The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The State Farm/Bell LLC/BMV drama continues.

The police in our town like to pull people over in front of my house. It is almost daily. They had someone pulled over and were just about to leave when my daughter started to pull into my driveway. The cop decided to run her tag. Apparently, her license is suspended. We have no idea as to why since she paid the reinstatement fee on or around 18 Oct. Luckily, they did not impound her car, but they are making her leave it at my house. She starts STNA classes on Monday (She is a CNA.), so I am going to have to take the receipt and the paperwork to the courthouse for her to see if they will let us fix everything then rather than her go to court because it is on Wednesday at 8:30 am, a half an hour after the start of her class 45 minutes away from the courthouse. What a mess.

The police officer is one of the newer ones in the village, so I had not met him before tonight. Thankfully, he was nice. They all tend to be nice here. (We have six officers total.) I had gone outside with Hobbit while she was talking to the officer, and he gave Hobbit a little badge sticker.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i had a fun time at walmart with mamanyt1953 this morning ... now to kick back and relax
And mamanyt had a fun time right back! We found the perfect shade of purple, BTW, and will apply it tomorrow night after the trick-or-treaters have gone home for the evening. I eyeballed a box of "Midnight Garnet" that was very appealing, but just couldn't bring myself to commit to the upkeep!

My Christmas shopping is officially done :santa:
Mine is, almost. I still have to get everything together, and then measure what size the packages will be, head back to Walmart and buy shipping boxes! Wrapping and shipping is all that is left!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoy your Halloween festivities!

Halloween is often being blamed for causing the decline in local customs.
In England, bonfire night (fireworks night) is fizzling out owing to the very commercial introduction of Halloween.

In Germany, where I now live, local St Martin's Day processions of children with lanterns following St Martin on horseback to a large bonfire where the traditional breadmen with clay pipes and sweets are distributed, are hard to find. In larger towns it is impossible to organise a fair distribution of goodies to the children, so, similar to Halloween, the children would go from door to door singing songs about St Martin, lanterns and sun, wind and stars and receiving sweets, fruit and even money. Lanterns and candles were displayed in windows when the processions went by. Usually, local schools and kindergartens have their own processions but unfortuntely the custom is dying out - nobody willing to be St Martin, no bands offering their services to accompany the singing. The shops are full of Halloween costumes but no selection of lanterns for those who didn't manage to make their own.

In our village we still collect money to pay for the music, the baker and the sweets. The voluntary fire brigade controls the traffic, the procession and is responsible for the fire. (Our "St Martin" is hopefully still in prison! :yess: Well he did try to kill his wife and daughter!)

There are no young children at my end of the village so the processions will not come past my house! For adults, restaurants will be serving the traditional roast goose (Martinsgans) with red cabbage and dumplings.

I hope no-one comes knocking on my door this evening for Halloween. A lot of damage to property has occurred in past years when the beggars don't get what they thought they deserved. Later in the month, I will probably open the door if a group of children singing one of the St Martin's songs turns up - even if it is:

"Here lives a rich man, who can give us something.....Don't let us wait too long...."

saint Martin.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a dry but nippy upper 40’s today, not the best Halloween temps but definitely not the worst. At least I won’t need to keep a heater running in the doorway so I don’t freeze while handing out candy. Wrong door is blocked, decorations are all up and all
54E269C6-0D9C-4BAE-B79C-F185A4CD5B37.jpeg
960DA369-3168-44E0-9883-B044A2A395E5.jpeg
17D9AA1B-8603-4D5C-818D-606CD13866D8.jpeg
that’s left to do outside is turn the lights on. Inside the candy is ready, enough for 100 counted out and enough for another 50 or so if need be. Hope everyone has a fun Halloween!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I accidentally took a 3 hour nap. :paperbag: I was tired all day but we had church, picked up groceries and then had to go back because they forgot the bags with almost all the produce and went for a walk. I was just going to read with the tv on in my room. The next thing I knew it was the kids and DH’s bedtime!

I missed dinner and everything. And now I’m not sure what to do with myself. I’m still kinda sleepy. A little hungry… But I don’t want to be up all night either.:doh:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I've been gone for ages. I blame covid - my depression and anxiety got to the point where I just wasn't functioning other than handling all the important stuff. I took care of the kids and cats, of course, but everything else was just too much.

I'm on a new anxiety medication and my antidepressant will probably change after I see how much the new med is helping.

Anyway, Aedan started preschool. I can hardly believe it. I cried his first day. Allie is growing like a weed. She's walking - and running - and somehow chipped a tooth. Not sure how - she's officially a toddler, which means she falls a lot. She has a dentist's appointment Wednesday to make sure it's not going to cause any problems, but she isn't in pain.

We had all 3 kids for Halloween. Poor Aislyn kept getting mistaken for a boy because her mother couldn't be bothered to help her brush her hair and chop it all off. She was a wolf. Aedan was the Mandalorian and Allie was Baby Yoda (aka Grogu). They were all so cute!

And Aedan had to get glasses. Getting him to wear them has been a bit of a challenge, but he just got thyme Friday. We're working on it. He can't wear them full time right away because his eyes need to adjust. 20211031_200304.jpg 20211031_165309.jpg received_1602029460140091.jpeg received_209681264622404.jpeg 20211028_163027.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I've been gone for ages. I blame covid - my depression and anxiety got to the point where I just wasn't functioning other than handling all the important stuff. I took care of the kids and cats, of course, but everything else was just too much.

I'm on a new anxiety medication and my antidepressant will probably change after I see how much the new med is helping.

Anyway, Aedan started preschool. I can hardly believe it. I cried his first day. Allie is growing like a weed. She's walking - and running - and somehow chipped a tooth. Not sure how - she's officially a toddler, which means she falls a lot. She has a dentist's appointment Wednesday to make sure it's not going to cause any problems, but she isn't in pain.

We had all 3 kids for Halloween. Poor Aislyn kept getting mistaken for a boy because her mother couldn't be bothered to help her brush her hair and chop it all off. She was a wolf. Aedan was the Mandalorian and Allie was Baby Yoda (aka Grogu). They were all so cute!

And Aedan had to get glasses. Getting him to wear them has been a bit of a challenge, but he just got thyme Friday. We're working on it. He can't wear them full time right away because his eyes need to adjust. View attachment 400248View attachment 400249View attachment 400250View attachment 400251View attachment 400252
So cute!!! Sorry about the anxiety and depression. Glad you're back.💖 :hugs:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
well its 1227pm here and im the only one awake right now lol
hoping that my hair is the color that i was hoping for :vibes:
In my defence, I ate, then dozed off for an hour. My house is a Free-Nap Zone!!!

Today, the hair is looking far more purple, for some reason. We're going back to Walmart on Thursday afternoon, so we can decide whether to pick up another package of Splat one I've seen it in the sunlight.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our big tree that was trimmed up this summer has a big broken branch again. We had a lot of wind the other day and a lot of little sticks came down. We haven't lost leaves off that tree yet or even had them turn color. Yesterday I was sitting at the table and I noticed a section hanging straight down that looks really heavy with leaves. And yup...it's all splintered at one point very high up. I don't think we can remove it without calling a tree company again. Fortunately it's not the whole limb and there are leafed branches below where it broke; so I think once that is removed it'll be ok.

I think I'm more disappointed that that heavy tree thinning didn't stop that from happening. But I guess all the weight is at the end of that long long limb. :ohwell:

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

And Aedan had to get glasses. Getting him to wear them has been a bit of a challenge, but he just got thyme Friday. We're working on it. He can't wear them full time right away because his eyes need to adjust. View attachment 400248View attachment 400249View attachment 400250View attachment 400251View attachment 400252
Love baby Yoda!

Something weird has been on my mind today. What do cats think when we scoop their box and take out their solids? Sometimes if I do it right after he goes he watches me very intently and I wonder what he's thinking.

No Halloween here as the hurricane was still somewhat possibly going to hit (it didn't get to landfall, just grazed the coast with some heavy storms and back out to sea it went). Kids at school were very disappointed, first year we had to cancel their party! Even with covid last year we were able to do it (outside on rooftop terrace, Sicily is usually warm enough for that this time of year). They'll perk up with the candy we had got them though -they'll still get some this week anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.