The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out to a brunch today for our summer Bocce teams... It was a good time' I really enjoyed myself. I could not believe that my friend, the head of Bocce; gave me a special award, and clued me put for appreciation for helping Fiume put things together... I am really shocked... I just did it because he is a friend of mine...

Went to the "Bar" after, with a couple fo Bocce Friends for a couple of drinks... Then up to a friends apartment to help her with a quick computer fix....

A really great day. all around...

It felt good to go out, have fun, wear new clothes---lots 7 pounds... Yes, new clothes.. and new boot/shoes... felt as if I looked good...

All in all a positive day......

Finally!!!!!!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out to a brunch today for our summer Bocce teams... It was a good time' I really enjoyed myself. I could not believe that my friend, the head of Bocce; gave me a special award, and clued me put for appreciation for helping Fiume put things together... I am really shocked... I just did it because he is a friend of mine...

Went to the "Bar" after, with a couple fo Bocce Friends for a couple of drinks... Then up to a friends apartment to help her with a quick computer fix....

A really great day. all around...

It felt good to go out, have fun, wear new clothes---lots 7 pounds... Yes, new clothes.. and new boot/shoes... felt as if I looked good...

All in all a positive day......

Finally!!!!!!
artiemom artiemom thats really cool . congrats

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a Fed Ex notice saying my Chewy order will be delivered tomorrow ”before 6:45 am”. No idea they delivered that early. So I guess I am getting up around 6:00 am just to make sure I can bring the box in as soon as it arrives.
Up at 6:00 am. No fed ex truck and in fact it doesn’t even seem to be out for delivery yet…of course I can’t get back to sleep.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe they are preparing for the holiday rush already? The only time I've heard of delivery companies working that kind of hours is when they are extremely backed up. By law drivers can only be on the road for so many hours and have to be off the clock a certain number in between shifts too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Well, it may be raining when you get here, but from what I'm seeing it will only be the one day. The rest looks good...cool but not cold, and no rain. The ferals and Miss Hek are looking forward to meeting you!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Well, it may be raining when you get here, but from what I'm seeing it will only be the one day. The rest looks good...cool but not cold, and no rain. The ferals and Miss Hek are looking forward to meeting you!
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 i cant wait to meet them too !

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For some reason I often accidentally refer to people doctors as “the vet.” As in: I was just going to message a friend but then I remembered “oh shes at the vet now.” :paperbag:

Pretty sure the MD/DOs/etc out there would take exception to being called DVMs!:flail:

It started with the pediatrician after my first was born but I guess its not just them!:lol2:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason I often accidentally refer to people doctors as “the vet.” As in: I was just going to message a friend but then I remembered “oh shes at the vet now.” :paperbag:

Pretty sure the MD/DOs/etc out there would take exception to being called DVMs!:flail:

It started with the pediatrician after my first was born but I guess its not just them!:lol2:
Actually, it may be the other way around. I know doctors who started out to become vets and switched to human med school because it's easier to learn about just one species.
* * *​
I had a scary phone call this morning. Caller ID said it was a local number. The guy on the other end had a very strong accent (just like all those guys who keep telling me I've won the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes) and said he was from Medicare, calling about the new Medicare card they're sending out to everyone. (Note: To the best of my knowledge this isn't happening.) He told me my name, complete with middle initial, my husband's name and age, and my date of birth. DOB is identity theft information; I don't share it anywhere, except for my doctor, pharmacist, and bank! When I have to give a DOB to sign up for something online I'll give the correct year (some sites have a legitimate interest in knowing a user's age) but the wrong day.

I called the local S.S. office (because Medicare is administered by Social Security) and they said that Medicare doesn't call people out of the blue; it was a scam or attempted scam, exactly as I thought. But that means there's a criminal out there who has identity theft information about me, and I'm not at all sure what to do about it.

I did copy the phone number down, and since he didn't bother to spoof a genuine government number there's a reasonably good chance it was his genuine phone number, I think, but I'm not sure what I should do with the information.

Margret

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret I thank no the call originate from somewhere besides the phone number displayed.

There are apps out there which can ”spoof” legit telephone numbers.

One time, after my Dad died, I got a phone call from my home number. It was eerie seeing my number come up on caller ID.

As far as getting your information; there is a good chance it is for sale on the “dark” web.
Remember the Experian Fays Breach???
My info got out there.

It is frightening.

What to do? I do not h the hunk you can do anything. No legit telephone number, etc. so no tracking available. It is a shame we have to go through this.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, it may be the other way around. I know doctors who started out to become vets and switched to human med school because it's easier to learn about just one species.
* * *​
I had a scary phone call this morning. Caller ID said it was a local number. The guy on the other end had a very strong accent (just like all those guys who keep telling me I've won the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes) and said he was from Medicare, calling about the new Medicare card they're sending out to everyone. (Note: To the best of my knowledge this isn't happening.) He told me my name, complete with middle initial, my husband's name and age, and my date of birth. DOB is identity theft information; I don't share it anywhere, except for my doctor, pharmacist, and bank! When I have to give a DOB to sign up for something online I'll give the correct year (some sites have a legitimate interest in knowing a user's age) but the wrong day.

I called the local S.S. office (because Medicare is administered by Social Security) and they said that Medicare doesn't call people out of the blue; it was a scam or attempted scam, exactly as I thought. But that means there's a criminal out there who has identity theft information about me, and I'm not at all sure what to do about it.

I did copy the phone number down, and since he didn't bother to spoof a genuine government number there's a reasonably good chance it was his genuine phone number, I think, but I'm not sure what I should do with the information.

Margret
I would call the Police and make a report just in case there is fraud committed under your name. Call your credit card companies and bank and let them know so they can check for possible fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.