The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A week or so ago, I saw on the Weruva website that they were coming out with a new one called Press Your Dinner. It's basically Jeopurrdy in a can instead of a pouch. Chewy wasn't offering it so I couldn't order any for my next shipment which I got yesterday. But I looked today and Chewy has it now so I put it in my autoship order for 2 months from now. It will take that long to get through my current order.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy has a service where you can chat with a vet but I've not tried it. I would LOVE it if our vet started offering that. I'm a bit hesitant with them after not liking my last experience there. Previously we always saw one of 2 vets and both were excellent. I'd developed a good working relationship with both between both cats senior issues.:crazy:
The last Cat Fourm I went to had a vet that would answer member's questions. He was 0K but some members did not like him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last Cat Fourm I went to had a vet that would answer member's questions. He was 0K but some members did not like him.
I would be really selective about what I ask via the Internet. Its just not the same as hands on and building a rapport with the vet in person. But it could be so helpful for general questions!

We used to have a nurse line to call when we needed medical advice. Like the time I smacked my head on the counter in the bathroom in the middle of the night. :lol: :paperbag: We have a telemed service with our current insurance now; but I’m not a fan of the whole video chat thing. When DH has had video appointments I think its too hard to hear depending on the doctors equipment.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a cheaper version of the Chom Chom if anyone is interested. Chom Chom is about $25 but the one from Moxy Pets is half that at around $17. Both work the same way and the Moxy one works really well.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Staying home with Gracie. For the last 3 days, about 10-15 minutes after getting up, she has had diarrhea. First two days were mostly loosely formed stool with a bit of diarrhea at the beginning. Today was full on diarrhea. Afterwards she is ok.

Tried booking an appointment but none available until mid-October. Just going to watch her all day since I don't get to do that normally.

She is eating well and behavior is normal so I am at a loss. Thought it might be the Blue Buffalo Tastefuls I was giving them for overnight snack but they got their normal food last night and this morning was the worst episode.
Friday was the last day of Gracie's morning diarrhea. Never figured out why it was happening. 🤷‍♀️ Just glad that is over as I am sure she is too.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The orchid my mom bought me for my birthday last year looks like it's slowly dying and I have no idea why. It was doing perfectly fine and even growing a ton of new roots and then a few days ago, I noticed yellowing on all the bottom leaves except for one and now, almost all the leaves on the entire plant are yellow but the roots still look healthy. The stem isn't mushy either. I'm kind of sad about it because I excepted to have it for a long time...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The orchid my mom bought me for my birthday last year looks like it's slowly dying and I have no idea why. It was doing perfectly fine and even growing a ton of new roots and then a few days ago, I noticed yellowing on all the bottom leaves except for one and now, almost all the leaves on the entire plant are yellow but the roots still look healthy. The stem isn't mushy either. I'm kind of sad about it because I excepted to have it for a long time...
When my youngest was about 6, we "rescued" a cactus that was growing wild outside in one of our planters. Repotted it into a smaller pot and it would switch between inside and outside depending on the season. Last Spring, I went to put it back outside and it for some reason started not doing well. Brought it back inside but it never recovered. Ended up tossing it a week or so ago. We had it for at least 10 years. I need to find something to replace it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats! I think we might have made a progress step. As usual, this morning I fed Lola in her room and Willow in the kitchen and then waited for Willow to head down for her nap before opening Lola’s door. When I assumed she had gone downstairs I let Lola out, but an hour or so later I heard screaming and growling from Willow inside the hall closet and Lola backing her way out. That closet is Willow’s winter napping spot and between the workers downstairs yesterday and our chilly weather, I guess she has decided to make a switch to the upstairs closet. I am encouraged that she stood her ground and that after initial encounter Lola hasn't bothered her.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats! I think we might have made a progress step. As usual, this morning I fed Lola in her room and Willow in the kitchen and then waited for Willow to head down for her nap before opening Lola’s door. When I assumed she had gone downstairs I let Lola out, but an hour or so later I heard screaming and growling from Willow inside the hall closet and Lola backing her way out. That closet is Willow’s winter napping spot and between the workers downstairs yesterday and our chilly weather, I guess she has decided to make a switch to the upstairs closet. I am encouraged that she stood her ground and that after initial encounter Lola hasn't bothered her.
Sometimes you just have to let them work it out themselves. Glad Willow stood up for herself. :clap:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
When my youngest was about 6, we "rescued" a cactus that was growing wild outside in one of our planters. Repotted it into a smaller pot and it would switch between inside and outside depending on the season. Last Spring, I went to put it back outside and it for some reason started not doing well. Brought it back inside but it never recovered. Ended up tossing it a week or so ago. We had it for at least 10 years. I need to find something to replace it.
I guess sometimes they just give up. :dunno: The others are doing well and they are in an identical set up with an identical care routine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm starting to think this day was just not meant to be productive.

And that has nothing to do with staying up till 3:30 reading or getting woken up by the smoke detectors letting me know the power was restored (since I didn't know it was out either...)...

:sleep:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know today was not meant to be productive. I did my weightlifting and may cook an easy meal, but I'm cranky over lack of sleep and J is on and off fussy as well.

And today going by so slowly as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.