that you can't see any pink or purple stains there will be such a minuscule amount of permanganate left that you can consider it harmless. If you do see any pink spots, just clean them up until you can't see any color and you'll be good.

I think you, pretty much, did everything right. You cleaned everything up, reasonably well. You disposed of things in the best manner that you had available. It might have been a big mess but you dealt with it.

I think you should be okay, now. :)

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The toxicity level of potassium permanganate (KMnO4) comes from the published LD50 level.

"LD50" is the amount of a substance that it takes to cause morbidity/mortality in 50% of a group of test subjects. (Animals.) In most cases the test animal is a rat.

Scientists will administer increasing amounts of a substance to rats until half of the population gets sick and dies. The "LD" refers to "Lethal Dose." The number "50" refers to "50%." You can also say that "LD90" refers to the amount of a substance that it takes to make a lethal dose for 90% of the animals tested.

I know that it sounds cruel to use animals as test subjects that we know are going to die because of an experiment, even if it is something that many people find disagreeable as rats, but there isn't any other good way to know how toxic some substance is without using them. We can't use humans as test subjects. Rats were chosen because they are similar enough to humans and other animals to make a close estimation.

"LD" is calculated as the amount of some substance (KMnO4) per body weight in the test subject (rat) that it took to make a lethal dose. That is usually stated as grams per kilogram. (i.e. How many grams it took to make a lethal dose for a one kilogram subject.) For potassium cyanide the LD50 is around 3 mg. / 1 kg. That's pretty darned toxic! (3/1000 of a gram for every kilo!) A 200 pound human (90 kg.) would need 3 x 90 mg = 270 mg of potassium cyanide to have a 50% chance of dying. That's approximately the size of an aspirin tablet! For KMnO4, the LD50 is approximately 1,000 mg. / 1 kg. That means that it would take more than 300 times the amount of KMnO4 to make a lethal dose as compared to cyanide. If you compared that to sodium chloride (table salt) the LD50 would be 3,000 mg. / 1 kg. That means that it takes three times the amount of salt to make a lethal dose compared to KMnO4 and almost 1,000 times compared to cyanide.

Now you can see why I said that potassium permanganate is toxic but it's not as deadly as other things.

Once you know the relative toxicities of certain substances, all you need to know is some Eighth Grade algebra. It's a lot easier to make rational decisions when you have the right information.

You were smart to download the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product in question. That's exactly what we do at work. We have notebooks filled with MSDS sheets for every substance that we use. Even for things as mundane as hand soap or window cleaner. That way, if there is any question about some chemical that's used in the shop, all we have to do is go look it up to find out how dangerous it is or what do do in case of accident.

This is why I knew about KMnO4, pretty much, off the top of my head. We use it at work to treat waste water before it goes down the drain into the municipal sewers.

I downloaded the MSDS for the air cleaner pellets that you spilled. I read the information and it's pretty much what we have already talked about. From what I have read, the stuff inside that cartridge isn't actually pure potassium permanganate. It only comes out to about 5%. The rest is made up of activated charcoal and aluminum oxide which are both, more or less, chemically inert.

You can just sweep up your spilled pellets, seal them in a plastic bag then put them into the trash. If there is any pink or purple residue left behind, you can clean it up with water. If you find any pink or purple stains, you can probably clean them up using the trick with hydrogen peroxide I mentioned. Consider that to be "insider information" if you like. I only know that because of my work.

I have had both of my hands stained, dark purple, up to my wrists because of KMnO4!
Normally, that would have been a long-lasting stain and I would have had to walk around with purple hands for days!
I used hydrogen peroxide (another chemical we regularly use at work) to remove the stains in just a few minutes.

Don't forget this... The concentration of permanganate in the pellets you spilled was only 5% of the total weight. That is the same as 1/20th. When I said that it would take so many teaspoons full of KMnO4 to make your cat sick, I was talking about PURE potassium permanganate. Since the stuff inside that cartridge was such a small amount it would take twenty times that amount to have an effect. If the amount of pure KMnO4 to make a cat sick was 2 teaspoons full, twenty times that would be 40 teaspoons! That's a little bit less than half a cup! (U.S. measure)

If you have cleaned up well enough that you can't see any pink or purple stains there will be such a minuscule amount of permanganate left that you can consider it harmless. If you do see any pink spots, just clean them up until you can't see any color and you'll be good.

I think you, pretty much, did everything right. You cleaned everything up, reasonably well. You disposed of things in the best manner that you had available. It might have been a big mess but you dealt with it.

I think you should be okay, now. :)
Thanks for the reply. Sorry to bother you again but I have another question. Inside the filters there was black and pink pellets. I'm assuming the black was carbon pellets and the other potassium Permanganate. There I don't believe the percentages account for each pellet but what's inside the filters as a whole. Therefore I believe the pink pellets actually account for more than 5 percent with the inclusion of water and alumina oxide. And the other carbon and alumina pellets. I maybe looking too much into it lol

Also another thing I'm worried about is when you mentioned the dust. Was the vaccumming a bad idea. I feel like when I vaccummed the pellets all the dust was exhausted from the vaccuum since it doesn't have a hepa filters. Proabbaly at a minimum since there wasn't alot. It does have a regular filter although it's not HEPA and I haven't cleaned it in a year. Thanks again

Last edited:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pellets in the air filter are probably made up of activated carbon (charcoal) and granules of aluminum oxide mixed with potassium permanganate. They might have simply coated the pellets with the KMnO4.

When the company reports the percentages of ingredients in a MSDS it would be illegal if they changed the formula of the product but didn't publish the new information. Misrepresentation like that could cost the company millions in fines.
Notice that the MSDS says "<= 5%." (Less than or equal to five percent.) The actual amount could be less than 5%.

Personally, I wouldn't have vacuumed. I would have used a broom and dust pan. However, at the small amounts you are talking about, it probably doesn't make a difference. HEPA filters are nice but not necessarily needed.

In my work, we used 100 lb. drums full of the stuff. Here, you're only talking about, maybe, a couple-few grams.
I told you, before, that I have been covered with the stuff and that I took measures to clean it up and I turned out okay.
You got a few, tiny pellets of the stuff on the floor.

You're not dealing with nuclear waste!

If you can't see any pink stains, there isn't enough KMnO4 to be harmful.
If it takes two tablespoons of the stuff to make you sick but there is only one particle the size of a grain of sand, there isn't going to be enough to amount to a hill of beans. It's nothing to worry about. If there are any particles, you'll likely get them the next time you clean up.

Let me be blunt... Don't go around inventing reasons to be worried. It's not good for you.

You had a problem. You solved it. There's nothing to worry about, now. It's time to move on. :)

Last edited:

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The pellets in the air filter are probably made up of activated carbon (charcoal) and granules of aluminum oxide mixed with potassium permanganate. They might have simply coated the pellets with the KMnO4.

When the company reports the percentages of ingredients in a MSDS it would be illegal if they changed the formula of the product but didn't publish the new information. Misrepresentation like that could cost the company millions in fines.
Notice that the MSDS says "<= 5%." (Less than or equal to five percent.) The actual amount could be less than 5%.

Personally, I wouldn't have vacuumed. I would have used a broom and dust pan. However, at the small amounts you are talking about, it probably doesn't make a difference. HEPA filters are nice but not necessarily needed.

In my work, we used 100 lb. drums full of the stuff. Here, you're only talking about, maybe, a couple-few grams.
I told you, before, that I have been covered with the stuff and that I took measures to clean it up and I turned out okay.
You got a few, tiny pellets of the stuff on the floor.

You're not dealing with nuclear waste!

If you can't see any pink stains, there isn't enough KMnO4 to be harmful.
If it takes two tablespoons of the stuff to make you sick but there is only one particle the size of a grain of sand, there isn't going to be enough to amount to a hill of beans. It's nothing to worry about. If there are any particles, you'll likely get them the next time you clean up.

Let me be blunt... Don't go around inventing reasons to be worried. It's not good for you.

You had a problem. You solved it. There's nothing to worry about, now. It's time to move on. :)
Ahh I see what your saying. I was just confused because the cartdrges is filled with both purple and black pellets so infiguered the percentages is based on the whole filter so the percentages would be different for each pellet. Lol thanks so much. I know I can be a bit much. I really do have OCD. I was diagnosed with it a few years ago and it's the real deal. It's a huge curse. I drive my family crazy with it and people onlike. So forgive me for repeating questions and such. Although I do have one more and I promise it's the last. If and only if there was some left does it decompose over time? When exposed to air and light in my apartment. Since your very knowledgeable ok the subject I will take advantage of that. Thanks and I promise no more after this.

Last edited:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand. :)

The problem with OCD is that it feeds on itself.

There comes a time, even when you have OCD, that you have to say to yourself, "Enough."

I know that it's hard. I have had bad days like that, too.
I, once, put myself into the hospital from too much worry and stress.

If you don't teach yourself how to say, "Enough is enough," you'll spiral out of control.

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand. :)

The problem with OCD is that it feeds on itself.

There comes a time, even when you have OCD, that you have to say to yourself, "Enough."

I know that it's hard. I have had bad days like that, too.
I, once, put myself into the hospital from too much worry and stress.

If you don't teach yourself how to say, "Enough is enough," you'll spiral out of control.
Yeah I know it really is tough. It can manifest into different things. If it's not one thing it's another.

I am glad tho that I read how potassium Permanganate decomposes after awhile which makes me feel better. What does it actually decompose to? I'm just chemically curious. One advantage of OCD you become knowledgeable in alot of different subjects because you are constantly reading and educating yourself

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If and only if there was some left does it decompose over time?
The msds might comment about that, not sure, ....oh, I just saw that you found the info you were looking for, good for you! ....and either way you could, if you wanted to, vacuum one more time and then dust again and that should take care of things :).

Hang in there!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does it actually decompose to? I'm just chemically curious.
It depends on the things that it reacts with and the conditions. Off the top of my head, I'd say that it decomposes to potassium hydroxide and manganese oxide.

One advantage [is that] you become knowledgeable in a lot of different subjects because you are constantly reading and educating yourself.
Yes! You are a natural autodidact! :)

When I tell people that I'm an autodidact, they often ask, "What's an autodidact?"

I tell them that an autodidact is a person who got a dictionary and looked up the word, "autodidact!"

:D :D :D :doh:

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It depends on the things that it reacts with and the conditions. Off the top of my head, I'd say that it decomposes to potassium hydroxide and manganese oxide.

Yes! You are a natural autodidact! :)

When I tell people that I'm an autodidact, they often ask, "What's an autodidact?"

I tell them that an autodidact is a person who got a dictionary and looked up the word, "autodidact!"

:D :D :D :doh:
Ahhh gotcha so wood furniture should release all the chemicals too because I heard they stain wood with potassium permaganate.

I also looked up autodidact lol

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could give you a whole book full of chemical formulas and equations but they would mean very little because if you can’t see it with your eyes there isn’t enough KMnO4 to make any difference.

I told you before that I have been elbows deep in the stuff and I’m still here to tell you about it. You are, proverbially, crawling around on your hands and knees with a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers, looking for specs of dust.

You have already done a thorough job of cleaning. There is no way on God’s green earth that there is enough of anything left to cause any harm.

If you really want to talk about hazardous chemicals, I’ll tell you about the time that I got sprayed with industrial grade sulfuric acid. I still have scars to prove it.

Your house is clean.

You have nothing to worry about. :)

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I could give you a whole book full of chemical formulas and equations but they would mean very little because if you can’t see it with your eyes there isn’t enough KMnO4 to make any difference.

I told you before that I have been elbows deep in the stuff and I’m still here to tell you about it. You are, proverbially, crawling around on your hands and knees with a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers, looking for specs of dust.

You have already done a thorough job of cleaning. There is no way on God’s green earth that there is enough of anything left to cause any harm.

If you really want to talk about hazardous chemicals, I’ll tell you about the time that I got sprayed with industrial grade sulfuric acid. I still have scars to prove it.

Your house is clean.

You have nothing to worry about. :)
Hey thanks for all the replies. I feel a lot better today. Yesterday was just a bad day. I even thought the dust went on my brand new TV and would burn holes into it like bleach would. Crazy right? OCD has that power. All and all I’m over it. Thanks again