They met

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Cookie (new cat) vs spooky cookie is hissing at spooky. But their is no fighting I'm supervising this meeting but how long does this go on cookie follows spooky around hissing at her should I bring spooky back into her room I need some tips I just don't want her to be scared of cookie and cookie is taking stuff out on sandwich she's all namstay trying to keep the peace between both girls. It's like a episode of Jerry springer

flybear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
keep visits short and positive ... I wouldn't even let them have much direct contact until they can be comfortable with a door in between, then a gate they can see through or with one in a playpen ... watch their body language ... It can take a few days, weeks, month or it might never be completely harmonic ... Cats seem to sometimes like each other, other times tolerate each other and some cats might not get along . Watching cats social structure is fascinating to me ... My primary concern when we have a rescue or foster ... are always my resident cats ... keep them happy - the new one will usually adjust - if my cats get stressed they deserve a break ... as long as it takes to have everyone mostly relaxed and happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Right now I have like something blocking the way of my door so I can keep my door open and cookies mom is not happy about this but it needs to happen She's like your cat never comes out of your room Will now she's gonna I'm gonna try to get her out my room but when she's out in the living room she hides but she does come out after awhile I only do it when I'm the only one home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
But I wanna know is that Sammy Is getting attacked should I keep her away until cookie gets along with spooky and it's not helping spooky is seeing her big sister Sammy jumping over the barricade now she wants to try