These are dumb questions, but....

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do I post links?  I used to know how to do that on my old computer, but now I have a Mac (I won't even tell you how long I've had it either!) and I have no clue.  I believe I have actually posted a link before but it was an accident and I forgot how.  
Help!  

How do I post double quotes?  I click on the "multi" button but then I don't know what else to do.  I can copy/paste at least.  I have a friend who made it her New Years resolution to learn how to do that, so, of course, she is no help to me in this.  

Thanks!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Here is how I post links.  There might be an easier way, but I don't know of it.  

1. click on the site to which you want to link

2. when it comes up,  select the URL in the address box up top.  This should involve a single click in the address box.

3.  select "copy" from the Edit pull down menu at the top of the browser

4.  go to your TCS post

5. select "paste" from the Edit pull down menu at the top of the browser.

6. your link should show up.  It doesn't show the Link highlight until you hit Submit on your post.

I've never used the multiquote option.  This is what I do.  

1.  I select "quote" from the desired post

2.  When it shows up in the box where I am writing, I comment if I have something to say,  or hit return

3.  I scroll back up to the next post I want and hit "quote" from that

4.  the second quote should then show up.

5.  repeat as necessary.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
To do the multi-quote, you just click the "Multi" icon on the bottom of every post you want to reply to, then when you are ready to type in your reply, click on the blue "Post a Repiy" icon just above the Reply box / bottom of last post, and all the quotes you chose will appear in the box. 

You can either just move your mouse between the quoted boxes and add your repies, or you can move your mouse up into the quote and delete anything you don't want to leave there, and then add your reply under the quote.

Hope that makes sense. 

edit to add:  And no such thing as dumb questions!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

To do the multi-quote, you just click the "Multi" icon on the bottom of every post you want to reply to, then when you are ready to type in your reply, click on the blue "Post a Repiy" icon just above the Reply box / bottom of last post, and all the quotes you chose will appear in the box. 

Ok it doesn't separate out like I've seen others do.  It just lets me reply right in the gray box!  <sigh> I am severely computer challenged.  

You can either just move your mouse between the quoted boxes and add your repies, or you can move your mouse up into the quote and delete anything you don't want to leave there, and then add your reply under the quote.

Hope that makes sense. 

thanks but I'm still not doing it right. :(

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here is how I post links.  There might be an easier way, but I don't know of it.  

2. when it comes up,  select the URL in the address box up top.  This should involve a single click in the address box.

4.  go to your TCS post

6. your link should show up.  It doesn't show the Link highlight until you hit Submit on your post.

2.  When it shows up in the box where I am writing, I comment if I have something to say,  or hit return

5.  repeat as necessary.

Hope this helps.
Ok I"m replaying like usual.  So far nothing looks different from before.  :(
OH!  I ddi something there! But there's nothing in the box.  Good heavens. Lemme see here.
Oh I did it again!  B

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way, ladies, the "multi" button doesn't seem to work for me.  

I just hit the multi button and nothing happened as you see here.  

Hope that makes sense. 

Ok now I just hit the quote button and got your entire quote.  

And no such thing as dumb questions!
Ok I think I just have to use the quote button to do multiple quotes because mine isn't working right.  
  I'm sure it's user error but I'm satisfied that I can do something now that I couldn't before.  Thank you ladies!

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I think I just have to use the quote button to do multiple quotes because mine isn't working right.  :bigwink:   I'm sure it's user error but I'm satisfied that I can do something now that I couldn't before.  Thank you ladies!
The multi-quote feature is a bit odd, I agree. To use it, I click the Multi button on everyone that I want to quote, and then when I'm ready to reply, I click QUOTE on the *last* post that I multi-ed.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Click the "multi" on all of the posts you want to quote, then click the blue "post a reply" button on the bottom left beneath the last post in the thread. :)

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

4.  go to your TCS post

5.  repeat as necessary.

Hope this helps.

Hope that makes sense. 

The multi-quote feature is a bit odd, I agree. To use it, I click the Multi button on everyone that I want to quote, and then when I'm ready to reply, I click QUOTE on the *last* post that I multi-ed.
Click the "multi" on all of the posts you want to quote, then click the blue "post a reply" button on the bottom left beneath the last post in the thread.
I DID IT!  YAY!  Boy do I feel dumb now!  That wasn't so hard after all.  Thank you.  Now on to practicing doing links. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh it did show up in blue!  Great.  I don't know why this didn't work for me a number of times before 
But at least it did now. Thanks for your help, everybody!  

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's showing up in blue now.  Links don't highlight until you hit Submit.  
Oh, I see now. Thank you!  I know I've done this before, but for me it doesn't always work for some reason!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Oh it did show up in blue!  Great.  I don't know why this didn't work for me a number of times before 
But at least it did now. Thanks for your help, everybody!  
If you hit "preview" before "submit" you'll see what your reply will look like, including links showing up in blue. Then you just hit "submit" when you're ready to post your reply.

Congrats on mastering the multi-quotes, btw.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you hit "preview" before "submit" you'll see what your reply will look like, including links showing up in blue. Then you just hit "submit" when you're ready to post your reply.

Congrats on mastering the multi-quotes, btw.
Ok I don't usually do that.  Good point.  Thanks!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

4.  go to your TCS post

5.  repeat as necessary.

Hope this helps.
[/quotexts-from-mittens

Did not understand a word. I'm on a phone and I don't know how to paste and if it's a brand new thread?