Contest Thecatsite Goes To Hollywood - Cat Video Contest!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne Anne , looks like @furbabyAudi is asking for help on P. 2.
We recently introduced a new feature to allow everyone to upload videos of their cats directly to the site. This month we're going to have a fun little contest that's all about
:jump::banana1:Cat Videos :banana2::woohoo:

We're looking for video submissions that meet the following criteria -
  • A good quality video showing your cat or cats doing something funny or cute.
  • Video clip should be at least 15 seconds long and not longer than one minute.
  • One submission per member please
Last date for video submissions: February 21st.

And perhaps the most important aspect of this contest -
You must upload the video to the gallery section and embed it using the gallery code. We won't accept videos that are embedded from any external source (Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook etc.).

View attachment 217522

Why not embedding from YouTube or other sources?

This contest is all about adopting a new posting technique so we're focusing on that - videos that you upload to TCS and share here using the Gallery embed code.

Not sure what I'm even talking about? :headscratch: No worries, here's a tutorial -
How To Upload And Add Videos To Your Posts

Follow the tutorial to see how to upload a video and how to embed it here in the contest thread. Need help? Let us know in the thread or in the Site Help Forum.

Already adopted a sweet cat video to the Gallery Section and wish to submit that?

Awesome! Congratulations on being an early adopter :salam:All you have to do now is embed your video in a post to this thread!

As with our photo contests, we'll run a poll to determine the winner! He or she will be getting one of these cute TCS Tote Bags!

View attachment 217521

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a question. I can see everyone’s replies, but not the videos. Can someone help?
I just checked on my phone with google chrome the videos don't show up. On my computer they show up on chrome with or without ublock turned on. With Firefox they only show up with ublock turned off. If the player uses flash, I know it is sometimes disabled because of security threats, or maybe an adblocker is not showing them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked on my phone with google chrome the videos don't show up. On my computer they show up on chrome with or without ublock turned on. With Firefox they only show up with ublock turned off. If the player uses flash, I know it is sometimes disabled because of security threats, or maybe an adblocker is not showing them.
AH. Thanks for sharing that, @kobata. I use Chrome, too, and have adblockers on my PC and my iPhone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I have a question. I can see everyone’s replies, but not the videos. Can someone help?
So sorry for not getting back to you sooner! Is this still an issue? If so, could you please let me know which browser you're using (including version) and if you have any ad blocking software in place?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This contest is now closed for further submissions! Voting thread coming soon!

ahunter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The places for cats to do agility are few and far between. I couldn't find any in the Midwest. Instead I had to train Rainy myself, based on what I knew about dog agility. A nearby no-kill shelter gave me permission to use their equipment. This past fall, I also set up equipment in our basement. Cats are amazing creatures!

My husband and I really liked your video. We appreciate the amount of editing it must have taken!

How fun that looks! ahunter ahunter I didn't know there were places like that for cats to train. I've seen local spots for dogs, but very cool for cats!

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The places for cats to do agility are few and far between. I couldn't find any in the Midwest. Instead I had to train Rainy myself, based on what I knew about dog agility. A nearby no-kill shelter gave me permission to use their equipment. This past fall, I also set up equipment in our basement. Cats are amazing creatures!

My husband and I really liked your video. We appreciate the amount of editing it must have taken!
ahunter ahunter my daughters tried to set up our basement one week to work with Jack using a balance beam, hula hoops & alot of treats. He did well quickly, but ended up with bladder crystals from the treats :bawling2:
A fun way though to keep the cats active, learning and busy. Do you keep adding on to the course to keep interest or use something other than treats for motivation?

I had no clue how to make movies prior to the contest, learned a lot about it that weekend, lol. How did you speed it up in spots?

ahunter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cats love agility! I vary the course each week by moving obstacles. We do therapy now in our basement and so there isn't room to expand. I use a clicker each time an obstacle is successfully completed and treats just for the tunnels.

The bladder crystals concern me. I use a lot of treats for obedience. I'll check into what kind of treats are best and how many are appropriate.

The video was edited in Movie Maker. There is a setting for speeding up a clip.

ahunter ahunter my daughters tried to set up our basement one week to work with Jack using a balance beam, hula hoops & alot of treats. He did well quickly, but ended up with bladder crystals from the treats :bawling2:
A fun way though to keep the cats active, learning and busy. Do you keep adding on to the course to keep interest or use something other than treats for motivation?

I had no clue how to make movies prior to the contest, learned a lot about it that weekend, lol. How did you speed it up in spots?