The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're nursing! Deffinitely go easy on yourself. Sometimes pictures just don't show the best angle. Sometimes it's our clothes. Especialy plus size stuff. They had all these peasant style tops out and I was like NOPE. People will think I'm pregnant. That's not a good look on me. :lol:

I've never been one to know how to pose for a photo. I'm always trying to figure out how to not emphasize the family chin (which I had even when I was thin). My strategy of standing behind my kids no longer works either. DD is taller than me. :lol: And a size 0/2... :rolleyes2:

BFF had it; which is somewhat common after chemo, and she was miserable with nerve pain. That's deffinitley one ot avoid!

I'm so glad we live in a time where my kids were able to skip even the whole chicken pox right of passage in childhood. :crazy:
Santa gave me chicken pox for Christmas when I was about 7. Needless to say, I gave Santa a piece of my mind the following Christmas. :mad2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Life and schooling with preteens....

DD and I were doing history this afternoon and I was was explaining what a dynasty is. So she says "I remember Duck Dynasty." And so I roll with it and say "Yes; It's like how Phil Robertson started their duck calls and then Willie took over building thier business..." And DD says "Wait? Is his name Duck!?"

:thud:

:crackup:

I laughed so hard I couldn't stop!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol:one of my best friends from child hood just dropped a brain teaser onto me his daughter is having her sweet16 this december as one of her non blood related uncles she has known her whole life what the heck am i supposed to buy for her??:shocked:i need help?
Get her one of those tree shapped air fresheners and a Hotwheels. Put the air freshener in a card and tell her that her real present is in the driveway....where you've parked the Hotwheels.

Oooh.... and be sure to get her up really really early to give it to her. It's best if she's not fully awake for this gift.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol:i cant afford to buy her a real car:flail:and her dad isno help at all i txted him and asked whats she into? he sent back i have no clue:rolleyes:
Hotwheels are $.97!! :lol:

I usually just start giving cash gifts by that age. I did find a silver pendant with my niece’s birthstone for a milestone birthday. That was around $30 on Amazon. Its not high quality but it wasn’t junk either. I bet you could find something like that in topaz.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hotwheels are $.97!! :lol:

I usually just start giving cash gifts by that age. I did find a silver pendant with my niece’s birthstone for a milestone birthday. That was around $30 on Amazon. Its not high quality but it wasn’t junk either. I bet you could find something like that in topaz.
:lol:i did find out her animal on the chinese calendar and was thinking to buy a jade pendant for her but gf said what 16 year old girl is gonna want to wear a rooster around her neck :lol: so gonna have to check out the birthstone idea then:rolleyes:she should have been born a boy so my gift shopping would be easier:lol:a new rod n reel set up with a fishing trip to test it out or game system and done:lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bet her mom has ideas too. I usually ask SIL what they are into. My nieces like coffee a lot but since the oldest works at a local coffee house I didn’t think a gift card to a chain place would be enjoyed as much.

My aunt sent me a really pretty bouquet of flowers for my 16th and I actually loved that. I’d never gotten flowers. It felt kind of grown up and unexpected I guess.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so glad we live in a time where my kids were able to skip even the whole chicken pox right of passage in childhood. :crazy:
ME, TOO! I had measles, mumps and chicken pox all at the same time, and BOY was I miserable! My mom kept mittens on me to keep me from clawing. And I have now made a note to ask my doctor about the shingles vaccine.

but with the baby we just got too busy.
LOL, I had two of them a year apart. I can remember when I thought I would change the world. After the second baby, I thought I was doing well to shave both legs the same day, without running out of hot water!

:lol:i cant afford to buy her a real car:flail:and her dad isno help at all i txted him and asked whats she into? he sent back i have no clue:rolleyes:
Contact her mom. At that age, it could be anything, but a really pretty piece of "real" jewelry is rarely amiss. Birthstone, but a good one, is a nice idea. Even my granddaughter, who is NOT a jewelry person, wears the opal earrings (and BOY did I have a time getting clip-ons! She is NOT pierced) and necklace on special occasions.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct I like the ideas of a nice necklace, earrings, and flowers. I think the flowers could be a "special" gift from godfather to goddaughter, on a special occasion... Turning 16 is a big thing.... or could you do both a nice necklace and flowers.

There is just something special about getting getting your first floral arrangement delivered to you house... :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I had two of them a year apart. I can remember when I thought I would change the world. After the second baby, I thought I was doing well to shave both legs the same day, without running out of hot water!
Don't tell M maggiedemi , but it's been like three days since I've showered again. It was a lot easier to get things done before she was mobile, and unfortunately, she will only contact nap, so I can't just leave her in the crib. She wakes right up.

At least I can catch up on TV while she's napping!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking I'll need to go somewhere else when my husband gets home. :lol: I asked him to take my car in for an oil change and also have both back tires looked at as they were losing air pressure. His co-workers wouldn't follow him to the shop to drive him back to work so he walked. He is overweight so walking the 2 miles isn't easy for him and he is pissed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am wondering why I feel compelled to come into work when I am clearly sick and also have about 400 hours of sick leave that I could use. I just think if I stayed home and wallowed in being sick, it would make me feel worse.
I did that at one job. Taking time off just meant having a lot to catch up on. Then they laid me off and had the nerve to ask me to donate my sick time to my boss’ maternity leave. 😒 I donated to someone with a chronic condition at our other office who was going to need an extended time off. 😉

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did that at one job. Taking time off just meant having a lot to catch up on. Then they laid me off and had the nerve to ask me to donate my sick time to my boss’ maternity leave. 😒 I donated to someone with a chronic condition at our other office who was going to need an extended time off. 😉
That is pretty much why I come in too. My "back up" is an idiot and screws things up constantly so it's just easier to come in. Plus we had a homicide over the weekend and that is the last thing I want screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.