The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would gate it or move it. Some things just aren’t worth it. Chose your battles right? :crazy: Otherwise it’s Susan’s suggestion. I was like that with DD and her dinner plate and things. I told her to hand them to me when she was done so many times the habit stuck after she was beyond high chair age.:lol: Like take it to the sink!:flail:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept taking her over to the nugget couch and bay window and was all "look, we set this up for you to climb here, baby. Use this!" But she was so upset about me not letting her climb on the tank.

I need to clear out some stuff from the cat room, but I think Myrtle will officially move for the time being. And now I'm really nervous about what J might do to a Christmas tree...

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This supply chain disruption is getting old. Poor Allie - we ran out of Pampers. Couldn't find either Pampers or Huggies anywhere in town. Had to settle for Luvs, which leak and break her out. She's gonna turn into a tube of desitin if i keep putting so much on her.

I really don't want to do cloth diapering, but it might become necessary. And that would be a big one time expense that we really can't afford at the moment. :argh:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm beginning to think I gave birth to a mountain goat or monkey instead of a baby.
LOL, it could have been somewhat worse. When my sister was 14 months old, she had a hinged, latching top to her crib, which my father made after the morning they woke up and she had climbed out, gone to the dining room, pushed a heavy, antique oak highchair through the dining room into the kitchen, positioned it next to the fridge, scaled it and was sitting on top of the fridge eating cookies when my parents found her. However, yours is not doing a bad job of gearing up to challenge her!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I kept taking her over to the nugget couch and bay window and was all "look, we set this up for you to climb here, baby. Use this!" But she was so upset about me not letting her climb on the tank.

I need to clear out some stuff from the cat room, but I think Myrtle will officially move for the time being. And now I'm really nervous about what J might do to a Christmas tree...
Sometimes I think their minds have trouble understanding why they can do something in one place but not another. Just like why can I throw a ball outside but not inside?

LOL, it could have been somewhat worse. When my sister was 14 months old, she had a hinged, latching top to her crib, which my father made after the morning they woke up and she had climbed out, gone to the dining room, pushed a heavy, antique oak highchair through the dining room into the kitchen, positioned it next to the fridge, scaled it and was sitting on top of the fridge eating cookies when my parents found her. However, yours is not doing a bad job of gearing up to challenge her!
My uncle went out his bedroom window and was sitting on the front steps one morning. My mother would get out of her crib and sleep under it. My poor Grandparents! :lol:

I was wishing for a crib lid back when DS was in that stage of getting out on his own. They had recalled crib tents. But with him; he probably would have figured that out too anyway. Knob covers for doors became a big savior for us. Although I did have to modify a few of those too. :lol: Smart babies give you gray hair! :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I kinda shudder at what my sister might have done, had she not died as an infant. She crawled at 4 months old, walked at 8 months, talked in full sentences at 12 months, and could read at 16 months. She'd have either saved the world, or destroyed it by the time she was in her 20s, I think. I also shudder to think what it would have been like growing up in her shadow...she was only 18 months older than I.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scariest thing my youngest did (other than turning blue at 7 days old and had to be flown to Washington DC for surgery) was to pull down an armoire that nearly squished him. For some reason, there was a Hot Wheel on top of the armoire. Son saw it and pulled out a drawer to climb up to get it. Needless to say, the armoire tipped and the huge TV that was on top of it went flying onto the bed and onto the floor. Luckily for my son, he was able to fall between the bed and armoire so he was completely safe.

I heard the crash and went running. Saw the armoire and TV and thought the worst. Then he came crawling out. I yelled at him and then hugged him profusely.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J pulled the rice cooker on her head (?) the other day while in her high chair next to the shelf, because we forgot to put the cord inside the pot and she was able to grab it while I was taking our dishes to the sink. Thankfully, it only grazed her. We've already bolted most climbable furniture to the walls.

I'm beginning to understand why people say the first birthday is really for the parents to celebrate keeping their baby alive the whole year. :lol:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I'm sorry to hear about your sister.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lari Lari A Dustbuster and wine make great first birthday presents too. :lol:

My bestie’s sister caught her Kitchen Aid as her son pulled it down. Those things are incredibly heavy. Its a miracle she caught it!

We had to put the magnetic locks on things to keep DS out. They were worth every penny! So was the Super Yard.:crazy:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH/DD's laptop is not connecting to the internet this morning and I'm really not feeling like fixing this. I need DH's password to get on and he's at work (and hasn't answered my text yet). :frustrated:

Apparently it auto-updated to Windows 11 and this is a known issue. I just do not feel up for this today. I might have to let her use my laptop for math. THIS is one reason why I resisted using anything online for schooling for so long. :frustrated:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan had his head glued shut before his second birthday. He was climbing on his trike, which was inside because of skeevy neighbors, and it tipped over. A wall vent had a corner that just barely protruded - I hadn't even noticed it. He hit just right to get a nice puncture in his temple and it wouldn't stop bleeding.

When he was about 9 months old, he stood in the bathtub and I didn't grab him in time. He went down, hitting his mouth on the side of the tub. So much blood. That's how I found out that he had a lip tie. It wasn't suspected because he nursed like a champ. The ER doctor told me a lot of ties are discovered when the child falls and tears them. So that was fun.

Allie hasn't done anything too bad, yet. Lots of head bumps from walking and climbing, but nothing serious. Oh, and she somehow chipped her front tooth. Dentist says it's a super minor chip - just a bit of enamel.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got DD online by connecting the laptop directly to the router with a cable. (That's really convenient strung across the room.) Then we went off to redeem my free coffee reward at Dunkin!

So then she sat there pouting because her math was hard and I don't get it either. (Watching someone teach math might as well be in Greek to me...) I was googling for videos and it did not help much. :lol: :cringe: Fortunately with her math program we can back up to ANY grade for review. I think going back helped and she seems less pouty at the moment... I won't poke to ask yet...

The moral of my story: DON'T TAKE THE WINDOWS 11 UPDATE! :crash:

Also I don't really care what the sum of all odd numbers between 1 and 100 is. I can't recall the last time not knowing that prevented me from adulting. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.