These are my boys

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's one of many to come of my kittys. Newman is sticking out of the bag, cosmo is checking him out. Sure is neat to post pictures once you figure how to do it.

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitties love sacks too. I think they hook the handles on their necks on purpose and then chase each other with the bag for a parachute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by blondiecat
Awwwww
: I'm in love
Very handsome boys you have there.
Thanks!!
I do love my boys, there like my children to me I made a cat page on this site. 346 for newman and 347 for cosmo.

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
They are REALLY precious!!!
Thank you Sam, they keep me company.

sharper16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are adorable! What a great thing to find at Target, I'll have to stop there to see if I can get one too. LOL!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Subee
My kitties love sacks too. I think they hook the handles on their necks on purpose and then chase each other with the bag for a parachute!
In our household, we've learned that paper shopping bags with handles lie in wait for unsuspecting cats and chase them as far as the cat will run.

In one episode, our old Siamese, Nibs, chased by the bag, careened all over the house, ripping electrical plugs out of the wall and toppling all manner of things before hiding behind a bed, waiting for rescue.

In another, Cindy, took a similar tour of the house, while we weren't home, and hid out behind the chesterfield. She was missing at dinner time, at bedtime and at breakfast the next morning. It was only when Fawn approached the living room with her best moth-or-axe-murderer stare, that we checked once more, this time, pulling the chesterfield a little away from the wall -- whereupon, Miss Cindy rocketed out, once again chased by the bag. However, I saw the black blur, and realized what was up and where I'd find her, so went off to rescue her and console her.

With this kind of experience, we try to keep those bags where they can't jump on unsuspecting cats.

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had only one cat (she has crossed the bridge) who was afraid of sacks. And she had a similar experience of crashing around with the bag parachuting behind her.
I get the sack out during quality play time and watch them to make sure no one gets tangled unintentionally. Sadie and Baby deliberatly take the bag either by their mouth or running their heads through the handles. They know exactly what they are doing. It has been a great neutral playground when introducing a new cat member to another because the home kitty in the sack rustling is totally irresitable to the newcomer.

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't want ya all to think I leave the bags out. When we go shopping Newman likes to check out the goodies. We watch him, Newman likes us to pick him up in the bag and be carryed around. He just lays there,like its the normal Thing to do.....LOL.

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right! Sadie loves to be carried in the bag. She has a fun time and loves to punch holes in the bottom as she is carried (only a couple inches off the floor). She ends up wearing kitty pants with her legs out the bottom and her head out the top. It is hysterical! They love to make us laugh and I know they know they are being the entertainment!

Also after a grocery trip every bag is tossed into a pile on the floor and the cats explode the pile running and pouncing. They are my little clowns!

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww.They are adorable.
My Max LOVES bags,too.I don't leave mine out either.He just gets to play with them when I get home from the grocery store.