The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Agree. I am a community moderator for Next Door in my area and it’s amazing what inappropriate or just plain mean things are said.
Years ago, when Ghost Hunters was THE show, I was a moderator on the T.A.P.S. forum. You've never seen people brangle like people who have just trotted out their pet paranormal theory that goes against someone else's! Some of the worst fights were over teminology, which is not now, and never has been set in stone! Everyone just kinda picks their pet word for a phenomenon, and goes with it.

Entering my fourth hour of furnace installation and banging, hammering and other noises. I am so ready for it to be done and I am sure both cats who have been hiding the entire time are feeling the same.
And how did the fiancé installation go? :flail:

Have a baby, they said. It'll be fun, they said. :sleep:
Hang in there, Darlin, it will all be over in 18-22 years. Or most of it will be. This is why I now live with a cat...the kids are grown and gone, the husband would NOT grow, and hence is gone. Me and the cat. We're doing just fine.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
And how did the fiancé installation go? :flail:
Well, I have never had a successful fiance installation but the furnace went well but took until 5:30 to finish. Temps dropped down to the mid 40’s that night so having heat was very much appreciated. And while it was a big unplanned expense the peace of mind of knowing your furnace will work is well worth it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have never had a successful fiance installation but the furnace went well but took until 5:30 to finish. Temps dropped down to the mid 40’s that night so having heat was very much appreciated. And while it was a big unplanned expense the peace of mind of knowing your furnace will work is well worth it.
I know how that goes. Had to get a new roof (tree fell on the other one) and a new A/C unit this year within a few months of each other.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, unplanned expenses and home ownership just go together. I hope your insurance covered most of the roof.
Yes it did. We needed a new one anyway because ours was 24 years old and we plan to move in about 5 years and would need a new one put on to sell. At least with the tree falling on it, we didn't have to pay for the bulk of it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two thoughts...

1... I am thinking Boone ate some of my hair recently because when I went to scoop the poop this morning, I ended up with a poop necklace. :ohwell:

2... I am thinking that going off script and buying different brands of food besides Weruva for overnight snacks is what is giving Gracie diarrhea first thing in the morning.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Gracie may have a sensitive GI system, with all the brand changes.

After having one IBD cat, and Geoffrey with his issues: I am thinking that it is best to stick with either one or 2 brands of food, and not change them around.

I really spoiled Artie with all his food changes. I gave him a ton of variety, all different brands. I made him a spoiled monster with regard to food. I should have stuck with only one or two. I would have been easier in the long run.

Geoffrey, I have noticed a huge difference. I ams tasing to one brand--limited protein, prescription food. It is not the best, but, I am playing 'bad mama' and not giving into his wanting different food. or even constant dry kibble form.

I think the changes really do upset some kitties GI System.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Gracie may have a sensitive GI system, with all the brand changes.

After having one IBD cat, and Geoffrey with his issues: I am thinking that it is best to stick with either one or 2 brands of food, and not change them around.

I really spoiled Artie with all his food changes. I gave him a ton of variety, all different brands. I made him a spoiled monster with regard to food. I should have stuck with only one or two. I would have been easier in the long run.

Geoffrey, I have noticed a huge difference. I ams tasing to one brand--limited protein, prescription food. It is not the best, but, I am playing 'bad mama' and not giving into his wanting different food. or even constant dry kibble form.

I think the changes really do upset some kitties GI System.
Up until I started feeding Weruva exclusively several months ago, all I did was switch brands. I think I tried almost every type of food with them their first year. Obviously that isn't going to happen anymore. :lol: #weruva4life

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting my exercise this morning running up and down the basement stairs because Lola is down there in Willow’s territory. Willow is barely visible in an enclosed bed and Lola has been periodically sticking her head close to the opening whereupon Willow gives her a growl and Lola backs off. This has been going on for a couple hours and they seems to be working it out without my supervision but it still makes me nervous. This isn’t a good pic but that is Lola on the left and Willow is in her usual sleeping space underneath the bed on the right.
39EE80A9-F3CE-4286-A248-D84F06B90367.jpeg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching a new show called Pop My Pet. Basically Dr Pimple Popper but with animals. I love this kind of stuff. The more gross, the better. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.