Thesis Project: How may we improve the wellbeing of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, everyone! I was wondering if anyone would like to be interviewed privately through 'conversations' here on TCS for my thesis project. Any and all experience with Alzheimer's disease is welcome and will help me greatly with my research.

My name is Shoshannah Meggie, I am an industrial design student at Humber ITAL, and I am inviting your participation in a research study on various problems that people living with Alzheimer’s disease deal with. These problems include memory loss, trouble communicating with others, wandering, and more. The results will be contributed to my Senior Level Thesis project.

This study is being conducted as an aid in designing a seamless in-home system that will give those suffering with Alzheimer’s disease a way to help improve their cognitive function without the assistance of a family member, friend, nurse, personal support worker, and/or caregiver. This study is primarily based on understanding ergonomics, human interaction design activities, and user experience aspects of the research area.

Every effort will be made to ensure confidentiality of any identifying information that is obtained during the study. Your participation in this study is completely voluntary and you may interrupt or end the study and the session at any time without giving a reason or fear of being penalized. If at any point during the session, you feel uncomfortable and wish to end your participation, please let me know and I will end your participation immediately.

This research project /course has been approved by the Humber Research Ethics Board.