The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I thought eggs were dairy. :headscratch:
You're not alone! Thankfully, they're not. I'd say it's just cow stuff I can't have, but I'm good with beef, and goat cheese has a similar enough protein that's a no go as well.

Had a Christmas photo shoot with Isabelle today - I’m turning it into a puzzle for her grandpa. She was in the best mood!View attachment 403579
Olive want to join in too

View attachment 403580
OMG!!! :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob: She's so beautiful KarenKat KarenKat

Speaking of babies (I made a deal with mine we're going to try five or less wake ups tonight. We'll see if she upholds her end of the bargain), the outfit for her first birthday party (!!!!!) arrived, and I'm in love.
20211206_154156.jpg

She kept pulling the tiara off when I tried it on her. That one may need more practice.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I thought eggs were dairy. :headscratch:
It's a common enough belief that there are any number of articles about it: Are Eggs Considered a Dairy Product?

I think it's probably because the eggs are almost always kept near the dairy section.

I think it's hilarious when the carton of milk says "dairy milk", lol. Like, where else would it come from? Yes, we do call soy- and nut-based beverages "milk", but shouldn't it say "cow's milk" or "goat's milk" instead? Ah well, it's probably like "farm-raised chicken", just sounds pretty but doesn’t mean anything.
Kitty found a home! The girl has dogs and has been looking for a rescue cat. She has a big house and says she's going to wait for kitty to fully recover before introducing him to her dogs.
Yay!
:lol:mine always turn out to be a mess cant ever fold em up good
Haha, yeah, mine always turn into scrambled eggs with stuff added :lol: .
. I have uncles named Blue, Red, Brick, Grey, and aunts named White, Pinky,and Violet.
That's kind of cool really. There are 2 brothers in this area named Tarzan and Aladdin. I don't know what kind of Midwestern parents in 1950 would have named their kids that; I assume they were weird, haha. Old farm families didn't usually go for literary references. They go by Tarz and Al and seem perfectly content with their names.

Last edited:

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ring a live in caregiver sucks at times I know he's nearly 93 but how many times must I tell him no it is not getting above 55 degrees outside today so no he can't go out and tinker in his shed, also why can't elderly people sleep bed at 11 up at 5 I need a nap, also I'm gonna have no sleep tonight as my Mignon is protesting being in the pet taxi for the night but I can't have him hiding under my bed or my grandfather's recliner before I can get him to the vet in the

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first "porch pirate" experience. Woke up this morning to an email saying a package was delivered. Honestly, I thought I had canceled the order so I immediately hit the "start return" button figuring I'd just get the package on my way to the car and drop it off at the store on my way home. It wasn't on the kitchen table nor was it outside. Got online and the store's website said to wait two days to make a claim for a lost package because... and I quote... sometimes delivery drivers mark packages as delivered when they have not been. :rolleyes:

I just hope my starting a return won't cause any suspicion if I try to make a claim for not having it delivered.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always do "omlets in a bag". No folding necessary. Just put all your ingredients in a ziploc bag and boil. Comes out perfect every time and you can cook multiple omlets at the same time.
Tell me more! You put the raw egg mixture in the bag? How long do you boil them?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bawling2:tossing all the steaks,pork and new half gallon of moose trail ice cream today( i just had to try a few spoons of it last night paid badly in pain this morning):lol:had to be done lesson learned:biggrin:i will beat this pancreatitis issue(hoping thats all it is)owe it to gf to quit stressing her so much:lol:i'm a fool and just cant help it at times

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both creepy and fun all at the same time.
Perfect assessment!

:bawling2:tossing all the steaks,pork and new half gallon of moose trail ice cream today( i just had to try a few spoons of it last night paid badly in pain this morning):lol:had to be done lesson learned:biggrin:i will beat this pancreatitis issue(hoping thats all it is)owe it to gf to quit stressing her so much:lol:i'm a fool and just cant help it at times
I don't know much about pancreatitis, but would have to stop eating those foods forever, or do you just not have the self control to have them in the freezer until you're better?

Yes. Put eggs in the bag and mix with your hand. Then put in the rest of your ingredients. Pop them into a pot of boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes. They literally roll out of the bag like a burritos.
Okay, definitely have to try this!

------

J only woke up four times last night. I think I still only managed about six hours of sleep (especially because I decided it was best not to put her back to sleep at 7 this morning so she didn't sleep in too long and we could get a late morning nap), but compared to the 7 or 8 times the night before, I feel like a new person.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about pancreatitis, but would have to stop eating those foods forever, or do you just not have the self control to have them in the freezer until you're better?
not sure but i am pretty sure i can make good with chicken only:lol:but i know dairy has to go for sure soo on that note what dairy free ice creams can you recommend?:lol: that are sugar free

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure but i am pretty sure i can make good with chicken only:lol:but i know dairy has to go for sure soo on that note what dairy free ice creams can you recommend?:lol: that are sugar free
Here's a link with low sugar.

I don't pay attention to sugar, lol. I like Ben and Jerry's and So Delicious best, apparently So Delicious has a sugar free line according to the link, but I haven't tried them. I've had the Fronen and it's okay. I've also had Halo Top and was not impressed.

If you have to go completely dairy free, you're going to have to get good at reading labels. Surprising things with dairy - wine/beer, some salami/pepperoni (lactic acid starter culture is most likely dairy derived, though not always), some hamburger/hotdog buns. If you don't have to worry about baked dairy, like in bread, that does make things easier. Good luck! Hope this is a temporary bump!

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I know the dairy situation all to well I have a milk allergy that has gotten worse now that I'm in my 30s when I was younger it was okay in moderation and certain times of day not 1st or last thing I ate now though I tried eating a bowl of cold cereal as a snack/lunch and as soon as I finished had a mad dash to the bathroom as the mucus over load caused me to clear my throat which triggered well you get the idea I've recently tried dairy free ice cream can't say I care for it much..our local grocer only has one brand of dairy free(I can have milk in cooked food it doesn't bother me it's only in things like icream cold cereal and such well I have to be careful with how often and when I have grandma's Potato soup.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my first "porch pirate" experience. Woke up this morning to an email saying a package was delivered. Honestly, I thought I had canceled the order so I immediately hit the "start return" button figuring I'd just get the package on my way to the car and drop it off at the store on my way home. It wasn't on the kitchen table nor was it outside. Got online and the store's website said to wait two days to make a claim for a lost package because... and I quote... sometimes delivery drivers mark packages as delivered when they have not been. :rolleyes:

I just hope my starting a return won't cause any suspicion if I try to make a claim for not having it delivered.
Update...
Looked at the tracking info and it said it was delivered last night around 7:30pm to Greenfield, IN. I live in Maryland. :lol: Got online with Walmart Customer Service and told them about it. They checked and will giving me a full refund. I hope the person in Indiana that got it enjoys it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update...
Looked at the tracking info and it said it was delivered last night around 7:30pm to Greenfield, IN. I live in Maryland. :lol: Got online with Walmart Customer Service and told them about it. They checked and will giving me a full refund. I hope the person in Indiana that got it enjoys it.
There's a known issue with Walmart re-using tracking numbers. You'll probably get your item in a couple days. I've had at least 10 customers come to me with that issue and all of them got their item anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.