There Is Hope For Kibble Fixated Cats!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little white cat has been a kibble only cat for about 3 years now. No matter what i did. Vet finally told me, just feed her the kibble or she is going to have health problems from not eating. So i did. But i still kept offering her all kinds of wet 2 x a day along with my other 3, who like wet. For almost 3 years she has refused any wet, would run from most of it, or ignore it. Then she started eating Almo nature salmon and apple wet, about a month ago, i was thrilled, even if it was fish.

Tonight i walked in the kitchen and she was chowing down on a bowl of Almo nature chicken and green beans. I was shocked, and very happy. Only taken 3 years and countless bowls of wet, every brand known to man, but tonight i got to see her eat a chicken wet food :clap: I guess never give up! :crossfingers: So hope it continues!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo::woo::banana1:That’s so awesome!!! Yay for your little white cat! What’s her name btw? That’s great news
Her real name is Frosty. But we call her Itty, because she was so tiny when i first got her :)

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My little white cat has been a kibble only cat for about 3 years now. No matter what i did. Vet finally told me, just feed her the kibble or she is going to have health problems from not eating. So i did. But i still kept offering her all kinds of wet 2 x a day along with my other 3, who like wet. For almost 3 years she has refused any wet, would run from most of it, or ignore it. Then she started eating Almo nature salmon and apple wet, about a month ago, i was thrilled, even if it was fish.

Tonight i walked in the kitchen and she was chowing down on a bowl of Almo nature chicken and green beans. I was shocked, and very happy. Only taken 3 years and countless bowls of wet, every brand known to man, but tonight i got to see her eat a chicken wet food :clap: I guess never give up! :crossfingers: So hope it continues!
Awww that's great

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Is almo nature a pate food

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does she have blue eyes? She did not get diarrhea from the sudden change in food?

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Karen, is your girl pedigree or just a regular cat? She's cute!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she have blue eyes? She did not get diarrhea from the sudden change in food?
yes, very blue eyes, sometimes they cross :) ! No she didnt get diarrhea. My cats have all been very good with that and food. I dont change up the dry, i only feed Dr. Elseys, with occasional farmina as a mini meal. But i change up the wet for my other 3 all the time and no problems. She did eat a bit more of the chicken and green beans last night, and almost a whole can of salmon and apple this morning :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is almo nature a pate food
I have never seen a pate by Almo, all the ones i have seen are shreds. I will say their meat seems good, and a bit more tender than some. I feed a lot of Tiki cat, my guys like it a lot, but to me the shreds seem a bit tough? Not so much with almo, easier to chop with a fork if needed. And not icky like some foods. Im vegeterain so i have a hard time with most all meats, especially the icky ones...lol. Almo seems clean, i give them that.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have never seen a pate by Almo, all the ones i have seen are shreds. I will say their meat seems good, and a bit more tender than some. I feed a lot of Tiki cat, my guys like it a lot, but to me the shreds seem a bit tough? Not so much with almo, easier to chop with a fork if needed. And not icky like some foods. Im vegeterain so i have a hard time with most all meats, especially the icky ones...lol. Almo seems clean, i give them that.
Thanks for that duck pond