The -Would You Ever - Game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm confused. Isn't the house listing horribly to the right?
Photo is taken from the waterfront side, is a bit lower on an angle. Just looks weird, not the best angle. We paid a contractor local to there to do it. The contractor specializes in doing cottages.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I could never build a second story on the cottage they would never allow it. I could never use the area under it as livable space either. Very strict rules from the township. I could never touch the waterfront, not one little bit. The waterfront is provincial. I would never want to touch the waterfront it is beautiful the way it is.

The township provided a rough design of the deck and told my father in-law what they wanted to see. I absolutely loved their design and built a little over half it in the fall and will finish it in the spring. The township just doesn't want it to be an eyesore which is great because I want it to look really nice.

This is the view facing the waterfront.

The cottage is fairly close to the water which is why the township does not want an eyesore.

Here is a photo of the front support when it was still on the hill before I started.

Ugly supports made with cinder block and concrete. They were cheap and gradually failing.

Here's a better view of my friends working on getting rid of the old support and the rock hill.

And then there is the new supports in the photo from my earlier post. The photo on a weird angle.

It looks so much nicer sitting on the wood than ugly cinder blocks. It has opened up the area and makes the cottage feel so much bigger.

UN World Heritage should have been more concerned with the real world heritage stuff ISIS blew up instead of the rock hill I got rid of at my in-laws cottage. We have all sorts of laws here, especially on the water way, we don't need the UN here. I will never understand why the Rideau Canal System is world heritage it is 200 years old and not like it is going anywhere any time soon. It is Ontario, the place is so huge it is not like we could ever develop the whole thing? Recreational boaters use it every year and the government maintains it?

Here are my two works cats at the cottage. I socialized them, they were born outside on the property I work at.

They were at the cottage while I did the first half of the deck.

They spent a month and a half there and loved it, well not at first they were still a little skittish.

They absolutely loved it there in the end. It is so quiet and lots of windows and wild life.

My home cats love it there. Zoe hides when we pack to leave. She always hides in the same place so she is not very good at hiding. She doesn't vocalize a lot but she sure does vocalize when I get her to leave the cottage.

Would you ever, if you had work kitties to take, take them for a holiday at the cottage?

Last edited:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Anne, I know we are not supposed to talk politics. This thread in no way represents any view of The Cat Site. At this point it is my own opinion of the UN. Again, sorry Anne.

Would you ever, if you had work kitties to take, take them for a holiday at the cottage?

Last edited:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
P.S. @Norachan

I absolutely love your cats, They are by far my favorite cats on the entire site. I love everyone one here and I love all your cats. I love my cats and love your cats, I just love it all. I love the little snow trails from Nora's cats and I love everything about them.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I hated taking vacations and leaving my kitties. I had a sitter who would come twice a day and call the hotel after each visit

For 50 thousand dollars US would you go on a date with KIm Il Jong, Prez of North Korea?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Not anymore as I have developed a phobia to them.

Would you ever eat chocolate covered ants?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes!

We need to nip these criminal tendencies in the bud.

Would you ever (do you ever) pick up other people's trash when you are out on a walk?

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to, I work for a government department which cares for endangered species. Anything going into storm drains potentially ends up in the ocean to be consumed and kill birds and sea mammals (my community announcement for the day). Yes, I pick it up if I can. 

Would you ever volunteer to do charity work?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not anymore but I have done my share in my younger years.

Would you ever pick up an injured  pigeon and take it home under your care and to a vet if necessary?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I don't know. Hope I never have to deal with an injured pigeon.

Would you ever go to an eyebrow threader?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. My tent sleeping in days are over and I do not trust my kitties in a tent. Sophie would get out for sure. 

Would you ever drive cross country with your cat(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.