The -Would You Ever - Game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I would try some foods that don't have any raw ingredients. I've had conch and poi in Hawaii ( wouldn't eat the raw octopus ), and snails here in the U.S.

Would you ever go door-to-door collecting donations for research or a charity?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOPs. sorry, I WAS TO SLOW.
Yes, part of the travelling experience visiting foreign countries is to be acquainted with their culture (music, language and food) but could not accept such "dishes" as insects for instance. Sea snails I have eaten when I was young and my mother cooked them.

Replying to the last question by Debbila: Not anymore. I did that when I was younger.

Would you ever refuse to eat a certain food offered to you when invited to a friend's home for dinner?

Last edited:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would only refuse a certain food if I disliked it very much or was allergic to it. I'd give an explanation with an apology.

Would you ever tell someone if you knew their spouse had cheated on them? What about if they weren't married but in a relationship with that person?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, whether they were married or not I would not get involved unless the circumstances were such that the person concerned was very closed to me and would never forgive my silence.

Would you ever agree to be a witness in a divorce case in favour of a friend?

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes of course

Would you ever date someone with totally different interests but the za-za-zing feeling was intense?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Date" surely. Dating does not necessarily mean sharing your entire life.

Would you ever expect your date to have the same political opinions?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I would like them to but it would not be a requirement.

Would you marry someone who had 10 adult children and 40 grandchildren?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt I would become ever vegan but I make sure that the eggs I buy don't come from caged hens. Although I'm not either vegan or altogether vegeterian I have stopped eating meat and chicken because of the suffering inflicted on them before they become food.

Would you ever participate in the filming of ill treatment to animals in production farms with hidden cameras?

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt I would become ever vegan but I make sure that the eggs I buy don't come from caged hens. Although I'm not either vegan or altogether vegeterian I have stopped eating meat and chicken because of the suffering inflicted on them before they become food.

Would you ever participate in the filming of ill treatment to animals in production farms with hidden cameras?
If you've stopped eating meat & chicken, you're a vegetarian. If you eat fish, you're a pesco-vegetarian, like me.

To answer your question, no. Doing that is too dangerous for me.

Would you ever go searching for an animal in distress that you can hear, but cannot see?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I would and I would "invite" my younger daughter, Clora, to the rescue. She has been doing this since her whildhood. Just now she has 4dogs and 4 cats all rescued over a number of years. The last one, a young female dog, was very sick when she found her hiding and crying in a square near her home only a few weeks ago. Her Vet removed a tumour from her tummy and took care of an infected eye. Clora named her Happy because she never stops waggling her tail.

Would you take to a Vet a strange sick dog or cat found abandoned in the street and pay for its treatment?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Done it with cats many times. Never seen a dog that needed my help, but I'm sure I would.

Would you ever buy a hungry random stranger a meal in a restaurant in which you are eating?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how I would know that the person needed help paying for their meal, but if I did, yes I would buy them a meal.

Would you ever be a foster parent for a child waiting to be adopted?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
No, as I am not physically able to care for a child.

Would you ever adopt children?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I am too old for that but one of my grandsons and his wife are fostering a boy who calls me "mamie" like all my grandchildren and great grandchildren do.

Would you encourage your children and/or grandchildren who are already parents to adopt other children?

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have no children but if I did I would only encourage them if they asked.

Would you ever take in a Syrian family of 6 if you had a big enough home
and the money to help them get a good start?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Certainly not after the experience we have endured with several families received in this country as refugees after making available to them, money, roof, employement, land, free schooling for their children, free medical attention and language lessons for the entire family members, etc etc. I will not go into details but the experience has not been encouraging. To put it mildly the
there exists an overall sentiment that Syrian—Muslim, in particular—culture is at odds with the liberal and open Uruguayan way of life. Just one example: in their culture fathers, brothers and husbands have the right to hit their women (be it daughters, sisters and wives).

Would you ever immigrate into a country you haven't even visited without a previous working offer?

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
To put it mildly the
there exists an overall sentiment that Syrian—Muslim, in particular—culture is at odds with the liberal and open Uruguayan way of life. Just one example: in their culture fathers, brothers and husbands have the right to hit their women (be it daughters, sisters and wives).
I am certain that is not true of all Muslims. There are people of every religion, culture, background who abuse
women. Some men and women are just physically and mentally abusive.

No to your question.

Would you ever color your hair in pink, greens, and blues?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you Mia that physical abuse of women exists all over the world and that that is not true of ALL Muslims, the difference though is that their culture ADMITS it. We had this problem with some of these families who had to be informed that here such behaviour is considered a felony. This has not been the only problem, though.

I happen to know very well an Uruguayan girl married to a Muslim from Pakistan.They live in the USA and he is really an adorable fellow. I have had very interesting discussions with him. I have photos of them taken in my living with their children when they came over for a visit to her family a few months ago. They are a happy family. I loved their children who are beautifully behaved.

Regarding your question, no I wouldn't. I don't colour my hair anymore but when I did it was just brown which was its natural colour.

Would you ever immigrate to a country with a culture and religion different from yours?

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but only if there was abundant sunshine, little or no rain, moderate temps,
and at least one Catholic Church.

Would you ever live in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.