Thin White Circle On One Of Kittens Eye?

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This just happened I just glanced other day one of kitten"s eyes has a smokey white see through film a circle on pupil kitten is 3-4 months old, have not taken to vets yet, I called and of course no info until seen, kitten acts normal, you mostly don't see it need to look for it, was reading about herpes how if a kitten is stressed eye problems could be a result? had to crate 2 of them for a few hours other day totally unnatural for them. Hoping a young kitten wouldn't have glaucoma or anything suddenly? Anyone else experienced this? The eye is totally fine clean etc no visible injuries.

Last edited:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure, but you really don't want to mess around with eyes. They are long overdo for starting their kitten vaccine series so get them in asap and have that addressed.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I can't honestly say I remember ever reading about something like this before. Is it still there or was this a one time only thing where you saw it? I know with humans, sometimes we get a little film in our eyes and just be blinking it will go away, but cats really don't blink that often. Just wondering, though, if maybe it was the same type thing and went away when he/she blinked or closed their eyes to sleep.

Yes, it's true that many cats have Herpes and it can effect their eyes, but never heard of it doing that. Usually they will "weep".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for quick replies :bouquet:
Honestly this had me SO worried, took many Close up pictures today and Nothing, it seems perfectly fine, :clap2: no film nothing? So perhaps a slight something that cleared up? At first I thought it was just light reflection but normally we expect colors that's when I noticed very slight white cloud. Will monitor it closely now...looks totally normal.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my :loveeyes:! Look at those gorgeous blue eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is it! This is not normal!

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since it seems to come and go, I'd get her in to see the Vet while it's there. That picture is a little blurry, and honestly looks like it could be a light reflecting, so I think you actually need to take her in versus showing the picture to your Vet.