The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to get up way early this morning because Lola was screaming before 6:30 am to be let out of her room. Usually she doesn’t wake up until around 8:00 so I looked at her video cam and SIX times before 6:30 Willow had walked up and peeked in Lola’s room. She apparently finally got Lola’s attention and then sat and growled at her for a while. Both better be on better behavior tonight.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling stupid as heck... Just fell for the first scam of my life. Thankfully from online discussion the information I gave are not too important, but it still makes me feel very paranoid and vulnerable now.
It happens easier than you think possible. Sometimes they just sound so real. At least it hasn’t cost you anything.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought more home decor. I have a problem. As a minimalist, I shouldn't do this but there is something about seasonal decor that I can't ever have enough. I do purge some because I either don't use it or bought something I like better but geez...it's getting nuts. :lol: My family is starting to make comments about new things being added in. I got an alert saying the couple of Halloween decor I bought a few days ago arrived. At least I know I have plenty of Winter/Christmas decor and won't be buying any more. I really need to shop around Easter time though. I hate pastels and that is mostly what my Spring/Easter decor is but I did see some earth toned decor that I might "need" to get in a few months. :blush:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought more home decor. I have a problem. As a minimalist, I shouldn't do this but there is something about seasonal decor that I can't ever have enough. I do purge some because I either don't use it or bought something I like better but geez...it's getting nuts. :lol: My family is starting to make comments about new things being added in. I got an alert saying the couple of Halloween decor I bought a few days ago arrived. At least I know I have plenty of Winter/Christmas decor and won't be buying any more. I really need to shop around Easter time though. I hate pastels and that is mostly what my Spring/Easter decor is but I did see some earth toned decor that I might "need" to get in a few months. :blush:
Consider thrift store shopping. Great decor at cheap price And because you didn’t pay much for it it’s easier to get rid of it when you are tired of it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Consider thrift store shopping. Great decor at cheap price And because you didn’t pay much for it it’s easier to get rid of it when you are tired of it.
Oh, I'm not worried about spending money nor any guilt about getting rid of it. The stuff I buy isn't that expensive in the first place so tossing it is fine.

In my quest to declutter the last few years, I have tossed many expensive things without a bat of the eye. I have no mercy nor sentimental attachment to things. My husband spends money on old hot rods and fixing them up. I spend money on decor. Trust me, if we add up who spends more.... it's definitely him. I have never bought something for $14,000 on my lunch hour before. He has!!!

We really don't have any bills and pay for everything in cash. House has been paid off for a few years so not even a mortgage. Heck, we did a whole home remodel and still stayed debt free!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a hard time resisting home decor. Especially since we’ve been stuck at home so much; it really makes things feel fresh and cheerful.

I absolutely love my fall stuff in the kitchen/dining area where I spend most of my time. I added a fall garland to the livingroom this year and now the foyer looks neglected. :rolleyes2:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a hard time resisting home decor. Especially since we’ve been stuck at home so much; it really makes things feel fresh and cheerful.

I absolutely love my fall stuff in the kitchen/dining area where I spend most of my time. I added a fall garland to the livingroom this year and now the foyer looks neglected. :rolleyes2:
As long as Boone and Gracie leave stuff alone, I will keep having it out. I did throw out some things that had little styrofoam berries on it because I didn't want to take a chance of them eating it. I tried cutting the berries off but then the whole thing looked pretty bare so they got tossed. I don't really have much of a personality so at least my kids will remember me as the mom who loved to decorate for every season.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wanting my postage stamps to hurry up ... i have to get my pen pal letters mailed soon
I don't buy stamps often because we do most of our bills online, but I've always been able to buy them at the cash register at the grocery store. That might work out better than ordering them and waiting for them to come in the mail if you're okay with generic stamps.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't buy stamps often because we do most of our bills online, but I've always been able to buy them at the cash register at the grocery store. That might work out better than ordering them and waiting for them to come in the mail if you're okay with generic stamps.
I only buy stamps to mail out Christmas cards. I still have some from last Christmas that will get used up this Christmas. I normally buy a couple books of stamps because I send out a lot of cards and will have a couple left over just in case I need to mail something but that rarely happens.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those little berries used to drive me nuts. Mooch doesn’t bother with them and she can’t jump anymore; but Noodles was a ribbon/string chewer so I was always making sure none had fallen off. Just in case! Plus when the kids were little.
I had to rethink a lot of my decor because I was used to older cats (both 16) and they didn't jump on anything or really mess with anything. I have been really lucky that Boone and Gracie will check stuff out and then leave it alone. My anxiety was through the roof when it was time to put up the Christmas tree last year but other than chewing on the little branches at the bottom, they left it alone for the most part. Speaking of Christmas, I already bought their presents and have them downstairs waiting to be wrapped. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to rethink a lot of my decor because I was used to older cats (both 16) and they didn't jump on anything or really mess with anything. I have been really lucky that Boone and Gracie will check stuff out and then leave it alone. My anxiety was through the roof when it was time to put up the Christmas tree last year but other than chewing on the little branches at the bottom, they left it alone for the most part. Speaking of Christmas, I already bought their presents and have them downstairs waiting to be wrapped. :lol:
The cats did good with our Christmas tree last year. This year I'm worried about the baby trying to climb it! :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes Mooch is 16 so we haven't had kittens around in years!! Before Mooch and Noodles I always had cats that left the tree alone. But even now Mooch chews the branches. And pukes. :cringe: So last year I got some foam board and made a barricade just high enough to keep her from chewing. I covered it in really cute Christmas Cat wrapping paper I found at Target. It worked well and should last a while.

When the girls were young the first year I didn't even get to decorate the tree because Noodles was up it and I found her with a bulb in her mouth right away. The next year I tried to put it in my office but no one saw it. Then i finally got a tabletop size tree I could move every night or when we were at work. :rolleyes2: Thankfully I don't have to do anything like that now. But I do think about getting a kitten or puppy in the future and how that will go! I do have a super yard from when the kids were little but that doesn't stop cats! :lol:

Lari Lari There are some super cute baby trees!! I've seen felt DIY ones that she can play with. My cousin has a Little Tykes type tree her kids loved. That won't keep her out of the tree; but I'd want it anyway! :lol:

While we are on this Christmas talk... I just bought DD's first Christmas present. :lol: She's been reading like crazy so I ordered her a Ted Dekker middle reader series he wrote with one of his daughters. It was cheaper to buy the whole set directly from his site so I just got it all. The Dream Traveler's Quest (For Ages 7-12) DH got her this one last year and she liked it. It expanded her horizons in reading that's for sure. Her expressions were so funny! Millie Maven - Overview

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We already bought J a baby balance bike for Christmas.

I'm thinking of doing the:
Something you want (bike)
Something you need (convertible car seat)
Something to wear (shoes? A snowsuit and boots set?)
Something to read (I love the Babylit collection, so maybe a couple of those, or some touch and feel books)
And something small from Santa (I'm thinking a pop it toy - they seem pretty popular with the toddlers at Stroller Strides)

Then I just have to come up with gifts for others to give her and figure out her birthday.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We already bought J a baby balance bike for Christmas.

I'm thinking of doing the:
Something you want (bike)
Something you need (convertible car seat)
Something to wear (shoes? A snowsuit and boots set?)
Something to read (I love the Babylit collection, so maybe a couple of those, or some touch and feel books)
And something small from Santa (I'm thinking a pop it toy - they seem pretty popular with the toddlers at Stroller Strides)

Then I just have to come up with gifts for others to give her and figure out her birthday.
That’s a good way of doing it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS has one of those from his godparents. They are fun to sit and fiddle with. We had several handmade type games when the kids were little. Like for fine motor exercises and stuff. It was nice because it cost next to nothing to make play stuff for them. :crazy: When DD started school we used a lot of those to keep DS entertained and make him feel like he was participating in school too. He was so cute back then; sitting in a high chair "working" along by playing with clothes pins, pompoms and milk jug caps. :redheartpump: I miss doing those things sometimes.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always brought my stamps at the grocery store. Anything to avoid the long lines and rude people at the post office. Whenever there was going to be a increase in postage I would buy about 10 packs so I would not have to pay the increase for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.