The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Sleep deprivation will have you saying some crazy things you wouldn't normally. I bet her "bowels and consanants" ( :crazy: family joke...sorry...not sorry...) are empty after everything. That seems to be how it works for any of us after stomach viruses have hit too. Hopefully thats all over and she'll be just 100% normal puppy shenanigans now. :hugs:
I love bowels and consonants - or maybe incontinence lol.

She seems much better today, just waiting for the poop to restart lol. We had stopped feeding her to try and calm the system down Saturday evening, and started again Sunday afternoon. So it might just have to run it’s course!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love bowels and consonants - or maybe incontinence lol.

She seems much better today, just waiting for the poop to restart lol. We had stopped feeding her to try and calm the system down Saturday evening, and started again Sunday afternoon. So it might just have to run it’s course!
I get that "watch" every time Mooch has had an episode with constipation (a side effect of her meds). :crazy:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy my last kid is in his last year of high school so I will no longer have to pay for over-priced yearbook. I opted out of last year's because minus the last few months, school was virtual so there wasn't much to put in a yearbook yet it still cost almost $100.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Though everyone should know that Casey pooped this morning! I’ve never been so happy to see poop lol! It’s especially exciting because if we are out on a potty break for too long she gets all wild and tries to play with our feet when we walk so trying to wait her out has been very difficult.

Attachments

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got an email this morning from vet saying they are launching a 24/7 chat option through their app. Any concerns, just click on the app and you are able to talk to a vet professional. Hopefully that works better than their "text us" option. Texted them on Friday about Gracie having a bout of diarrhea first thing in the morning for the last 3 days and never got a response.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chewy has a service where you can chat with a vet but I've not tried it. I would LOVE it if our vet started offering that. I'm a bit hesitant with them after not liking my last experience there. Previously we always saw one of 2 vets and both were excellent. I'd developed a good working relationship with both between both cats senior issues.

I went through my kid's clothing from last year yesterday and today. Why is that always such a project!? DS is between sizes. :rolleyes2: DD seems to have a pleathora of Christmasey shirts that fit but not too many regular ones. With her being more into juniors styles and sizes even some that DO fit aren't her style so much anymore. I do think homeschooling helps a bit with that though; no peer pressure about clothing. No school pressure to grow up too fast.

Right now I'm appreciating not having fundraisers too. :lol:
Furnace tuneup this morning and it did not pass. It was 17 years old so sort of to be expected one of these years. New furnace and a big bill (sigh) tomorrow.
It's good you know now and not when it breaks down in the middle of winter though. That would be the bright side for me. I think having those regular inspections and maintenance is well worth it! We have a wood stove so it would be ok if the furnace did go out for a little bit; but I'm not a fan of handling fire so I'd have to learn quick! And our bathroom still gets frigid being so far from the stove. So that's not idea. :crazy:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , having your furnace go in the middle of brutally cold winter is not good. My son is giving me grief for not getting multiple estimates on the replacement but I just want to get it done. As it is our nights are now getting into the 40‘s and low 50’s, so it’s not like I have weeks to decide.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy has a service where you can chat with a vet but I've not tried it. I would LOVE it if our vet started offering that. I'm a bit hesitant with them after not liking my last experience there. Previously we always saw one of 2 vets and both were excellent. I'd developed a good working relationship with both between both cats senior issues.

I went through my kid's clothing from last year yesterday and today. Why is that always such a project!? DS is between sizes. :rolleyes2: DD seems to have a pleathora of Christmasey shirts that fit but not too many regular ones. With her being more into juniors styles and sizes even some that DO fit aren't her style so much anymore. I do think homeschooling helps a bit with that though; no peer pressure about clothing. No school pressure to grow up too fast.

Right now I'm appreciating not having fundraisers too. :lol:

It's good you know now and not when it breaks down in the middle of winter though. That would be the bright side for me. I think having those regular inspections and maintenance is well worth it! We have a wood stove so it would be ok if the furnace did go out for a little bit; but I'm not a fan of handling fire so I'd have to learn quick! And our bathroom still gets frigid being so far from the stove. So that's not idea. :crazy:
Upon further investigation, it's not through my specific vet. It is available from any VCA participating vet through the VCA app.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
People feel like they can just say anything on the Internet without regard for anyone. It shows up everywhere. Especially during elections. If you wouldn’t say it to someones face; you don’t need to say it online. :nono:
Agree. I am a community moderator for Next Door in my area and it’s amazing what inappropriate or just plain mean things are said.

Status
Not open for further replies.