The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the cutest thing when I got to work. We have to go through a gate to get to the parking garage. When the gate moved, I saw one of the stray cats that we have around here sitting there. It looked like she was sitting next to a crumpled paper bag. As I moved a little closer to get her to move so I could get into the parking garage, I saw that the paper bag was actually an orange kitten. It was so adorable!! Momma ran away and the little one followed.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie's boyfriend (that she hates with a passion). 🤣 I am surprised he stood still long enough for youngest to snap this.
View attachment 393583
He came for a visit last night around 6:30pm. You can always tell he is there because you can hear hissing and banging down in the rec room. I went into my bedroom to look from above to see him but he was too close to the sliding glass door. Went downstairs and peeked. He saw me and moved back a little from the door and laid down. Gracie grumbled the entire time and even Boone got into the act a little. He decided he had enough and walked back towards the woods but not before turning and spraying our wood terracing. I should have nailed him in the butt with the BB gun for that disrespect. :headshake:

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke with my friends from Queens Ny and the are fine. I am 80 miles upstate from Queens and we had 6 inches of rain and some gusty winds. Many of my neighbors have flooded basements. The park that is a 2 minute walk away flooded because the stream jumped its banks. This is the baseball field
66AFFB23-0D93-48F4-9F52-019B083F397F.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother’s childhood best friend lives near Lake Peekskill and she was sharing some pictures. It’s a sad situation. The death toll is heartbreaking. :sniffle:

I took my DD shopping for jeans today. DS had to tag along and my mother couldn’t come for moral support. I feel like I earned a medal with a pan of brownies. We checked 3 stores and purchased from 2. Between those stores she got 3 different sizes!! THREE!!

I’ve been telling her that with women’s clothing the number on the tag doesn’t mean much. This really illustrated that because I held the jeans up together and there was little to no difference in them!:dunno:

It was pretty amusing seeing all the 90s fashion back in stores. I went in one and it looked almost the same as it did the last time I shopped there…in high school.:flail:

DD probably got tired of hearing how I had something “just like that!” “But without the holes because we didn’t like that back then.”:lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am late on the idea of grocery pick up service but I tried it yesterday and really liked it. I ordered online in the morning and picked up my stuff on my way home from work. I had the groceries put away by the time I was normally leaving the grocery store parking lot. Wasn't so rushed to get litter boxes cleaned and refilled before having to leave and pick up dinner. Will probably make grocery pick up a weekly thing now. Only cost me $3 extra for the service. Person who runs the stuff out to my car wouldn't accept a tip though. I don't think it was even because I helped load up my trunk.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
apparently my dad and lil sister have been buying those hello fresh meal kits he said some of them are pretty good :lol: might have to test em out soon
I had thought about doing that but the cost vs just buying ingredients swayed me. I don't often make elaborate meals so cooking from scratch so to speak isn't that much of a hassle. I make up my dinner menu for the month and if I have a time consuming meal planned on Monday, I put a quick and easy meal on Tuesday.

Post what you think of the meals. I still may try some once in a while in the future. Maybe when it's just me and the husband. I don't know how to cook for 2. I tend to cook for 6 because boys tend to have seconds of whatever dinner we are having.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Big cool down here, with nights now in the 50’s. I was rummaging for warmer pj’s last night and realized it was time for a serious clean out of the pj drawer. I seem to go years without doing this do this so the drawers are crammed to the top. Don’t know why when I neglect these drawers but I sure do. I emptied and washed the drawers this morning and and moved about 60% of the contents to the trash.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grocery pickup is the best! Where was it all those years I was toting two small kids through the store!? :lol: Occasionally I have an issue; but really it doesn't benefit the store to do a bad job if they want the business and to not have to offer refunds. The new church we've been attending is basically next to a Walmart so last week I set our pickup for the hour after the service ends. Getting home with the groceries like that felt amazing so I just scheduled one again for tomorrow.

game misconduct game misconduct I have a friend who uses them and loves it. She always posts pictures of the meals on Facebook and they do look pretty good. It looks like a good way to try some different things too.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did grocery delivery for a few months before I had to go dairy free. I feel better now looking at the labels myself, and I usually wasn't fond of the produce they gave me.

But it does work in a pinch.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail:apparently gf drove herself and her ocd crazy(thought i got her mad until i finally asked why the dirty grumpy looks my way?).then i got a good laugh when she told me she bought this stripped table cloth. that it wasnt the color she thought it was supposed to be a black stripe not that navy blue:flail:i spent a week or so wondering why the grumpy looks:lol:and ended up having to help her apply dbl sided tape to keep this new solid black one in place on our coffee table :rolleyes:

Attachments

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will go out on a limb and say someone had "issues" during the night. Looked like a crime scene when I woke up.

At first, I thought someone had just gotten out of the box before they were done.
20210905_072058.jpg

And then I saw the true horror that awaited me. 😱
20210905_070205.jpg
20210905_070210.jpg

All seems well now though as I was cleaning up, Boone and Gracie were running around like their normal buttmonkey selves.

And as it turned out, today was the day their breakfast has pumpkin in it so that should help whoever's upset tummy.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oldest had a "no good deed goes unpunished" day yesterday. Drove an hour and a half to his Grandma's house to cut up wood and a dead tree for her. Got almost there and got a flat tire. Grandma paid him $150 but the new tire will be about that so he pretty much broke even if you factor in gas used to go up there and back. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.