Thermometer For Adults?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can someone recommend a good, accurate thermometer for adults. I used to have a pretty good digital one, but it quit working. Now all I see at the drug stores are forehead ones for babies. I see a lot of different kinds on line for babies - adult, but I'd like some recommendations before I spend any more money on something that doesn't work as advertised.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks like they still make the Vicks speedread thermometer. That's what we have in the house although we've had them for quite a while. I don't know how good the new ones are...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just bought another oral thermometer. Nothing fancy; just the ReliOn brand from Walmart. Now that I look I see it has terrible reviews but it's worked fine for us. I also have one that does the forehead and in the ear that had good reviews when I got it (Proven brand). They are not "baby" specific and I've found it fairly accurate. When my kids were younger it was nice to take their temperatures without waking them up. They never got sick often though. The only one I didn't like was the behind-the-ear style.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I buy an oral thermometer too, usually the CVS or Walgreen's pharmacy brand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got one from Walgreens but it isn't very accurate.
I was hoping I could find one like I had before, but I don't see it anymore. I can't remember the brand, it was oral and only took a few seconds to register. Seemed pretty accurate too, but this one I have had me freaking out because it was registering DH's temperature really low. He got checked at the doctor's office and was normal.