The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I think you are just overwhelmed. I really do.. You are tired... tired of doing you best for J and not seeing results.. That is only natural. You are tired of depriving yourself of things, and not seeing a positive affect in J... It is frustrating..

You are an awesome mom.. Depriving yourself, trying so hard to help your daughter! (((hugs))):redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: love to you.. J is so fortunate to have you as her mom.. I mean it.

Is having pink cheeks a sign of an intolerance or allergy?? In my case, I do not think so..
In my own personal experience, it shows up as excessive gas, and soft poops or diarrhea...
So do not feel defeated...

J may just be tired of the muffins.

If things get too tough for you, I think you know what to do: perhaps wean her off of breast milk.. and try non dairy milk on her; along with non dairy food. It may make it a bit easier for you to try the challenges...

I think I am understanding.. but I may not be... sorry if I am just saying the wrong thing.. ((hugs))

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct artiemom artiemom thanks. I mostly feel defeated trying to get her to eat this stupid muffin. Eczema can be an intolerance sign, so even though her diapers have been good, I'm still worried she's failing. I can't tell if it's eczema or her cheeks are just rosy because she's been getting more food on them/teething/drool rash. We're going to the pediatrician on Friday for her second flu shot, so I'll ask about her cheeks then.

I swear if she fails this step when I try again in three months I'm going straight to step 2/butter, because I can mix that up and put it on different things.

I love our breastfeeding relationship, even if she gets silly and tries to bite sometimes, and I'm not going to give it up until she's ready. Most days I'm okay with the dairy and fish free life. I think it's hard seeing a potential light of being able to have baked dairy, but the possibility of failing and this struggle being for nothing, and also having to fight to get her to eat enough muffin every day (days 1-3 were pretty easy, 4 was harder, and yesterday was a huge struggle, as is today).

I got enough muffin in her that I'm counting it. One more day, and she seemed the biggest fan with the pb, so I'm going to slice it and spread pb on it tomorrow.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it was the last day of muffins. She didn't eat the whole amount, but a good 2/3 of it? I'm counting it. The one group I'm in would say it's not good enough, but it can't really make that much difference between a pass and fail, can it? Now onto a three day wait and continued diaper watch. I put a pic of her cheeks in the other one of my dairy free groups, and they seem to think it looks like a teething rash and not a dairy reaction. I may stay with baked milk a little longer, like give her some of my husband's white bread, instead of going straight to butter just to be 100% sure, but hopefully we're going to pass step one. 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to double post.

Not having a great day. J was up like every 90 minutes last night, and the ped I saw thinks in between the cheek rash (though there is a bump for tooth 2), and an iffy diaper, this is either a step 1 fail or a mistrial. She says I could try again in a few weeks once things have cleared up to see if I get the same reaction to know for sure, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be up for that or just try again in three months. There's more than one step 1 recipe, so I think if I do it again, I'll waste a ton of food and make three different recipes so she doesn't get bored of one thing. I'll even use sugar instead of applesauce so she likes it better.

Maybe I'll have better luck trying fish in December.

Ugh, I just had to jump up and chase her because I forgot to lock the babygates after feeding her (she slept for 10 min in the car so a nap's not happening now) and spilled coffee on the couch. I kind of hate today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Things are about to get busier with the holidays. Maybe waiting till after those would be easier? One less thing on your plate? Maybe in a few weeks you'll feel ok with trying again. Giving yourself a little mental break from it might help a lot. :hugs:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things are about to get busier with the holidays. Maybe waiting till after those would be easier? One less thing on your plate? Maybe in a few weeks you'll feel ok with trying again. Giving yourself a little mental break from it might help a lot. :hugs:
I'm thinking right now I might just try fish in the beginning of December (six months after cutting it and in between holidays) and hold off dairy until the new year. If she can handle fish, it would also open my diet up a bit (I miss sushi!) and make things slightly easier. I'm not going to make any final decisions today, though.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled out my black cat accessories for Halloween Stroller Strides tomorrow because that's the easiest costume I have to work out in, and someone had fun with the ears.
1029212032b~2.jpg

Pardon the tape on my dresser. Lelia used to play with them in the middle of the night when she was a kitten and wake me up, and I never took it off, lol.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand why you cover that sweet face but I sure would like to see it. I used to put tape on my kitchen cabinets when I had my cats. I was afraid they would jump off the counter and get there paws caught in the handles.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anyone know what a women's small or medium size t shirt or sweater is in a unisex size? I need to order something online but the sizes are unisex and I'm not which size to order. I don't want to order too small and not be able to wear the item and I also don't want to order too big and be swimming in the item. The unisex sizes run from extra small to extra large.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know what a women's small or medium size t shirt or sweater is in a unisex size? I need to order something online but the sizes are unisex and I'm not which size to order. I don't want to order too small and not be able to wear the item and I also don't want to order too big and be swimming in the item. The unisex sizes run from extra small to extra large.
I would try googling unisex sizes to see if there is an equivalency chart out there somewhere.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually mens' (and "unisex") sizes are 2 above womens' sizes, but no guarantee on what that specific company means by unisex.

I have no idea what company makes these clothes. I only have a list of clothing items and unisex sizes to order from. I think I'll order a medium t shirt and if it's too big I can just wear it as a pajama shirt. For the fleece I'll get small and hope it's not too big :crossfingers: I have a unisex sweatshirt from a job long ago that is a medium and it's two sizes too big. Comfy to wear around the house in the winter, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.