The -Would You Ever - Game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I have done this on a couple of my long trips. It can be exhausting!

(But for a traveler in a hot, dusty country, using local buses to get around and having run out of hair conditioner and decent sun block, wearing the veil is actually very practical.)

Would you ever get on a train without buying a ticket?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did once on accident when I was a bit drunk and didn't notice my card made the angry sound because it didn't have enough money on it. But I wouldn't do it on purpose. Supporting public transit is an important civic duty.

Would you ever find a ride share on the internet?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I would but  I would do a background check before I would actually share riding.

Would you ever be a paid extra in a movie?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not at all but perhaps when I was very young had I been given the opportunity I might have been tempted by curiosity and the temptation of a new experience.

Would you ever try to reason with someone trying to steal your handbag or wallet demanding to let you keep your documents and credit cards? 

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No they are usually unreasonable 

Would you ever help a stranger whose car was stuck in the snow?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know when I'd ever find myself in a position to because it doesn't snow in south Florida. I avoid snow like the plague. It is my kryptonite. If I were in a situation where that scenario came up, yes I would.

Would you let a stranger borrow your cell phone?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hmmmm, if it looked like a person that I could run faster than, maybe I would.

Would you ever give money to a person begging?

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Not many beggers in Suburban St Louis, but probably not, no. I was ever inclined to (if i want to be charitable, I'll be a bit more discriminating), but once I found out the average income of a begger, I became *REALLY* disinclined.

Would you ever build your own computer?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to at least try! My BIL (my sister's husband) is a computer whiz and he's said he'd help me if I ran into problems. I mean, now really, how hard can it possibly be? (And yes, those are famous last words!)

Would you ever follow the 5-second rule for food that fell on the floor?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I prefer the "is it sticky rule". If it's sticky, no eating it even immediately, but I'll eat a Skittle that I find under the couch. If it's fruit I might rinse it off though.

Would you ever dumpster dive?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
sure. Have done it before all the laws came into effect about trespassing. I remember the 1990s people often dumpster dived behind stores and got some good stuff. One store I worked at threw away perfectly good laundry soap because of shelf resetting-let's say I put it "in" the dumpster but at a location that would be easy to remove said items. We couldn't take It home- I mean seriously!? Why didn't they just sell it 50% off instead of throwing It away?!! so YES I would dumpster dive! with a tyvek suit on and gloves/hood etc.

Have you ever wanted to just pack up your cats/home stuff and just MOVE cross country even though you have a good job or even if you just bored?! (I have-still DO!)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I would if I had the money.

Would you ever marry someone for money if you were dirt poor with no health insurance, money for vet bills, etc?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck no, I'm too independantly minded for that.  And then what if  if the chap turned out to be mean and miserly? Imagine the temptation to become a widow 
!!!!

Would you ever take the risk of  accepting a job for which you are not prepared?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Imagine the temptation to become a widow :smshfrk: !!!!

Would you ever take the risk of  accepting a job for which you are not prepared?
LOL. Girlfriend of mine who went through a rotten divorce says the luckiest woman on earth is a childless widow. I sort of agree.

Whenever I've gotten a job for which I am unprepared it has always backfired in my face big time.

Would you ever remarry - to a BIL?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't remarry anyone but ....................isn't "BIL" a brother in law? How could you remarry your brother in law 

Would you tell your present companion about your past love life?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant remarry in the sense of marrying again. BTW, I married my husband twice so I actually did remarry him. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

No, I would not talk about past love life. Never a good idea.

Would you ever foster a child?

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

I wouldn't remarry anyone but ....................isn't "BIL" a brother in law? How could you remarry your brother in law 

Would you tell your present companion about your past love life?
remarrying meaning you are going to marry again and that person was your bil.

maybe, but i think some things should remain in the past.

would you ever adopt a special needs child if you had the funds to properly care for them?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck no. My life is stressful enough.

Mia, we overlapped so I'll reiterate my question.

Would you ever foster a child?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am all for fostering children but I'm too old for that now;  In the past my life was too complicated, changing several countries of residence throughout the years. During my 3 years in South Africa I was a volunteer in a school for Autistic Children two of which I would bring home every wednesday. I had grown very fond of them. It broke my heart to leave them for good when we had to move on, this time to Australia.

Would you keep for good  a child adopted when newly born and later on you  discovered he had some especial problems?

I knew an unfortunate case in South Africa of an adoptive mother who asked her husband to choose between her and the child which caused their marriage to break up and the child  (an autistic boy)  remained with his adoptive father.  

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.