The World's Ugliest Litter of Puppies!

melon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they`re absolutely adorable!!!
other than the colors they look kinda like my lab when she was that age, super cute!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see Pointer, not so much coonhound. They do look Border Collie-ish, especially that one with the most black. Wonder if mom was a shorthaired Border, and that is why these pups have short hair, and not the longer BC coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

I see Pointer, not so much coonhound. They do look Border Collie-ish, especially that one with the most black. Wonder if mom was a shorthaired Border, and that is why these pups have short hair, and not the longer BC coat.
Mom was a LH dog, they said....but I personally think they didn't know the sky was blue.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i though for a second i could see boxer?
deffo SH collie in there there adorable,
if you wasnt so far away and i didnt have lots of animals already(although it doesnt normally stop me) id have that Border collie lookalikey

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Mom was a LH dog, they said....but I personally think they didn't know the sky was blue.
The BC Parent's could have been short...or one could have been...

Either way...I have seen litters out of long haired dogs, with a shorthaired parent, come out all short haired. One of my own dogs, a lovely Golden Ret. Mix, was the ONLY long haired pup in a litter of 12...mom was a lab...dad was Golden Ret. Sooooo...that said...what the previous owner's told you could have been true; not every one is as daft as they seem...
And if mom wasn't the real 'fluffy puffy' type of BC...which she probably wasn't, then an all short haired litter of pups is more likely to happen.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

The BC Parent's could have been short...or one could have been...

Either way...I have seen litters out of long haired dogs, with a shorthaired parent, come out all short haired. One of my own dogs, a lovely Golden Ret. Mix, was the ONLY long haired pup in a litter of 12...mom was a lab...dad was Golden Ret. Sooooo...that said...what the previous owner's told you could have been true; not everyone is as daft as they seem...
And if mom wasn't the real 'fluffy puffy' type of BC...which she probably wasn't, then an all short haired litter of pups is more likely to happen.