They Escaped From The Smoke & Flames, But Now........

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:gaah:April's Rescue has had a devastating loss! April & her teen kids managed to get everyone out safely - but their home is gone. That includes all the rescue supplies: crates, blankets, cat beds, kitten bottles and formula, supplements, oh, even the Miracle Nipples (we really struggled to afford those) and other sundry items used for fostering bottle babies and pregnant/post-partum moms & neonates. If anyone has ideas on how to do a comeback from this, please let me know. April has created a GoFundMe to help get into a new home, where her focus needs to be, but kitten season in southern rural GA starts early so I hope to help her out with the rescue side of things. I am really lousy at this sort of thing (not to mention being across the country in an area of CA where the nearest WalMart is 120 miles away) so any and all ideas are appreciated.
This is the GoFundMe link (you can PM me about this or with private suggestions/questions):
Family House Fire Relief organized by April Carpenter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mentioning her plight and that she has a go fund me is a good start, bless you!
Thank you! Just hours earlier, we were rejoicing over her daughter's progress in taming a new "unadoptable" that they had just picked up that day, after the kitty's spay surgery. That poor cat - what a scary experience in living inside a home. I know that the kitty is staying with another foster but I haven't asked about how she is doing. But just look at how happy she was earlier - hard to believe that she was lashing out at everyone else, including April. 20200129_193644.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for asking! The people have found a place to rent but had to give up the bassett hound - it was tough deciding between the 2 dogs but the lab mix would have been too traumatized to lose her "mom" & the hound will have fun traipsing about the woods with an energetic young guy. The Siamese was rescued from the old property and he and the new feral kitty are with the other 2 cats in a relative's spare bedroom. Until the family can get furniture & are finished with the commotion of moving, the cats will stay where they are. The new feral kitty is bonding well with the other kitties so hopefully when socialization resumes, she will take her cues from the tame cats. The immediate need, from the pet perspective, is for cat food, dog food, litter and pet beds; right now, items can be ordered online for pickup at WalMart. I am not asking about upcoming kitten fostering until the family has had time to process what they have lost - the photos, the kids' school awards, mementos and heirlooms bequeathed by a precious grandma, favorite stuffed toys, etc. If anyone wants to consider helping, they can PM me for more information.