There Are Good People (a Rescue)

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of ours went to India to his niece's wedding and whilst there witnessed a dog being kicked and beaten in the street. He intervened and took the dog to a vet who didn't charge for the service saying he was just glad someone had rescued it. What a decent vet there.
My friend had intended to return home soon after the wedding but because of his concern for the poor dog he decided to adopt it and return it to the UK. However, this means he has to stay there for a month or so, for some reason, red tape probably, before he can come home. It's costing him a fair amount for this process and he isn't particularly a dog person, rather just a decent chap who loves all animals. So, a big round of applause for him and thanks for reading. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is indeed a blessing. Your friend is an exceptional person and has a tremendous heart. :redheartpump: The vet obviously recognized that this was a dire situation and thanks to his actions your friend will have a new furry family member. It's a win, win for everyone! :thumbsup:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a heartwarming story! If everyone in the world was like your friend, we could end animal cruelty soon. I'm sure the little dog will have a fantastic life in his new home. :hearthrob:
My godmother used to live in Hong Kong and whilst she was there, she "met" two stray kittens who were very thin and often sniffed around the front of her apartment looking for food. She ended up adopting them and brining them back to the UK with her and they're now both 15 years old.