The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm hooked on paranormal shows. I added Discovery + to my Amazon Prime, and OH MY! There are hundreds of them! I've seen a good many, but don't mind watching again. Currently, I'm finishing up "Ghost Asylum," which follows the Tennessee Wraith Chasers, a group of Good Ol' Boys out for ghosts. I find it a bit amusing, and somewhat disrespectful, that they were, at the time, want to build "ghost traps." As if.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hooked on paranormal shows. I added Discovery + to my Amazon Prime, and OH MY! There are hundreds of them! I've seen a good many, but don't mind watching again. Currently, I'm finishing up "Ghost Asylum," which follows the Tennessee Wraith Chasers, a group of Good Ol' Boys out for ghosts. I find it a bit amusing, and somewhat disrespectful, that they were, at the time, want to build "ghost traps." As if.
I watch them periodically. Last night I watched a two hour cable show of the Osbornes visiting some allegedly haunted houses. It was pretty good.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been pretty happy with my weight loss, as I'm officially about 2-5lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight, but then I saw a picture my mom posted of my nephew's baptism, and got all insecure again and feeling wide.

I guess I'm not done yet. I thought maybe five more pounds would get me in a good place, but I might be happier with ten.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been pretty happy with my weight loss, as I'm officially about 2-5lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight, but then I saw a picture my mom posted of my nephew's baptism, and got all insecure again and feeling wide.

I guess I'm not done yet. I thought maybe five more pounds would get me in a good place, but I might be happier with ten.
the numbers dont lie wont be long before you reach your target :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I have a terrible earache/semi sore throat this morning.

Is it sad my first thought isn't "ear infection" but "is this the newest covid symptom"?

I may take an ibuprofen to help get through the day.

And I'll stop complaining on this thread now.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Is it sad my first thought isn't "ear infection" but "is this the newest covid symptom"?

You never seem to complain so go ahead. Probably just a cold but I know it is stressful right now and taking care of a baby when you aren’t feeling great is no fun either.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have had a sore throat for 2 days and can tell that my voice is starting to go.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's not fun; but the fact is our bodies are often shapped different after babies. Some people "snap back" but most of us retain a different shape. I weighed my pre-pregnancy weight quickly but still didn't wear the same size clothing. That's more normal than looking like you never had a kid at all. Even my very thin friends have body differences! The number on a scale is just a number. It does not define you or your health. :hugs:

I hope whatever bug you've got is short lived and your feeling better soon! Its deffinitey harder when you have a little baby to care for! Especially a mobile baby! :crazy: Hopefully you can rest a bit when she naps.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still had some hardcore ibuprofen (600 mg) that I got after I gave birth. So I went for it and am feeling better for now. My husband wanted to know if I could get into the doctor, but google tells me if it's an ear infection, they don't usually prescribe antibiotics anymore, so I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles . I still fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, so it could be I'm just being hard on myself. I don't get a lot of full body pictures. Idk if the sweater and camisole I was wearing yesterday, but my chest also looked really big, which I'm still not used to!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles . I still fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, so it could be I'm just being hard on myself. I don't get a lot of full body pictures. Idk if the sweater and camisole I was wearing yesterday, but my chest also looked really big, which I'm still not used to!
You're nursing! Deffinitely go easy on yourself. Sometimes pictures just don't show the best angle. Sometimes it's our clothes. Especialy plus size stuff. They had all these peasant style tops out and I was like NOPE. People will think I'm pregnant. That's not a good look on me. :lol:

I've never been one to know how to pose for a photo. I'm always trying to figure out how to not emphasize the family chin (which I had even when I was thin). My strategy of standing behind my kids no longer works either. DD is taller than me. :lol: And a size 0/2... :rolleyes2:
I have to get my Shingrix vaccine now that I turned 50. My mom got shingles twice and I don't want to go through that.
BFF had it; which is somewhat common after chemo, and she was miserable with nerve pain. That's deffinitley one ot avoid!

I'm so glad we live in a time where my kids were able to skip even the whole chicken pox right of passage in childhood. :crazy:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have to get my Shingrix vaccine now that I turned 50. My mom got shingles twice and I don't want to go through that.
My mom had shingles, too, in her late 80s or early 90s. She was so miserable, and it was hard to keep her from scratching at it. (She was in the early stages of age-related dementia and kept forgetting she shouldn’t scratch.) It was on her face and came close to her eye which was really concerning. I had the original Zostavax which I don’t think they give anymore, but then got the Shingrix vaccinations as soon as they became available. Nasty stuff, shingles.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m also part of the “I got a cold train”. It’s never fun but combined with being 8.5 months pregnant it’s been a tad worse. The sore throat teams up with my acid reflux and both enjoy hanging out with the mild insomnia.

I seem to be in the mend though, just that pesky post nasal drip. And I get induced in just under two weeks! It’s crazy

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Had a fun maternity shoot with our wedding photographer a few weeks ago. We just did it at our new house and she made it look so magical!

Attachments

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, the tractor is totally new. We moved from the suburbs to the country and our lovely push electric mower can’t handle all the acres. My husband has been very excited about the tractor. The plan was to put in a huge garden plot for me but with the baby we just got too busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.