The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:rolleyes:have an appointment with my gastro doc at 10 am this morning its on the westside of los angeles:lol:been up before 4am to just enjoy my coffee and slowly get ready etc:lol:will be a long day :lol:got a big bag of beef jerky to snack on though for the long drive:yess:
4am should be illegal. It's gloomy here today and I'm still sleepy eyed hours after getting up. I'd probably have more energy if it would actually rain.

I don't know how people stand living in big cities. The traffic would drive me nuts!! It's bad enough when it's just once in a while to do something touristy. And I don't even do the driving. :lol:

DS and I found a live Brown Bear webcam from Katmai National Park in Alaska. We've been streaming it to the TV on YouTube and staying very entertained. They'll be done for the year before too long; but for now it's still fun. There was one bear yesterday that just spent hours (literally) sitting in the same spot by the waterfall. I think the most we saw at once was 4 bears. I'm currently trying to bribe DS to hurry up so we can watch. :lol:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got cussed out by a scammer :yess:.

I was in the kitchen opening a can of cat food when our landline phone rang. I was unable to make it to the phone before the caller hung up, so I checked the call log. It was a long distance number, so I called back on my cell phone (free calls when it can connect to Wifi, whereas I have to pay extra to make a long distance call on the landline, and before you criticize me, yes, I do answer calls from numbers I don't recognise - some of them are important).

The guy on the other end said he was from Publisher's Clearing House and wanted to deliver a check and a Mercedes Benz to me today, and I told him that I recognised the scam. He offered to prove himself to me by sending me a picture of my check and my white Mercedes Benz, and when I pointed out that this wouldn't actually prove anything he proceeded to cuss me out and tell me to get off of his line. I guess he resented wasting time talking to someone who was on to him. :flail:

(For those who want to know how I know it was a scam, there were a few clues:
  • Publisher's Clearing House doesn't call.
  • If PCH did call it would be from a toll free number.
  • And the absolute clincher is that a PCH employee would never be so rude. PCH is aware that a whole lot of people have been impersonating them this year, and would appreciate my caution.)
Margret

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes:have an appointment with my gastro doc at 10 am this morning its on the westside of los angeles:lol:been up before 4am to just enjoy my coffee and slowly get ready etc:lol:will be a long day :lol:got a big bag of beef jerky to snack on though for the long drive:yess:
Husband had an appointment for an echocardiogram this morning. Leading up to him leaving, he told me that he was going to be told to go to a hospital in Washington DC and that he was going to need surgery. He was freaking himself out and pretty much thought the end was near. :rolleyes: Ended up being a quick procedure and he was sent home 30 minutes later. Then he comes home and explains it was like gerting an ultrasound and how that works. I had to remind him that I was pregnant... TWICE... and I knew how ultrasounds work. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh bless his heart (literally and figuratively ;)). :lol: I don't necessarily want to stereotype men; but it really feels like women get put through so much else that I don't always remember to be sympathetic. Or maybe I just don't remember that medical proceedures are just way outside DH's normal range of thinking. :dunno: Just tell him echos are far preferable to transvaginal ultrasounds. :crazy:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago, my family got together for Christmas at my parents' house on the Oregon coast. My sister-in-law had been having some shoulder problems and had been given an exercise she was supposed to do: bend over at the waist, allowing her arm to hang down, and swing the arm around by moving her upper body with the arm totally relaxed. My brother was criticizing her technique, claiming that she was using her arm muscles. He could tell because the arm wasn't swinging in a perfect circle (and here he demonstrated the proper technique). My mother and I looked at each other and I said "Do you want to tell him or should I?"

"Oh, why don't you do it," said she.

So I told him. "John, it may have escaped your attention, but your wife happens to be a woman, much like your mother and your sister. And this means that she has certain appendanges that you don't have that are in the way when she swings her arm. She can't swing it in a perfect circle the way you do."

"Oh."

Tunnel vision.

Margret

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been involved in minor road accidents in my long life - all "friendly" affairs - payments being settled with or without the involvement of insurance companies. I only once received no payment when a rather unpleasant colleague, the mother of the guilty party, started arguing that I, who was earning such a high salary, should not expect a poor student to pay for the damage he'd caused to my very new car! I took the matter no further and paid for the new back bumper (fender?) myself.

The accident I was involved in, just over 2 weeks ago, is turning out quite differently, perhaps because it was a company vehicle that decided to cross my path!
Thankfully, no injuries but the effort and amount of work required before I get any compensation and start repairing my car is amazing. After the accident my damaged car could still be driven and there was no damage to the articulated truck. But, so far a lot of expensive people have been involved in this very minor accident:
  • first two policemen, who helped me release my car, the right front of which was under the trailer
  • a professional company to assess the damage,
  • followed by a garage check of the axle.
When I received the assessment I assumed that the insurance company would accept the estimation for repairs and I could get on with them. But it's evidently not that straightforward.

Today I had an appointment with a solicitor, who explained all the good and bad things that were now possible. I only understood a little more than half of it (German is not my mother tongue and this solicitor did like the sound of his own voice!)
So, I'll just have to wait and see what the insurance companies and legal departments can come up with.

I wish it was all over! It's still very much on my mind and I've got other things to do! :ruminating:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:well i waited 2 hours anda big pack of jacks links laterbefore i seen my doc for a 5 minute or so talkabout how he wants to get ultra sounds of my gallbladder to check my polyp and another to check my liver to see how much fat has built up since covid:lol:gotta change up my diet a lil bit again to pass the test:lol::barfgreen:always feel gross and slimy after taking those tests

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No diarrhea this morning!! Maybe it wasn't the Tastefuls but the overnight snack in general was upsetting her tummy all of a sudden. No snack and no morning diarrhea. And they went over 14 hours between wet meals yesterday. Their choice, not mine. Got breakfast at 3am and I fed them dinner just before 6pm and then it took them another hour to decide to come and eat it. Not sure if they didn't hear me putting the food out or they just weren't hungry until then.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
why is the mail running so late lately? i hate having to make several trips to the mailbox ... its hard on my legs and hips doing that
Our mail has been late, too. They’re having staffing challenges just like so many other places. Also, some are out with the virus or quarantined because of contact tracing.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Our mail has been late, too. They’re having staffing challenges just like so many other places. Also, some are out with the virus or quarantined because of contact tracing.
Tobermory Tobermory yeah i understand that and i never complain to them . i just have health issues and they make hard for me to get around

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama i have that also , its called informed delivery , i also get email notifications about it
Probably she means a physical device that sprung up when someone opened the box. I've seen a lot of different versions. Informed Delivery just tells you what's coming; it doesn't tell you when it gets delivered.

But yeah, probably staffing issues. Things are rough all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.