Things That Make You Laugh Out Loud

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure we all have things that make us laugh out loud.
Just name something that amuses you, No a-z necessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mo Howards's hair :flail:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Misunderstandings due to false language interpretations between people of different nationalities. When I first arrived in England in 1948 I heard somebody say "we are having an early spring there is a ladybird in the garden". Thinking she was referring to a bird I asked: "how do you know it is a lady? I couldn't understand why they laughed so much and they never let me forget my blunder during the next 10 years I lived in England.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Misunderstandings due to false language interpretations between people of different nationalities. When I first arrived in England in 1948 I heard somebody say "we are having an early spring there is a ladybird in the garden". Thinking she was referring to a bird I asked: "how do you know it is a lady? I couldn't understand why they laughed so much and they never let me forget my blunder during the next 10 years I lived in England.
Tell us what ladybird mean, Drina.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia, in England "a ladybird" is a small brightly coloured beetle (insect) marked with black spots.
Ah, what we call a ladybug in the U.S. :idea:

... Hearing young kids mispronounce words. Like bisketti for spaghetti.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
When I think of the episode where Laurel and Hardy joined the French Foreign Legion. :crackup:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seeing my chubby boy Dutch,(he's not fat, he's fluffy!) laying on his back, legs spread to the side wanting attention, I laugh every time!
Or my husband answeringing me as we're walking into a store after a long car trip, I always say " I have to go to the bathroom" and he always answers (and I always laugh out loud) "I don't, I'm going right now!"

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Farts.

I am incapable of not laughing out loud, uncontrollably, at farts.

:flail:
I'm with you on this. My nephews are all grown men, in their 30s and one is 41. They think nothing of letting one rip whenever and my eldest nephew could fuel a rocket with his. I always crack-up. :lol2::clap:

When I'm riding with my sister and she gets inpatient with other drivers. She rarely swears but when another driver does something she thinks is stupid or unsafe she uses every word in the book, including the F word. So funny to hear this stuff coming out of her mouth. :censored::yelling::angryfire::fuming:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Any episode of Trailer Park Boys.
I'm with you, except not too much at the newer seasons... Tho I do still giggle.
But those original ones, omg.
'Breeze' by Blain Morris is my ringtone. ;)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The word "infusion" in french means "tisane"
In 1976 living in South Africa when a lady guest refused coffee at our home my french husband Pierre asked her "Would you like an infusion, madam?" When very shocked she replied "I beg your pardon, sir?" I almost dropped the tray with the coffee cups I was holding standing by them and had to rush back to the kitchen I was laughing so much.

Our guests that evening were not close friends but people we were expected to receive now and then since my husband was representing his company in
South Africa. Had she being a close friend the misunderstanding would have been less embarrassing.

PS. The word "infusion" was interpreted by the lady in question as "enema"

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with you, except not too much at the newer seasons... Tho I do still giggle.
But those original ones, omg.
'Breeze' by Blain Morris is my ringtone. ;)
I agree. The older seasons are better but the newer ones are still good. RIP John Dunsworth. :sniffle:

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The word "infusion" in french means "tisane"
In 1976 living in South Africa when a lady guest refused coffee at our home my french husband Pierre asked her "Would you like an infusion, madam?" When very shocked she replied "I beg your pardon, sir?" I almost dropped the tray with the coffee cups I was holding standing by them and had to rush back to the kitchen I was laughing so much.

Our guests that evening were not close friends but people we were expected to receive now and then since my husband was representing his company in
South Africa.

PS. The word "infusion" was interpreted by the lady in question as "enema"
HA!!!! I'll bet she thought why is he asking me THAT??

Gosh Drina, where haven't you lived?? You've really seen the world.

Whenever I think of the commercial from the 80s, "Where's the beef?"

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes Mia, I have been around quite a bit but not since december 2010 when I returned to Uruguay.

Another anecdote on misunderstandings from language translations comes to my mind regarding a Spanish lady I knew while living in Australia. She was very hurt one day because she thought her young daughter had insulted her callling her "basura" (filth). She was in fact translating from the word "rubbish" the youngster had used just to disagree with her mother's opinion on her australian friends.

I have always found these language misunderstandings more amusing than ordinary jokes.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
When the Vincie girl smacks Callie. She is 18 and a half but is the boss. Callie is about 20 pounds and Vincie about 8. The smack is more of a love smack, claws closed.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When one of the cats will drag something large through the house. Until recently, it was just wand toys. That was pretty funny as the stick would be banging into furniture along the way. Now Buddy has taken to dragging a large motorized toy everwhere. He's like Linus with his blue blanket!:lol: It cracks me up every time.:biggrin:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sombra makes me laugh when she hides ready to pounce on an imaginary prey that she expects me to provide running on the floor hanging from a wand. As soon as she catches it she runs back to the hiding place ready to repeat the "hunt". Just now she is recovering from a bad cold but normally she will "hunt" non stop until I am exhausted.