They're making me feel guilty...

myste

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've switched to a new brand of food, and I've been feeding them the recommended amount, 1/2 cup per day. The problem is that my babies are starving! Their food is gone 2 hrs after I put it down, and they are always bugging us for food! They get a pouch of wet food in the evenings, but during the day, they're driving us nuts! I do feed Jorin a few veggies, especially mushrooms, cucumbers, and broccoli, but Tiger won't touch these.

lhezzza

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are your babies?!?!?

From what I've heard, kittens should always have dry food around and fresh clean water........

Maybe someone can confirm this?!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats should be able to eat small amounts throughout the day. If you don't like to free feed, they should get the recomended portion split into at least 3 feedings a day. It's not healthy for them to only eat once a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myste

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been free-feeding up until recently, but Jorin's getting to be fat, and I've switched to a premium food. I'll try breaking their food into 3 servings, instead of one. By the way, are vegetables safe for cats? I know onions and garlic (and I assume radishes) aren't, but is everything else?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are safer not to experiment with different foods. Cats are carnivores for a reason and Nature has equipped them with ways to deal with meat. You should be feeding several times a day, not just once, as Sandie has already said.