They walk in on me when I pee!

marycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two cats do this too but not just when I'm using the toilet but when I am having a bath as well. I just leave the door ajar so they can come in.
Abby will get up on the edge of the tub and sit there while I bathe and Callie will lay on the bathmat. She'll also lick the water that might happen to run down the side of the tub. If I shut the door they will scratch to get in so why bother closing the door.

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

Question - anyone else have a cat that simply must sit on your lap while you're, ah, reading in the lavatory?
Yes! Poppet is crazy for this... every morning, without fail, when I go to do my, uh, morning business, she's there, trying to get on my lap - I let her once, and she dug her claws into my bare thigh on the way up, so she gets put down now. If you shower, she also has to be there, licking the shower curtain, and you often get company if you bath too. Has surprised a few of my friends when they don't close the door properly and she barges right on in!

Snowy on the other hand, couldn't care less... going to the bathroom would require moving off her couch!

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Danny is also a fairly regular visitor into the bathroom. He doesn't come every time, but when he does, his purr is the loudest I've ever heard.