Not open for further replies.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of your babies are just adorable!
Thank you! We love her crazy hair!

Omg, so tiny!

I've embraced the contact nap, lol, but thankfully J did nights well in the bassinet from the beginning. Hope you can get more sleep soon.
We are working on it, contact napping has become quite tiring, and we can’t get anything done! Nights are getting better though.

:hearthrob:A baby in each arm!

I was just reading a memory post on Facebook where I was swaddle weaning DS (who had to be double swaddled:crazy:) because he was outgrowing the swaddle me blankets. Time flies but seems like just yesterday too.:bawling: Those tiny baby snuggles are amazing!
Yeah,I’m sure we will miss her this tiny but it’s so hard too that we are looking forward to her growing a bit!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My daughter has been reading a spy kid type series of books and in each book there is some kind of cypher/code that the kids use and has been printed in the back. One book has what I'm assuming is supposed to be like Morse Code. DD has been sitting here tapping rocks together trying to say things with the code. :disturbed::disturbed::disturbed::disturbed::disturbed::disturbed: I need to tap back "shhhh" or something...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter has been reading a spy kid type series of books and in each book there is some kind of cypher/code that the kids use and has been printed in the back. One book has what I'm assuming is supposed to be like Morse Code. DD has been sitting here tapping rocks together trying to say things with the code. :disturbed::disturbed::disturbed::disturbed::disturbed::disturbed: I need to tap back "shhhh" or something...
That sounds like a great book. I was a huge Nancy Drew fan in my preteen days. I still have a collection.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a great book. I was a huge Nancy Drew fan in my preteen days. I still have a collection.
She does seem to like mystery and suspense! I'm looking forward to giving her another Ted and Kara Dekker series at Christmas! He just released another youth series right after I bought this one too. :crazy: I think I have one Nancy Drew book in our Foyer/Library I should pull down for her. :redheartpump:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was never much of a Nancy Drew fan, she was a little too prissy for me...I did, however, LOVE Trixie Belden, total tomboy, and right up my alley!
Oh, I loved Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden, and The Bobbsey Twins. I was also a tomboy and George was my favorite character. My friend, Martha, and I would ask our parents for Nancy Drew books for our birthdays and Christmas and then we would trade them to each so we had a good supply of them. Also two brothers, Larry and Virgil, would let me read their Hardy Boy books and I would let them read my Nancy Drew books.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my mind... I'm going to look at a vintage camper tomorrow evening. The price is under my budget and it looks well maintained. The seller seems nice. I'm excited but also don't want to get carried away because I don't know how much work it'll need. 😅 So, since I'm not going anywhere for a while, I figured it wouldn't hurt to go back to the camper idea.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guy called up saying the PD I work for found his bike. We are located in VA but it was stolen from FL but the guy now lives in AL. Asked me to take some pictures of the bike to see if it was even worth going through the trouble of shipping it to him. He would have to pay for shipping so if the bike was trashed, he wasn't going to have it shipped. I asked for his email so I could send him pictures and it was an AOL.com account. I had no idea there were even still aol.com email accounts around.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Guy called up saying the PD I work for found his bike. We are located in VA but it was stolen from FL but the guy now lives in AL. Asked me to take some pictures of the bike to see if it was even worth going through the trouble of shipping it to him. He would have to pay for shipping so if the bike was trashed, he wasn't going to have it shipped. I asked for his email so I could send him pictures and it was an AOL.com account. I had no idea there were even still aol.com email accounts around.
I didn't think they were around any more either but they are. My DD has an AOL email. I see them at work too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sat in the exam room at my doctor's for 20 minutes today before I wondered why my kindle screen was so dim.... I was still wearing my sunglasses....:paperbag: Prescription ones. Which meant my glasses were in the car so I had to keep them on. If that didn't prove how I'd run in there... My mom got to my house to watch my kids right when I had to leave. She almost had to bring my kids to me at my doctor's so she could get to her next appointment; which was 45 minutes from here. Needless to say; neither of us got the best blood pressure readings. :flail:

Oh, I loved Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden, and The Bobbsey Twins. I was also a tomboy and George was my favorite character. My friend, Martha, and I would ask our parents for Nancy Drew books for our birthdays and Christmas and then we would trade them to each so we had a good supply of them. Also two brothers, Larry and Virgil, would let me read their Hardy Boy books and I would let them read my Nancy Drew books.
My friend in elementary school and I used to do that with The Babysitter's Club books. :redheartpump: Her mom bought her the majority though. She always shared with me. Those were the days!

I need to see if I can get ahold of any of the others everyone has mentioned. I know some are on Kindle and some are still in print. I was looking at The Sugar Creek Gang for the kids too. DS might not read it yet; but he probably will soon. He's reading more these days (which I LOVE). DH was not a reader so he doesn't have suggestions. I get some suggestions from friends; but I've had a few friends say that after they get out of the middle reader books the content can be questionable. And that was even from a non-religious friend. :nervous: Fortunately I'm finding some middle reader books that even have great reviews from adult readers.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't like being condescended to when I was a kid, and really didn't like being encouraged toward reading "girl books". But I still liked the books, lol. So I read them all. Nancy Drew AND Hardy Boys. The Babysitter's Club AND Bill Wallace. I noticed that a lot of Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys storylines overlap, which makes sense because they were written by the same ghostwriters.

Of the "boys books", I liked Bill Wallace books the best, I'd say they might be good for a 10-year-old? I read anything I could put my eyeballs on and didn't pay attention to age recommendations, so I probably read them around age 7 or 8. The Boxcar Children series is fairly gender-neutral. My nephew likes the Captain Underpants and Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, but I don't know if some parents consider those objectionable. Books directed towards boys do tend toward gross-out humor or horror stuff though.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't like being condescended to when I was a kid, and really didn't like being encouraged toward reading "girl books". But I still liked the books, lol. So I read them all. Nancy Drew AND Hardy Boys. The Babysitter's Club AND Bill Wallace. I noticed that a lot of Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys storylines overlap, which makes sense because they were written by the same ghostwriters.

Of the "boys books", I liked Bill Wallace books the best, I'd say they might be good for a 10-year-old? I read anything I could put my eyeballs on and didn't pay attention to age recommendations, so I probably read them around age 7 or 8. The Boxcar Children series is fairly gender-neutral. My nephew likes the Captain Underpants and Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, but I don't know if some parents consider those objectionable. Books directed towards boys do tend toward gross-out humor or horror stuff though.
I also read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. I have a whole bunch of Nancy Drew books that DH bought for me years ago. We found them in a thrift store. I don't have all of them but quite a few and some duplicates.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think my mother always read both. A lot of my friends kids will read Dav Pilkey's books regardless. DS isn't into Captain Underpants but DogMan is what finally got him reading. He also liked hearing a bit of Dav Pilkey's autobiography because he says how he had trouble in school (ADHD and Dyslexia) and that led him to create his books. DS liked hearing that someone who found school hard could do something he loves so much. It's encouraging for kids to hear that.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to look at the camper and it was great. The seller was so nice and is even willing to sell it to me for below asking. It looks to be in fair condition but it's going to need some work. The roof was leaking and she said she had someone come redo it and it hasn't since but now the sides are leaking. There is some water damage but it isn't extensive and shouldn't be too hard to fix. I'm just wondering if I should gut the whole thing... or not bother with it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.