Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My most recent was:

Hello, may I speak with Mrs. Surette?

This is she, but the last name has changed.

Oh. Well, this is Mr. Smith with XYZ Collections. We are calling about your debt with EZCheck.

I've never used EZCheck.

Well, ma'am, our records show that you borrowed $2,500 from EZCheck which was deposited to your bank account with WF Bank on September 3, 2013.

Hold a moment. No, I'm looking at my bank statements for August, September and October of 2013, and no such deposit was made.

Can you send me copies of those statements? (and my "I wasn't born yesterday either" grew wings and flew)

No, I cannot. However, I will be happy to meet you in small claims court with them. Have a good day.

I think the "gentleman" was shocked that I had those banks statements on hand, and could find them so quickly. Old ladies are not supposed to have all their financials saved in files on their computers! Honestly, normally I'd have deleted that file at the beginning of this year. I'll be holding on to it for a bit longer, i think.
Lately I've been getting the feeling that with all the "working from home" stuff of the last couple years a lot of people have concluded that the best way to work from home is to run phone scams. I've had numerous calls from "Publisher's Clearing House," "the FTC" (said they were holding my prize from PCH from a couple of years back and all I needed to do was pay the storage on it), "XCel Energy" (wanted to lower my monthly bill, all they needed was for me to tell them my bank account number), "Medicare," and probably a few I've forgotten. And they all seem to believe that if they can just talk to me long enough I'll suddenly lose my distrust and give them what they want. Even when I hang up on them they keep calling me back! And that doesn't include the email scams - I can't even count the number of emails I've received saying that I've ordered an iPhone from Amazon and I'd better click on the link if I want to cancel it.

I also get the feeling that they feel somehow "betrayed" because I'm in my late sixties but I'm not an easy mark. (poor dears:rolleyes3:).

Margret

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💝 Bless you and your husband for saving this poor dear girl.🥰 Would love to see some photos💖
We certainly could not leave the sweetheart outside! I do not want to let her too close to the rest of the cats until she sees the vet, but I have been letting her spend time in our bedroom so her smell is there and she can smell all the other cats.

We did decide to go with Verity Anathema Lethe. Verity because it is one of my favorite names and after the character Verity Blamey from "Poldark," who is played by the wonderful character actress Ruby Bentall. Anathema after the character of the same name in "Good Omens." And, Lethe from Greek mythology because we hope that she can forget the fear of being dumped and trying to survive with all the ferals. I tried to get more pictures, but she was very busy inspecting my room and watching the other cats who were on the floor watching her.

20211121_161005.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
We certainly could not leave the sweetheart outside! I do not want to let her too close to the rest of the cats until she sees the vet, but I have been letting her spend time in our bedroom so her smell is there and she can smell all the other cats.

We did decide to go with Verity Anathema Lethe. Verity because it is one of my favorite names and after the character Verity Blamey from "Poldark," who is played by the wonderful character actress Ruby Bentall. Anathema after the character of the same name in "Good Omens." And, Lethe from Greek mythology because we hope that she can forget the fear of being dumped and trying to survive with all the ferals. I tried to get more pictures, but she was very busy inspecting my room and watching the other cats who were on the floor watching her.

View attachment 402114
:bouquet: That is a beautiful name for a beautiful sweet girl :heartshape: :touched::catrub:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to cancel my trip this morning. I'm really disappointed and sad. I've been crying the past 3 hours. But I don't think travelling to Europe is safe sensible right now.
That sucks. I hope you were able to get refunds. Can you take a trip to a different province instead? It's not like crossing the Atlantic, but could at least give you a change of scenery?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
are we allowed to post our dogs? and Awww
I think there is a thread for other animals but since this this post is 'Whats on your mind' and if your dog is on your mind then my vote would be yes but I'm not a mod and don't want to get either of us scolded.
What do you think folks?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks. I hope you were able to get refunds. Can you take a trip to a different province instead? It's not like crossing the Atlantic, but could at least give you a change of scenery?
I got all my money back in the form of a voucher which can be used to put towards or fully pay for another plane ticket. I'm thinking about what I can do.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Margret Margret , yes, the effrontery of a little old lady, not rolling over and exposing her soft underbelly to scammers! Why, it's almost un-American! I've gotten a few from "Medicare" and "Social Security." They all say they need to update my information, and I tell them that as of their letter to me earlier this week, all information is correct, and have a nice day.. I hate that so many people get taken by these jerks. LOL, I also get occasional messages from "men" claiming that they saw my profile on XYZ, and I am lovely, and they are looking for a "good, God-fearing woman" like me. I ignore most of those, however, occasionally I am compelled to reply, "That's my CAT on my profile, you idiot, and it states clearly that I'm Pagan (safe bet...all my public profiles have Hek's pic, and almost all state I am Pagan). Go bark up someone else's tree."

Status
Not open for further replies.