The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wondering why people are so rude when they drive ... the husband and i was almost ran over this morning :dizzycat:
I think people feel powerful when they’re behind the wheel and they power they feel is the same as the power they feel behind the anonymity of the keyboard. Pretty sucky.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simon is acting a wee bit better today. He came downstairs for the first time in days. He is being extra picky about food, though.

My daughter had to work at 6 this morning and had dropped off Hobbit last night at his bedtime so that I did not have to get up at 5.:30 because of how late I stay up. I went to bed at 3, but the storm kept waking me up (We are in hour three of the storm.) She is lucky for my sleep issues because she locked her keys in her house and her spare is was not in her car. She had to walk half a mile in the storm without an umbrella to my house. I always turn my phone on silent at night (and most of the time, if I am going to be honest), and with the air on in our room, I cannot hear anyone at the door. Thankfully, she was only knocking for a couple of minutes when the storm woke me and I heard her.

When I got back, Hobbit was wide awake. He is back in his bed; however, I cannot go back to sleep until he is asleep. I am so tired.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel you Elphaba09 Elphaba09 . I have many regrets in my life, but my latest was deciding to change my daughter's diaper at AM (I've been slowly extending the length of a stretch I'll allow her so my breasts will slowly get used to it rather than go from four hours to eight), and instead of feeding right to sleep she decided she was awake and it took another hour to get her back down so I could get a little bit more sleep.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel you Elphaba09 Elphaba09 . I have many regrets in my life, but my latest was deciding to change my daughter's diaper at AM (I've been slowly extending the length of a stretch I'll allow her so my breasts will slowly get used to it rather than go from four hours to eight), and instead of feeding right to sleep she decided she was awake and it took another hour to get her back down so I could get a little bit more sleep.
Thank you for the empathy! He ended up falling back to sleep around 9 and woke up at 10:43, so I got a wee bit of sleep. I changed his diaper and filled up his cup. At the moment, I am too tired to make him his usual breakfast of spinach eggs and toast. A while back, I had asked my husband to pick up some grits at the store. He brought back instant grits. I felt the shame of my hillbilly ancestors upon me at the time; however, those grits are currently cooling for a hungry boy who does not know the shame those grits are bringing me. Haha!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the empathy! He ended up falling back to sleep around 9 and woke up at 10:43, so I got a wee bit of sleep. I changed his diaper and filled up his cup. At the moment, I am too tired to make him his usual breakfast of spinach eggs and toast. A while back, I had asked my husband to pick up some grits at the store. He brought back instant grits. I felt the shame of my hillbilly ancestors upon me at the time; however, those grits are currently cooling for a hungry boy who does not know the shame those grits are bringing me. Haha!
This reminds me of how my mom always made mashed potatoes from real potatoes, and getting smooth instant ones at my paternal grandma's house felt like a treat.

I use real potatoes, but am lazy and use my immersion blender instead of a masher, so they get a lot smoother than my mom's did.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand that feeling when you short cut on a food. Whenever I open a jar of spaghetti sauce instead of making my own I feel my grandmother scorn from beyond.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
worried about my cousin he is an icu doc up in oregon when i talked to him today he sounded a bit frustrated and pissed at all these people that ignored medical advice refused the vaccine along with masking up. who now have covid and are taking up all the icu beds that others could use car accident victims etc.afraid he is getting the attitude of they made the choice to dig their own grave so let them die in it and quit taking up resources,time that could be used to save others.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yellow grits are best :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
worried about my cousin he is an icu doc up in oregon when i talked to him today he sounded a bit frustrated and pissed at all these people that ignored medical advice refused the vaccine along with masking up. who now have covid and are taking up all the icu beds that others could use car accident victims etc.afraid he is getting the attitude of they made the choice to dig their own grave so let them die in it and quit taking up resources,time that could be used to save others.
I am sure he is exhausted and disheartened. Not a rewarding time to be a medical professional.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Supposedly I live in an unfriendly state anyway but I notice a difference in people when "things" are going on in the world. That's what I suspect the reason is anyway. Like people are carrying more stress and just snippy because of it. Or just don't want to give anyone else the time of day. I didn't think it was bad here but my bestie moved back here from Texas and said pepople here are mean! :crazy: I think I might not notice it as much because the state I was born in and the ones where a lot of family live are supposedly worse or just as bad. I do notice it when I go visit my grandparents and go into the grocery store. People don't even look at you unless they know you. Then it's like "How the hell are ya!?" Which I found extra funny because that's EXACTLY how my grandfather greeted old friends he'd run into. :lol: Like he's never been one to use profanity; but that's just the greeting there. :lol:

DH is from the south and people are waaay too friendly for my introverted side. Online is one thing. In person I'm somewhere in the middle I guess. But MIL acts like she's never met a stranger. We'll go visit these cute shops and everyone is SUPER chatty. The small talk is nice; but sometimes I hit my wall before we get home. I was thinking I should get myself an introvert t-shirt to wear like a warning. But they'd probably make conversation about that too. :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live in a rather friendly area. Sure, there are a few people in the approximately 2,000 that live in and around the village that are jerks; however, people tend to be helpful and courteous. We may not all know each other's names, but everyone either knows someone by face or through someone else, but not in a busy buddy sort of way.

I do think, however, that 99% of the residents would agree that the zoning inspector is a bit of a jerk (I need a stronger word, but I will leave it at that.) Prior to getting her position, she seemed okay. Now, it is as if she has the "power" of zoning inspector--one who does not know all the codes and regulations--and tries to harass people. Her neighbor to the east is her favorite target. They had to get the mayor involved! We have gotten a few letters and one visit from her. She was wrong each time. She even tried to go out of village limits to enforce codes.

As for people on here being rude, I have not seen it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate people on power trips like that. We had the county inspector come by once because our wood stove hadn’t had its final sign off. He was so nice about it. It was no big deal at all.

When I was in my early teens we lived in a neighborhood where they inspected your yard every week and you’d get a notice if something wasn’t up to snuff. We had just moved in when we got one saying our bushes needed trimming. :rolleyes2: And thats where my opinions on HOAs started to form.;)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I refused to buy a house in a HOA neighborhood. Thats part of how we ended up on a country road. Its one thing if you’re in a condo or neighborhood with landscaping benefits and things like that. It’s another if they just want to control the neighborhood. ;) :rolleyes2:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my youngest's Senior pictures in the mail today. It is becoming reality that my baby is heading into his last year of high school next week. I put his Senior picture on the wall underneath my oldest's and am just staring at it in disbelief.

The good thing is that nothing will change after that. Like the oldest, he will still live at home his first two years of college and go to the community college to save some money.
20210826_164800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.