The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Content warning: child murder, prison, etc.

Recently, a woman was released from the state women's prison on parole, after being convicted of murdering her 3-year-old daughter in 1987. She got angry and frustrated and hit/stabbed the child with a metal toy airplane like 70 times. But in the article, they mentioned that, at the time, because the mother claimed she didn't do it, the state Attorney General at the time briefly pursued investigating it as "a cult ritual murder".

Lol! The "Satanic Panic" of the '80s was a real trip. I'm not sure how people could have thought "yes, here in Huron, SD, we have a small child who was stabbed to death in her own home, and even though we know that child murders are almost always committed by an angry/frustrated parent who was punishing the child excessively, and nobody in the area knows of any local satanic murder cults, we honestly think that a satanic cult broke into their house and committed a ritual murder that involved stabbing a child with a toy airplane, for some reason". What a weird thing to think. Maybe they were all on cocaine.

The '80s were a weird time.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind... wondering how I'm going to catch up. In one of my classes, a guy I was in a group with left the program without informing anyone and was ignoring our messages. I contacted the instructor and she told me he dropped out. We got extra time to finish but pushing this assignment has thrown off my schedule. I was on top of things until this. :ohwell:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind... wondering how I'm going to catch up. In one of my classes, a guy I was in a group with left the program without informing anyone and was ignoring our messages. I contacted the instructor and she told me he dropped out. We got extra time to finish but pushing this assignment has thrown off my schedule. I was on top of things until this. :ohwell:
you can do it! your tough, your smart

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes:beetrayed by a spider the other night i got bit while sleepng and my arm is all swollen and itchy there nowtime to start having the bug guy spray around out side
What is the theory about spiders and sleeping?? People swallow 10 spiders while sleeping yearly... or something like that. Count yourself lucky that it bit you and didn't crawl in your mouth.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the theory about spiders and sleeping?? People swallow 10 spiders while sleeping yearly... or something like that. Count yourself lucky that it bit you and didn't crawl in your mouth.
:lol:better a spider than a fly just thinking about all the stuff a fly lands/crawls around all day on then to swallow one or have it go into your mouth:barfgreen::lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:better a spider than a fly just thinking about all the stuff a fly lands/crawls around all day on then to swallow one or have it go into your mouth:barfgreen::lol:
I heard that every time a fly lands, it either vomits or uses the bathroom. Not sure if it's true but it's horrifying to think it is.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got an email this morning from vet saying they are launching a 24/7 chat option through their app. Any concerns, just click on the app and you are able to talk to a vet professional. Hopefully that works better than their "text us" option. Texted them on Friday about Gracie having a bout of diarrhea first thing in the morning for the last 3 days and never got a response.
Well, the 24/7 chat option blows. I reached out this morning because Gracie is still having random bouts of diarrhea. Got a vet tech which wasn't surprising but he basically said he can't give out medical advice over chat and to call my vet's office. Umm... then what is this chat option for if not for medical advice when you can't speak to your vet??? I'm not saying I expected it to be a full on medical diagnosis but to get some clarity and temporary help until I could speak to a vet. :ohwell:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am feeling todays COVID booster shot - headachy, sore throat coming on etc. Did a quick store run for soup and a few quick food things and now I am hitting the sofa. The girls spent the whole day out, mostly hissing and making idle threats at one another so they are both conked out for the rest of the night as well.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes:beetrayed by a spider the other night i got bit while sleepng and my arm is all swollen and itchy there nowtime to start having the bug guy spray around out side
I would use a damp cloth to clean underneath and behind your bed and then change all your bedding. Tiny tiny baby spiders seem to be the ones that do much of the nighttime biting.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am feeling todays COVID booster shot - headachy, sore throat coming on etc. Did a quick store run for soup and a few quick food things and now I am hitting the sofa. The girls spent the whole day out, mostly hissing and making idle threats at one another so they are both conked out for the rest of the night as well.
susanm9006 susanm9006 aww im sorry that you are not feeling good ... feel better soon my friend

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I "hate" it when I'm hitting a good part of a book and I have to make myself stop reading because I know I can't get caught up in it at the moment. :sigh: :rolleyes2:

On the up side; I left DS doing a writing assignment when I needed to use the bathroom. I told him "Lets see if you can get 3 done while I'm gone... ... I dout you can get to 5..." He had about 10 to go. When I came back in the room he had a cheeky grin on his face and was finishing the 8th one. :flail:It just proves; he's motivated when he wants to be. :rolleyes2: He does seem to be doing better when he and I work 1 on 1. DD has been in her room or outside and Mooch was asleep; so no one was distracting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.