Thermal blanket on sale at Amazon

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Non-electric thermal blanket to go on sale at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow.

and at 12 p.m.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooooo - just in time for winter season, too. I may pick up one for my brother's very old kitty named Gracie. I am sure she will appreciate one of these cozy, warm beds/blankets. THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!! :thanks:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, maybe I should've put the date or day of the week down. It went on sale on Sunday, 9/28. There were two sale prices (Gold Box limited time deals), one at 8 a.m. and one at 12 p.m.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Were? Meaning I missed it :(
Oh wells. I've never heard of this self heating thermal beds for cats. My kitties would love them! Definitely going to invest in a few at least for my 3 cats.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would watch the Amazon Gold Box sales. Good possibility they'll return during holiday sales. The non-electric thermal blankets use reflective material to bounce the kitty's own body heat back to them. It's popular material for sleeping bags and started off with NASA using them. They won't get as high heat as an electric blanket, but on the other hand they're very safe. My kitty took to it right away.

If you don't get one this calendar year, look in January or February or even in March or April. I got an electric pad for 25% of original price last year because I bought in spring.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a little plug in on Chrome that will show me price fluctuations.  It's called The Camelizer I think.  Something along those lines; with Camel in it. 

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never heard of these thermal blankets before, but it sounds like something my Ruby would love, as like all cats, she gravitates to the heat.

Just wondering, where do you put them?   The floor?  Sofa?

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've never heard of these thermal blankets before, but it sounds like something my Ruby would love, as like all cats, she gravitates to the heat.

Just wondering, where do you put them?   The floor?  Sofa?
I put it on the floor, but I suppose it can be anywhere you like. They tend to stay flat rather than get bunched up like a rug, but otherwise they're pretty much like normal pet mats. They make a crinkly noise when you move them, that's the special thermal material.

They're at Petsmart/Petco if you don't want to wait for an Amazon sale. Petsmart sent me a $7 coupon for my kitty's birthday one year, so I used it on that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I put it on the floor, but I suppose it can be anywhere you like. They tend to stay flat rather than get bunched up like a rug, but otherwise they're pretty much like normal pet mats. They make a crinkly noise when you move them, that's the special thermal material.

They're at Petsmart/Petco if you don't want to wait for an Amazon sale. Petsmart sent me a $7 coupon for my kitty's birthday one year, so I used it on that.
Thanks for the reply   I think I will check Petsmart.   I also see this one at amazon.ca:  

khayr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen these on Groupon too if you guys haven't checked that out at all, they usually have some pretty sweet deals for pet stuff on there.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I've seen these on Groupon too if you guys haven't checked that out at all, they usually have some pretty sweet deals for pet stuff on there.
What exactly is Groupon?   I just checked out groupon.com and it won't show me anything without an email address!

khayr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

What exactly is Groupon?   I just checked out groupon.com and it won't show me anything without an email address!
It's similar to those other websites where manufacturers have excess product, so they can sell it for really cheap. They mostly have clothing and etc but they also have some decent selections of other stuff on there too. I bought my tablet for like $50 after the groupon price + a coupon, I think the regular retail value was like $120? I tend to look every few days just to see if there are any good flash deals since most of their stuff only stays until it sells out.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

It's similar to those other websites where manufacturers have excess product, so they can sell it for really cheap. They mostly have clothing and etc but they also have some decent selections of other stuff on there too. I bought my tablet for like $50 after the groupon price + a coupon, I think the regular retail value was like $120? I tend to look every few days just to see if there are any good flash deals since most of their stuff only stays until it sells out.
One more question...  do you buy online and have shipped?  Or do you download a coupon to take to a store?

khayr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One more question...  do you buy online and have shipped?  Or do you download a coupon to take to a store?
Groupon would just be something where you order it online and it gets shipped to you. (: