They Left :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of all the strays and ferals Shadow is the only one that goes for months and then comes back. Although my neighborhood is a bit different as there are at least (if not more) then 10 colonies with caretakers in a 16 block radius because of 80 plus TNRd cats due to a hoarding situation so I suspect that some of the cats I started caring for have decided to visit old friends as well as test the smorgasbord. Maybe that's what is happening in your case as well? We have good neighbors, somewhat, that will mention on Next Door if they find a sick or dead animal although no one reveals location of their colonies for the safety of the cats.

Last year Shadow disappeared in mid May and returned first of November. Ambrose disappeared a year ago but I have since learned that someone took a liking to him and gave him a home inside. That could also be a possibility and to be honest, as much as I love my little colony, I would rather the cats have homes (either with me or someone else who is responsible) then living outside. Check websites to your local shelters; post in Paw Boost (they don't care if feral or not), ask on Next Door. Hope this helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your advice!
I have little doubt that that is the case with Mona, who was much more wild than Pants, as she has yet to come back, and we do have neighbors who provide food. However, Pants has since returned to eat every single night. Thank you very much for your help, though! 🤗

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pants and Eden ahve been hanging around- Pants is starting to come before the sun sets, and Eden is pretty much hanging out in the backyard throughout the entire day.
Here are some pics from the other day:

Eden had just finished eating her dinner and was resting on the cat tree:

Pants wasn't fond of having his picture taking. He was too preoccupied with sniffing it:

:lol:

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Eden definitely isn’t feral, as ferals don’t meow (or come around so quickly!).

Likely a lost or abandoned pet who just lucked out by finding you :)

Make sure to have her spayed as soon as possible, or your backyard cat collection will triple in no time!

Keeping fingers crossed that Mona shows up. Have you bought any cameras yet?

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eden definitely isn’t feral, as ferals don’t meow (or come around so quickly!).

Likely a lost or abandoned pet who just lucked out by finding you :)

Make sure to have her spayed as soon as possible, or your backyard cat collection will triple in no time!

Keeping fingers crossed that Mona shows up. Have you bought any cameras yet?
She definitely isn't- She at first was standoffish, but within a few days, she was super sweet... She's the most demanding cat I've ever met when it comes to being pet! She reminds me of my Bella :)
Yes, we are definitely going to get her spayed!! I feel so bad saying this, but no, we haven't bought any cameras! So sorry! We're looking into setting up an old camera we have or possibly getting new ones.