The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was afraid no one would help me move this trailer 120km but a family friend came through. And another one offered to store it. I am grateful. This will be so good for me. I can't wait to fix it up. :wavey:
I really want to hear/see updates! It sounds like such a fun project!!
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - she's been pushing the first nap back late and skipping the second so she's been up about seven hours before she goes to bed. There's probably a bit of overtired there.
Oooh nap transitions will do that! They are difficult to get through!
This may seem a bit silly, but we just bought a 1' x1' plot of land in a nature preserve in Scotland for my husband's grandma. She s very proud of her Scottish heritage and can trace part of her family to the Wallace Clan. Now, she is a land-holding Lady who is helping preserve a gorgeous area of Scotland. I hope she likes it!
Not silly at all to me! I think that would be an amazing gift! Even better than having a star named after someone and that’s really neat too! :lol:
Update...
Looked at the tracking info and it said it was delivered last night around 7:30pm to Greenfield, IN. I live in Maryland. :lol: Got online with Walmart Customer Service and told them about it. They checked and will giving me a full refund. I hope the person in Indiana that got it enjoys it.
I’ve had several extras in packages this year. Chewy gave me some lickable cat treats on accident. Usborne sent me an extra dinosaur book. I think its just a crazier time right now with holiday shipping.

I need to get to the post office myself but I decided I’m going to wait till I have everything ready to ship to everyone instead of making multiple trips! I do need Christmas stamps though!

I did a little Christmas photo shoot with my kids in the backyard yesterday. We had so many funny bloopers! The weather was good so they were able to be out without coats. I grabbed a bag of big outdoor ornaments, a red blanket and a tote to sit on as props. And these big candy canes I normally put on the porch. They came out pretty good! I ordered from Snapfish last night. I put the bloopers on the back. They are getting the best comments on Facebook anyway. And it’s making me realize how grown up DD is getting!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a known issue with Walmart re-using tracking numbers. You'll probably get your item in a couple days. I've had at least 10 customers come to me with that issue and all of them got their item anyway.
I hope I don't because I don't want/need it anymore. Never ended up buying the item that went with it so I'd just have to make a special trip to Walmart if it did show up.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was ready to call it a day by 3am this morning. I was just about to head into the kitchen to feed the cats when I heard a crash and glass breaking. I came flying out of my room and turned on the lights to find that Boone and Gracie had knocked over a lamp and shattered the lightbulb and lampshade. It's one of those tall standing lamps with the up-turned lampshade. Broken glass all over the place.

I cleaned it up the best that I could with my hands and a dustpan. At 3am, I couldn't break out the vacuum cleaner. I texted my husband and kids to let them know what happened. Husband and youngest slept through it. Oldest is house/dog sitting but he's coming home today. Also to let them know to be careful about small pieces of glass that I couldn't get on the carpet and tile floor.

Gracie came back upstairs looking pretty shell-shocked so I made sure she was ok and not bleeding anywhere. She was ok. Boone must have been the one to knock it over because he avoided me. I did a quick look over on him and didn't see any blood so he must be ok too.

Now I have more for my to-do list on an already busy day. Got to vacuum when I get home and try to find a new lampshade.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had cheap floor lamps when the girls were young. I'd come home and find them on the floor here after we moved to a bigger house. They were never a problem at our old place but they were more hemmed in by furniture there. Thankfully the shades were plastic and the bulbs never broke. We got rid of those lamps when our kids got mobile. I only bought new table lamps this year. I figured everyone is old enough now. :lol:

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ring a live in caregiver sucks at times I know he's nearly 93 but how many times must I tell him no it is not getting above 55 degrees outside today so no he can't go out and tinker in his shed, also why can't elderly people sleep bed at 11 up at 5 I need a nap, also I'm gonna have no sleep tonight as my Mignon is protesting being in the pet taxi for the night but I can't have him hiding under my bed or my grandfather's recliner before I can get him to the vet in the
Well as predicted got very little sleep the other night vet didn't have time had farm calls but said just monitor and come in Thursday morning for a look see, grandfather was on today didn't like the weather didn't like dinner didn't like that the vet didn't cater to us and so on fretting about the virus and vaccine his birthday a week from Friday and his pediatrist appointment on Tuesday ... It's going to be a loooooong two weeks.

Ordered a new lampshade from Amazon. Only $30.

Anyone want two "slightly used" cats? Normally very sweet but a tad bit destructive to floor lamps. :paranoid:

Mine have done worse figurines, my grandma's antique mixing bowl I left on the counter overnight so I could do holiday baking last year, a snow globe and lord was that a bit scary the "water" in them is toxic thankfully it was on a shelf behind an upholstered chair which absorbed the liquid I got glass in my foot though even after vaccuming, last but not least my Mignon knocked the crock pot down chasing a bat that came in with a box of produce my aunt gave me chased it out to the back porch then shut interior door ran around and opened the exterior door and soon enough it left but keeping 3 of my 7 cats away from it wasn't easy (Butter,Dora,Lil Bit,and Royal weren't interested however Caramel,Mignon, and Marie were extremely interested but the crockpot was the last straw and it was 2 am I'd been chasing it with a broom for 2 hours, by then so...I hear ya..but we love them anyway.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had cheap floor lamps when the girls were young. I'd come home and find them on the floor here after we moved to a bigger house. They were never a problem at our old place but they were more hemmed in by furniture there. Thankfully the shades were plastic and the bulbs never broke. We got rid of those lamps when our kids got mobile. I only bought new table lamps this year. I figured everyone is old enough now. :lol:
I suppose it's partly my fault as the lamp is normally on the other side of the TV stand but with the Christmas tree there, I had to move it to the other side. Normally it's more out of the way and not just outside my bedroom door. Bruiser Boone must have hit it with enough force heading to the kitchen to wait for breakfast that he knocked it down. Probably not as stable on carpet as it was on tile either.

I wish I had my camera handy to take a photo of Gracie when she cautiously headed back upstairs. Eyes as big as saucers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really want to hear/see updates! It sounds like such a fun project!!
Oooh nap transitions will do that! They are difficult to get through!

Not silly at all to me! I think that would be an amazing gift! Even better than having a star named after someone and that’s really neat too! :lol:

I’ve had several extras in packages this year. Chewy gave me some lickable cat treats on accident. Usborne sent me an extra dinosaur book. I think its just a crazier time right now with holiday shipping.

I need to get to the post office myself but I decided I’m going to wait till I have everything ready to ship to everyone instead of making multiple trips! I do need Christmas stamps though!

I did a little Christmas photo shoot with my kids in the backyard yesterday. We had so many funny bloopers! The weather was good so they were able to be out without coats. I grabbed a bag of big outdoor ornaments, a red blanket and a tote to sit on as props. And these big candy canes I normally put on the porch. They came out pretty good! I ordered from Snapfish last night. I put the bloopers on the back. They are getting the best comments on Facebook anyway. And it’s making me realize how grown up DD is getting!
Price UPS before going to the USPS. I have found that UPS ground is cheaper than USPS priority and they get it there faster. USPS priority is 1-3 days NOT guaranteed. I started using UPS ground a couple of years ago when I sent DD a package with USPS the time before and learned my lesson. 1-3 days turned into a week and a half. The box SHOULD have gone to the distribution center in Raleigh and then to the local PO for delivery. It went to Raleigh and then off to Greensborough (3 hours west) and sat there for 3 days (after sitting in Orlando for 4) before it finally went to Raleigh and to the local PO. I called them. They could not have cared less. I had to send a similar package to DD about a month later. I decided to price both carriers. UPS was cheaper. By about $10. I gave them a shot. She had it in less than 48 hours. Bye USPS. You can buy stamps online and your carrier will deliver them with your regular mail. If you have to use USPS for whatever reason, use the website to create, pay for and print the label. You can arrange a pickup online also and your carrier will take them on the day you request when your mail is delivered.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Price UPS before going to the USPS. I have found that UPS ground is cheaper than USPS priority and they get it there faster. USPS priority is 1-3 days NOT guaranteed. I started using UPS ground a couple of years ago when I sent DD a package with USPS the time before and learned my lesson. 1-3 days turned into a week and a half. The box SHOULD have gone to the distribution center in Raleigh and then to the local PO for delivery. It went to Raleigh and then off to Greensborough (3 hours west) and sat there for 3 days (after sitting in Orlando for 4) before it finally went to Raleigh and to the local PO. I called them. They could not have cared less. I had to send a similar package to DD about a month later. I decided to price both carriers. UPS was cheaper. By about $10. I gave them a shot. She had it in less than 48 hours. Bye USPS. You can buy stamps online and your carrier will deliver them with your regular mail. If you have to use USPS for whatever reason, use the website to create, pay for and print the label. You can arrange a pickup online also and your carrier will take them on the day you request when your mail is delivered.
I'll have to see if I can do that. I sent a package UPS once and paid an arm and a leg. :lol: That was before they had tools to see how much things are going to cost. Whenever I track stuff carefully they do seem the most efficient. FedEx sends stuff to a distribution center twice as far away from me as one of the retailers I get things from. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll have to see if I can do that. I sent a package UPS once and paid an arm and a leg. :lol: That was before they had tools to see how much things are going to cost. Whenever I track stuff carefully they do seem the most efficient. FedEx sends stuff to a distribution center twice as far away from me as one of the retailers I get things from. :lol:

Fed Ex also hands a lot of packages off to USPS for final delivery. I sent DD a package last month. UPS was almost $20 cheaper than USPS. She got it in 2 days. I always check both to be sure.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While looking through my dad's things, I found a tarot deck. He's also bought crystals. My mom doesn't know about some of them because we are a "Christian household". I just thought it was interesting. He isn't here so I've been playing around with them.
I have 2 decks including this one. https://www.amazon.com/Cat-Tarot-78...&sprefix=Cat+ta,aps,257&sr=8-1&tag=thecatsite

I bought a book to learn how to use them. The book that comes with the deck is very small.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone heard of Dial-a-Carol? It's a free 24-hour service provided by the University of Illinois where you can request a Christmas song and a student will sing it to you!

I just called and had someone sing Winter Wonderland ☺
Is it free? That sounds fun! Of course my kids would be like “Lets call again!” :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really getting anxious...
The Tenants Association's election is tonight. I am running for First Vice President.
Really getting anxious... Trying to keep busy, but there is only so much I can do.. I do not want to drive--may be too self absorbed to concentrate on driving...

It is getting downright nasty.. really nasty... Not from me.. from the other candidate and the candidate for President.. I am kind of wondering why I did this...
But, I felt as if I had to.

With those 2 in charge it would have been a nasty dynasty, with the presidency and vice presidency going back and forth.. It would have been nasty, disrespectful.. I knew I was doing the right thing by running when they protested at my candidacy. They went into so much nastiness.. They got the nomination/election person in tears... and did it again last night at supper...

While I do not want to be involved with this pettiness, I do not want this place to become a place of disrespect.

I am not campaigning.. going by what I did during the summer, with the parking for our residents.. we won, by being respectful... I, along with a couple other residents---one was my so-called partner in this endeavor (the one running for President), got a certificate of Appreciation from the City, on Monday night.

I am running on my past endeavors, how I conducted myself during that time.. on a platform of respect, diligence, being well prepared for things.. I think many people in here have come to know me... and those who wish to believe the attacks, lies, innuendos, can do so....

If I win, it will be difficult with the president, but....
If I lose, I lose... I tried.... never did this before....I guess nothing ventured, nothing gained.. I can still hold my head up, and not be at their level.

Wish me luck...either way... just walking through the lobby is crazy... vicious.. they are trying to unnerve me.... dam...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck artiemom artiemom !

I've been going through my bookshelves with my kids since we talked about books the other day. DD has a whole stack of things out and a few shes already read and returned. We did find a Nancy Drew book but I can't find the Boxcar Children book I had. I found those on the Kindle Freetime Unlimited though so she can read some! Shes reading The Little Princess now. I keep finding her sitting in a big canvas tote full of stuffed animals with a pillow leaning against the bookshelves. I suggested she bring the chair from her room (It folds) but shes content I guess! :lol:

I found a few books for DS too. He'll grow into some of the other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.