Thinking of adopting...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... this gorgeous girl from Cat Adoption Team. Her name is Portia, she's four years old. I went out there today to see her, but the adoption counselors are only at the Petsmart stores on the weekends... I just need a local friend with a car to help me go get her.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/1...at-Sherwood-OR

If you note on her profile, the 'personality matching system' they use, I am in love with this system. You take a short quiz about what type of home you have, what qualities you're looking for, and it gives you one of the personality types... I love this! She's a 'Personal Assistant' which would be my second choice... first is Sidekick. But her eyes just got me. She's gorgeous. And her personality type is close enough for me to be happy.

I wanted to 'introduce' her to the gang here on TCS...

Amanda

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowza! Sweet face and gorgeous eyes! She looks sweet and gentle! Hope you can get her!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous girlie, I hope she comes home with you this weekend!.

I wanna take the quiz, how do you get to it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

She looks like my
RB former foster, Bea.
Oh yeah! I loved Bea... I love dilute torties... I told my friend I used to volunteer with at the shelter that I want to adopt this girl... and she laughed, "you and you're dilute tortie thing"

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Holy white cats!
Yeah... there's a few there... they're an awesome rescue. The people there are great, the cats are so well cared for. I just wish they weren't so hard to get to. Their place is in Sherwood, and nowhere near a bus line (I don't think... only the 12 goes out there, and doesn't go down that road). They have cats in most of the local Petsmart stores... The one where Portia is has only three cats, and mostly empty cages... all ready for new cats. There's a total of 7 or 9 cages... the odd number because of the one bigger enclosure... There was a black older kitten in that one, and a big old tabby male above Portia. I think she's gotten bored of being in that enclosure... she wasn't active much. she did put her paw up to my hand once, then tried going for the drawstring from my hoodie when I dangled it in front of her. I wish a volunteer had been there...

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you only adopt when a volunteer is there?

Portia is a beauty!!

Hope you are able to bring her home this weekend!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can't find someone to get you there today or this weekend, I'd call them and let them know you're interested. I'm sure they'd make arrangements for someone to meet you there when you can find a ride.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OT,

C.A.T. must have plenty of volunteers because they never got back to me about volunteering when I lived there.