Things I bought... and loved

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat tree... Soon after we updated our entire living room furniture, we got Boone and Gracie. I didn't want them clawing up the new furniture and ruining it so I bought a small cat tree since they were so tiny. As they got bigger, I got them a tall one and placed it by the sliding glass door so they could watch what was happening in the backyard. They love to run around the living room and then chase each other up and down the cat tree. Also love sleeping on the top two tiers.

Felt mice... We call them Gracie's babies. She will carry them around the house or bat them across the tiled floor. She also disciplines them. When they don't do what she wants, she will either drop them into my husband's stinky shoes or into the water bowl. Boone likes to grab one of the mice just to send Gracie into a panic.

Tunnel... Boone and Gracie got a tunnel for Christmas. They instantly loved it and thought it was the greatest thing ever. But in true Gracie fashion, she has claimed it as hers and gets annoyed if Boone goes in it. They will chase each other through the tunnel for hours. Gracie even slept in it a few times.

Litter mat... Best money spent!! It traps all the litter that gets kicked out of the box. No more litter embedded into the carpet ( or not nearly as much as before). When I change the litter, I just pick up the mat and shake what is on it back into the litter box before tossing all of it. Now it doesn't sound like I am vacuuming up the beach anymore.

Hamper/Ironing board combo... While I didn't buy this specifically for the cats, it has become one of their favorite spots. A lot of the pictures I post are of them lounging on it or looking out my bedroom window on it. So much more room than the window sills ( and that comes in handy for Boone as he isn't a small boy).

What are some things you bought and absolutely love and your cats do too??

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats loved the cat tree - immediately. We have two now.

Little corkscrew things from dollar store - they LOVE them! Also the popup cat tents and cubes.

Cat dancer - I've bought this toy for years for multiple cats, always a winner!

Laser light - we always had a hand held one but bought this one - they love it. There are different kinds you can get.
SCM06302CA

Cat lounger - it's placed by the window and they lay on it and use as a scratcher (they are on it in my pic)
ref=sr_1_6

This thing! My one cat is obsessed with it and will play with it for hours. It goes through batteries like I don't know what!

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cat trees. They just love them. The tall one i bought last week has been wonder for entertaining my cats. The old one isn't abandoned too.

I thought of buying litter mat but i have no carpeting and i have robot vacuum that automatically cleans, so i figured it will just be obsolete.

Furminator brush. Really help with shedding and Rivel's hairball is reducing from once or sometines twice a month to once every 2 months or so (but i only had her 7 months so maybe not enough data for concrete conclusion) it's a lot pricier than regular brushes but it works.

Human memory foam pillows. My cats prefer this than actual cat beds i have 2 now in different spots and both love it. (Might worth a try for you all who have to toss or give away cat beds) worst case scenario you can use it for yourself either as sleeping pillow or just sofa / chair cushion becuase imo it's a lot more comfy than feather or dacron.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No rinse shampoo. I used it on Teddy's back yesterday because he gets bad dandruff in the winter. After one use I've noticed significantly less today. He had no issue with application either, especially since I scratched his back to massage it in. Smelled like clean laundry, but extremely subtle and then the scent faded quickly.

Jackson Galaxy enzyme cleaner. Used it to clean their litter box. Worked miracles and I'm sure the boys were happy their box no longer smelled like it was dirty even when it wasn't. I loved how it smelled like clean laundry at first and then smelled like nothing.

I didn't buy it, but my mom got me this super plush blanket for Christmas and my boys have been obsessed ever since.

Elevated Cat hammock from chewy (or Amazon. Doesn't matter where you get it). It's finny's favorite afternoon napping spot.

Yeowww! Catnip banana. Not sure what it is about this particular toy. I've tried many from the brand, and still have them, but my boys have gone through four bananas.

CoolCyberCats' toys. Teddy is obsessed with them. They're made with real animal fur, like Rabbit and Buffalo, and I guess they look pretty real to him because I have never seen him go after a toy like he does those things. He'll also carry them around once he catches them. I've seen him catch real mice and his behavior is identical.

Chiwava foam balls. Only balls they'll play with. Don't know why but hey it gets them moving.

That turbo ball circle with the scratcher in the middle. Finny loves it.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After thinking about things I have "bought and loved", I realize how lucky i am and that almost all of them were intentionally purchased for the cats or became items associated with the cats.

Here are a few:

Bird feeders. I now have two in the yard. They are high enough from the ground that the cats cant reach them. The feeders bring endlessbirds into the yard and provide hours and hours of pleasure for the cats. You can just see greg "hiding". Probably should have used that pic for the camouflage contest.

Loungers. Bought them used years ago for my wife and me. Greg and arnold seem to love them.

My leather corbusier lounger. I bought it about 18 years ago to celebrate a milestone. Every night arnold lies on it and and watches tv with us. Its his favorite piece of furniture....second only to his "cat condo". This was purchased from a gagrage sale.

The fenced in yard for the cats. The boys and i have spent hundreds of hours out there. It enriches their lives, give them exercise and forces me to stop and relax.

A simple concrete step. And it was free. It was to be the last piece in a patio stone walkway, but before I could plut it in place the boys decided it would be a perfect throne for them to survey their kingdom. And so it was never laid and has remained in place just for them.

Ping pong balls. Sorry no pics, greg moves too quickly. A box of ping pong balls in a steel bath tub.....wow what fun!!!!!!

Installing 2 full length glass doors. These let the boys see outside as they pass by. I love seeing the wet nose marks on the glass, knowing they have been peering outside at the wildlife.

And the latest addition. A water fountain. It brings birds, chipmunks and squirrels to drink, providing entertainment for the boys and has a peaceful waterfall sound for me.

But the greatest "things" I have "bought" and love are by far greg and arnold. Greg and Arnold were given to us for free by a very kind family who were leaving the country.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not cat related but this has become my newest favorite thing. Before I had a regular napkin holder and it was always the same problem. If you fill it up, you risk pulling a bunch of napkins instead of just one. Or if you only half fill it, the napkin don't stay put and look messy. This takes care of the problem. You don't even have to lift up the bar. Just pull the napkin and it slides out and the rest stay put.
20210529_093244.jpg

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After thinking about things I have "bought and loved", I realize how lucky i am and that almost all of them were intentionally purchased for the cats or became items associated with the cats.

Here are a few:

Bird feeders. I now have two in the yard. They are high enough from the ground that the cats cant reach them. The feeders bring endlessbirds into the yard and provide hours and hours of pleasure for the cats. You can just see greg "hiding". Probably should have used that pic for the camouflage contest.

Loungers. Bought them used years ago for my wife and me. Greg and arnold seem to love them.

My leather corbusier lounger. I bought it about 18 years ago to celebrate a milestone. Every night arnold lies on it and and watches tv with us. Its his favorite piece of furniture....second only to his "cat condo". This was purchased from a gagrage sale.

The fenced in yard for the cats. The boys and i have spent hundreds of hours out there. It enriches their lives, give them exercise and forces me to stop and relax.

A simple concrete step. And it was free. It was to be the last piece in a patio stone walkway, but before I could plut it in place the boys decided it would be a perfect throne for them to survey their kingdom. And so it was never laid and has remained in place just for them.

Ping pong balls. Sorry no pics, greg moves too quickly. A box of ping pong balls in a steel bath tub.....wow what fun!!!!!!

Installing 2 full length glass doors. These let the boys see outside as they pass by. I love seeing the wet nose marks on the glass, knowing they have been peering outside at the wildlife.

And the latest addition. A water fountain. It brings birds, chipmunks and squirrels to drink, providing entertainment for the boys and has a peaceful waterfall sound for me.

But the greatest "things" I have "bought" and love are by far greg and arnold. Greg and Arnold were given to us for free by a very kind family who were leaving the country.
Your babies are beautiful! Everything you described is how I’d like to live one day, especially the enclosed backyard for the kitties. One of life’s most relaxing thing is to see your cats enjoy a safe, outdoors private area in your home!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new favorite cat tool! I want a Chom Chom pet roller but thought it was too much to spend. Found a knock off and bought it. It is from Mozy Pets. It works great at getting up cat hair with very little effort.
20211010_083422.jpg
20211010_083303.jpg
20211010_083400.jpg
20211010_083246.jpg
20211010_082246.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love every one of the cat beds (6 in all) that I got for Gayla. And she uses them all! 3 of them are all the same kind (seems to be her favorite), and 3 of them are each different.
View attachment 398560View attachment 398561View attachment 398562
In the last year, I bought a total of 4 cats beds. I only have one left and it's being used as a cat toy box. Boone and Gracie would much rather lay in their cat trees, the floor, the back of the couch, or on our beds than lay in an actual cat bed.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My new favorite cat tool! I want a Chom Chom pet roller but thought it was too much to spend. Found a knock off and bought it. It is from Mozy Pets. It works great at getting up cat hair with very little effort.
View attachment 398076View attachment 398077View attachment 398078View attachment 398079View attachment 398080
Amazing! I've been wanting to get one like this for ages. I hate the ones that just have sticky adhesives on it. I go through so much of it and I feel awful about all the plastic trash I produce with it going rolls per month.
This looks great! Where did you get it from?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazing! I've been wanting to get one like this for ages. I hate the ones that just have sticky adhesives on it. I go through so much of it and I feel awful about all the plastic trash I produce with it going rolls per month.
This looks great! Where did you get it from?
Amazon. It was less than $20.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got this retractable back scratcher from my friend, and now it doubles as cat massager

PXL_20211025_050141058.jpg

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the really tall 6 foot plus cat tree that i wanted for graycie before we adopted her instead we have 3 other smaller less space taking ones:rolleyes: gf insisted on getting"cause she didnt want clutter or big tree taking up space":lol:she could save herself much stress just doing things my way now and then.(she ended with clutter still by wanting her way):lol:but graycie uses all the trees still though so all is good

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Forgot what I was going to say..
Old age does this..
Thought longingly about a cat tree at one time. But they have the real thing outside and as another poster has said they sleep anywhere and ignore the old dog bed enticingly set with hand knitted blankets
Top of ,my good buys is the microwave.
Have a mini oven on order. Using the big gas oven for small things I bake... Will let you know