The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie was locked in a room downstairs all night. Oldest decided to do some laundry around 10pm last night. Not sure when the last time he was down there but around 5am I kept hearing banging down there. I thought it was Gracie and the black cat going at each other through the sliding glass door.

I got up and opened my window to see if that would chase him off. I didn't hear anything. I went to the top of the stairs and Boone came running up and then back down. Then I thought I heard faint meows. My husband sleeps down there and I didn't want to go down and scare him but the thought of her maybe being locked in that room worried me.

I finally decided to go down with a flashlight. I opened the door to that room and there she was!! Of course then Boone had to run into that room. I chased them both out and they followed me upstairs. I gave Gracie some love and told her I hope she didn't go potty down there but would understand if she did.

We all went into my room and both cats ended up using the litter boxes and then chased each other back downstairs again. But at least I know she is ok. I also texted my oldest that he had locked Gracie in that room all night.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here. I can't wait for the cold weather!
I'm not because I don't want to put away J's cute summer clothes, lol!

Look, I found this cute Flashdance inspired get up, and both the shorts and shirt are too big despite being size 6-9 months. But when she fits well into them, it'll be out of season. Though I can probably pair the shirt with long pants for another month or so at least.
1011211733a_HDR~2.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep telling my kids to wear their shorts while its still warm enough. But then it just keeps staying warm. I’m not complaining! I am not reasonable for any kind of freezing weather! :lol: Mooch would be happy for lap time though!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The doctor during my appointment today said he doesn't think I have a thyroid issue because it was only slightly elevated above normal. And the symptoms I'm describing aren't matching up. He also said my pituitary gland is functioning normally. So, he asked me if I'm stressed out at home but I don't know if stress can really cause all these symptoms. I have my cardiology appointment tomorrow to check up on my heart.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stress can cause a myriad of issues! But its prudent to check everything out.

My stepsister’s friend lived with my family for a while after her dad remarried maybe a year to 18 months after her mother passed away. My mother sat with her in the ER several times over cardiac symptoms. It turned out that it was basically grief and anxiety over the upheaval she’d experienced. It’s been over 15 years and she’s doing great. To my knowledge none of those symptoms hung around once they found the root.

Status
Not open for further replies.